176 replies to this topic

#161 titanman01

All District

• Members
  • 114 posts

Member No.: 7693

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostRd2Glory, on 26 December 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

I don't have any problem with SPPS kids attending OG. I have a problem with people who get upset with LCC getting public school kids, but don't think twice about OG getting every graduate from a Catholic elementary school. Mr. Bearcat pointed out that the church SPPS represents is "OTTAWA St. Peter and Paul," and so therefore my argument was stupid. I pointed out that the public schools LCC receives some students from that people complain about are "LIMA Bath," "LIMA Shawnee," and "LIMA Senior." My original post wasn't to disprove or reinforce Mr. Bearcat's. It was too acknowledge that his argument is applicable to LCC the same way he applied it to OG.
Where else would like our kids from Ottawa to attend high school? Ottawa has one high school, OGHS gets ALL kids from OE, Glandorf and SPPS. We have one high school for our kids to attend. It is completely different from what you are trying to refer to or convince people to believe. We are OGHS and we are from Ottawa and Glandorf, its really pretty simple.

#162 clutch

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Member No.: 2940

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

View Posttitanman01, on 26 December 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Where else would like our kids from Ottawa to attend high school? Ottawa has one high school, OGHS gets ALL kids from OE, Glandorf and SPPS. We have one high school for our kids to attend. It is completely different from what you are trying to refer to or convince people to believe. We are OGHS and we are from Ottawa and Glandorf, its really pretty simple.

Exactly! Ottawa and glandorf have basically one highschool to choose from. Lima has 6 to choose from and no one minds where anyone goes as long as its not LCC lol.
"You're a mess"

#163 Rd2Glory

All District

• Members
  • 495 posts

Member No.: 3050

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

View Posttitanman01, on 26 December 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

I just said that I don't have any problem at all with SPPS kids attending OG. I think they should, as I believe OG to be a great model school both academically and athletically.

My post was directed towards the people that make a big deal out of a Lima Senior kid deciding to attend Lima Central Catholic after 8th grade, but don't think twice about every kid from the Catholic elementary school in Ottawa going to the public high school. Again, I have no problem with SPPS kids attending OG, just think it's a bit of a double standard with posters on here.

#164 JohnMcClane

All District

• Members
  • 423 posts

Member No.: 8043

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostRd2Glory, on 26 December 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

I just said that I don't have any problem at all with SPPS kids attending OG. I think they should, as I believe OG to be a great model school both academically and athletically.

My post was directed towards the people that make a big deal out of a Lima Senior kid deciding to attend Lima Central Catholic after 8th grade, but don't think twice about every kid from the Catholic elementary school in Ottawa going to the public high school. Again, I have no problem with SPPS kids attending OG, just think it's a bit of a double standard with posters on here.

Apple meet Orange.

#165 dawgbone

All District

• Members
  • 288 posts

Member No.: 310

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

LCC does not "pick" its students. Its students pick LCC. LCC accepts them into the school. If you're so worried about students leaving public schools to "pick" LCC instead, perhaps you should as them or their parents why they make that choice. Officials from LCC do not go to their homes and kidnap them.

Also....LCC does not award vouchers. The state awards vouchers to failing school districts so parents can choose another school that is not a failing school for their children. LCC does accept students with a voucher as other schools can do. Again, LCC does not "pick" them, they "pick" LCC and have to pay the difference between what the value of the voucher is and the cost of tuition.

The fact that LCC has the ability to draw students from a large pool does not mean that that's what in reality happens. LCC has about 80-90 students in each class, 9-12, coming mostly from the Lima City, Shawnee, and Elida school districts; the same districts in which it's elementary schools draw their students from. It has not gotten larger, in fact it's smaller, than it was when they joined the league. And the population in the 3 elementary schools is way down, so it doesn't look like the school will get larger in the near future.

The fact that you all spend so much time hating LCC is a back-handed compliment. I find it amazing that the only thing you all care about is NWC championships; such a small part of the educational experience as a whole, and hate LCC mostly because they won so many of them during their stint in the NWC. If they had been a mediocre addition, especially in football, none of you would have cared. What does that say about you?

While being a part of the NWC was nice for the student-athletes at LCC for the last 7 years, they will be just fine in whatever situation results in the future whether it be as an independent school or part of a different league.

As far as the banner is concerned, it doesn't really matter. Just thought it was disrespectful to not at least hang the old one until they were out of the league. That's all.

Edited by dawgbone, 26 December 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#166 Rd2Glory

All District

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostJohnMcClane, on 26 December 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

Apple meet Orange.

I don't think it's different, but if you'd like an even more "apples to "apples" comparison, nobody on here cares when the public Lima schools get freshman from st Charles St Gerards or St Rose, but everyone cries foul when the opposite happens. It's a double standard and anyone who doesn't see that has blinders on.

#167 Mr Bearcat

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Member No.: 3337

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostRd2Glory, on 26 December 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

You know that Shawnee is officially titled "Lima Shawnee High School" and people who live in Shawnee have "Lima, OH" addresses? Same for Bath I believe. You wouldn't even know you were "leaving" Lima and entering one of these other townships. I know a few people who officially live in Elida, are in the Shawnee school district, and attend LCC.

Yes, but However up untill recently there was the Villiage of Ft. Shawnee, and the township is outside the City Limits. Therefore even it is offically titled Lima Shawnee, that is sorta misleading. The village apparently was Not big enough for a Post Office. That would also be why they officially live in Elida, but are in Shawnee School District.
Mr B

#168 GATA

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Member No.: 9311

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostBadlands, on 19 December 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

Your (a) amazing (idiot)......I forgot more about football or basketball then you will ever know. I love how you keep posting your clever posts, way to impress all the junior high (Flounder) and high school crowd. Its really easy to post the things you seem to know all based on rumors that YOU hear. Have you ever coached in high school? I gonna say NO.You would be amazed what coaches and A.D.'s say about certain schools. So go back to your journalist wanna be breakout star...You Go JB...

B

Coming from the guy who HEARS that certain schools recruit and then uses it as an excuse. Practice what you preach my brother. :hifive2:
"Don't take my kindness as a weakness"

#169 GATA

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Member No.: 9311

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

View Postdawgbone, on 26 December 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

LCC does not "pick" its students. Its students pick LCC. LCC accepts them into the school. If you're so worried about students leaving public schools to "pick" LCC instead, perhaps you should as them or their parents why they make that choice. Officials from LCC do not go to their homes and kidnap them.

Also....LCC does not award vouchers. The state awards vouchers to failing school districts so parents can choose another school that is not a failing school for their children. LCC does accept students with a voucher as other schools can do. Again, LCC does not "pick" them, they "pick" LCC and have to pay the difference between what the value of the voucher is and the cost of tuition.

The fact that LCC has the ability to draw students from a large pool does not mean that that's what in reality happens. LCC has about 80-90 students in each class, 9-12, coming mostly from the Lima City, Shawnee, and Elida school districts; the same districts in which it's elementary schools draw their students from. It has not gotten larger, in fact it's smaller, than it was when they joined the league. And the population in the 3 elementary schools is way down, so it doesn't look like the school will get larger in the near future.

The fact that you all spend so much time hating LCC is a back-handed compliment. I find it amazing that the only thing you all care about is NWC championships; such a small part of the educational experience as a whole, and hate LCC mostly because they won so many of them during their stint in the NWC. If they had been a mediocre addition, especially in football, none of you would have cared. What does that say about you?

While being a part of the NWC was nice for the student-athletes at LCC for the last 7 years, they will be just fine in whatever situation results in the future whether it be as an independent school or part of a different league.

As far as the banner is concerned, it doesn't really matter. Just thought it was disrespectful to not at least hang the old one until they were out of the league. That's all.

Finally...Somebody that actually looks into it before speaking. For that we thank you.
"Don't take my kindness as a weakness"

#170 Badlands

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,098 posts

Member No.: 3149

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

View Postdawgbone, on 26 December 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

LCC does not "pick" its students. Its students pick LCC. LCC accepts them into the school.

Since LCC does not "pick" students, someone must pay close attention. that too many athletes do not "pick" LCC, so LCC does not go up divisions in sports. I must say, I am amazed about the quality of athletes who "pick" LCC for the high quality education.

B

Edited by Badlands, 26 December 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#171 Badlands

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,098 posts

Member No.: 3149

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostGATA, on 26 December 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Coming from the guy who HEARS that certain schools recruit and then uses it as an excuse. Practice what you preach my brother. :hifive2:
Well you just high-fived yourself, Weird....And Im not your brother, and yes your right ,LCC does not recurit...Stud athletes "pick" LCC..

B

Edited by Badlands, 26 December 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#172 Rd2Glory

All District

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostBadlands, on 26 December 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

Since LCC does not "pick" students, someone must pay close attention. that too many athletes do not "pick" LCC, so LCC does not go up divisions in sports. I must say, I am amazed about the quality of athletes who "pick" LCC for the high quality education.

B

You guys only ever see the athletes that attend LCC.

In terms of number of kids with great athletic ability, LCC is way behind Lima Senior, Shawnee, and Elida, and probably about even with Bath at the moment.

#173 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

View PostRd2Glory, on 26 December 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

In terms of number of kids with great athletic ability, LCC is way behind Lima Senior, Shawnee, and Elida, and probably about even with Bath at the moment.

puh.......leaze ;)
the readers of the RC have a much higher intelligence quotient than that........
a few pages ago I agreed that the whole "banner thing" was overblown and it probably was done to disrespect LCC......

but some of the other stuff being thrown about is a very nice attempt at a smokescreen........however LCC gets this highly inordinate amount
of great athletes to cross over Cable Rd. is remarkable.........they do nothing different than what Toledo St. Johns, St. Ed, Moeller, Elder, Alter,
etc. do..........you cannot stop this from happening. This is a fact of sports here in Ohio.......the OHSAA right now is quaking in their boots
with the vote for competitive balance coming up yet again.........IF it passes you will see high school sports as everyone knows them will go
into the dumpster.........the OHSAA NEEDS the private schools.........I repeat, they NEED the privates.........the privates don't need the OHSAA
one bit.......and the OHSAA knows this........if the privates secede and have their own tournament, it will succeed famously......the OHSAA will do
everything in their power to make sure this doesn't happen, even stuffing the ballot box if necessary :rolleyes:

I could even envision some "non-privates" leaving to join the new association.........once the exodus starts the OHSAA's days will be numbered.
Their cash cow and golden goose will both become endangered species.......mark my words on this one and remember who told you........RM
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#174 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Member No.: 4104

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostRd2Glory, on 26 December 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

No, I'm not suprised, this has been going on since 2005. I don't expect it to stop next year, but am hopeful it will die down after that. These threads go way beyond Coop or Seg, so I find that to be a moot point.

Perhaps now, and in a lot of cases rightfully so, because LCC does have their share of pompous people(as all do), but it's pretty widespread over there.

I highly doubt it will die off. It's not just NWC people either when Coop is pulling stunts like giving St. Henry the finger for public image or throwing a temper tantrum on the radio interviews.

#175 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

View Postjeffcat-bucki, on 26 December 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

Perhaps now, and in a lot of cases rightfully so, because LCC does have their share of pompous people(as all do), but it's pretty widespread over there. I highly doubt it will die off. It's not just NWC people either when Coop is pulling stunts like giving St. Henry the finger for public image or throwing a temper tantrum on the radio interviews.
Why do we continue to hammer this subject? All the negative people from the NWC got your wish, LCC is out. Why keep beating the dead horse. Look at LCC state championships in different sports, they are not dominating. Give them a break, and move on. Geez, next we will go back to forbidding private schools from getting students from out of their local city. Parents who send their kids to private schools is their choice. So you do not like Cooper. Big deal... Drop this subject, Rocket. Thank you.

#176 JohnMcClane

All District

• Members
  • 423 posts

Member No.: 8043

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

View Postvon, on 27 December 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

Why do we continue to hammer this subject? All the negative people from the NWC got your wish, LCC is out. Why keep beating the dead horse. Look at LCC state championships in different sports, they are not dominating. Give them a break, and move on. Geez, next we will go back to forbidding private schools from getting students from out of their local city. Parents who send their kids to private schools is their choice. So you do not like Cooper. Big deal... Drop this subject, Rocket. Thank you.

Look what the name of this topic is. Who started it? That's right, LCC people bashing other NWC schools. Why don't you ask them to stop beating the dead horse. Everyone new what this was going to turn into..

#177 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Member No.: 1916

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

This thread has gotten way off topic. IF you want to continue it,,,,take it to the Football thread where it pretty much belongs with all the football/Cooper talk!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users