Cleveland Browns 2010

19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:59 PM

With the start of the 2010 season a day away, its time to get started on this years edition of the Cleveland Browns and our quest for.........mediocracy? I will start by saying as a diehard Browns fan, I can only hope that maybe this season will bring us something unexpected, say a winning season or at least a competitive season ala my Cincinnati Reds? You never know and right now we are tied for first.

For starters, I think the team will be much improved and hopefully can build on the success of a five game winning streak to end last season. We are obviously better at QB or at least steadier. Good luck Arizona Cardinals who likely become the Browns of the West. I think Delhomme has something left in the tank and something to prove. At RB, you hope Harrison can continue the way he finished last year and I love the way Peyton Hillis plays. I had to question the trading up in the draft to take Montario Hardesty, given he was injury prone in college and it didn't take long to show he is injury prone in the pros as well.

The team looked decent in the preseason and overall I think 8-8 is attainable maybe well I don't know maybe.

We still have the best return man in the game and a pretty good kicker and the D should be a little better. Two big games we need to win right off against Tampa Bay and KC. The AFC Central is possilby going to be the leagues best division with the Ravens the cream of the crop. I have to admit that having initially being a Mangini basher, I like what he has done with the team and believe he and Holmgren are moving in the right direction. That may not translate into a lot of wins this year but we can only hope it comes sooner than later.

Come on Browns fans this get this started!

#2 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:54 AM

The thing that concerns me is that in presason teams passed at will against our first team D. Loose coverage in the secondary and no pass rush. But I am hopeful as I have been every year of my life. They have not won a championship since I was in diapers.... I hope they win another before I am in diapers again.

#3 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

I see them winning 6 games....I think Delhomme is a great improvement at QB, maybe the running game will be alright, but, never count out the staff they have...
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#4 OSU4LIFE

All District

• Members
  • 134 posts

Member No.: 6520

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (lepiota @ Sep 9 2010, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing that concerns me is that in presason teams passed at will against our first team D. Loose coverage in the secondary and no pass rush. But I am hopeful as I have been every year of my life. They have not won a championship since I was in diapers.... I hope they win another before I am in diapers again.

I agree that the preseason teams that the browns played moved the chains through the air pretty easily. This will definitely make it hard to beat the teams in the AFC North. Go Bengals!!!

#5 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:57 AM

The quarterbacking is so bad, it makes me long for the likes of Testeverde and Garcia. (Sigh)

#6 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Gumshoe @ Sep 21 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This just in........its Tuesday, no one has been fired and the Browns still suck! Good news being we do face Carolina and Jacksonville late in the season to possibly screw up an 0-16 and an Andrew Luck draft pick.

They won't fire him until the next 5 tough games are over. They wouldn't want to hang a new coach with those automatic losses

#7 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Gumshoe @ Sep 26 2010, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Week Three - 0-3 - UGGGGGHHHHHH!

I can't believe they punted with three minutes left. I know they were in their own side of the field, but they are not a good enogh team to be able to do that. They need to get new coaches now.

#8 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (lepiota @ Sep 9 2010, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O-M-G!! You're a Browns fan, too!!! I did not know that! (not sure why I'm surprised though?!?! shrug2.gif ) rolleyes.gif

Like i've thought/said many times before... You two should hook-up!! lol

tongue.gif

"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#9 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:15 AM

Lol..my ears were burning. Anyway, the reason I want them to fire Mangini soon is that an interm coach could be forced to play Colt McCoy without thinking about their career victories like Mangini is doing. If the Browns han ANY semi elite QB now. (I'm not talking about Tom Brady or Frankenstine Manning, I mean just someone like Donavan McNabb or Baby Manning), they would at least be 2-1 if not 3 -0. All they are missing is a QB and a speed receiver

#10 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Member No.: 1916

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

Anyday the Browns take a win over the Bangles is a good day for me!!! YEA BROWNS!!!

#11 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:16 AM

I see that Derek Anderson is about to be replaced in Arizona by an un-drafted rookie. When they signed that slug, did they not watch any game film of him when he was choking it up in Cleveland?

Speaking of slugs, how did the Brownies get Peyton Hillis AND a draft pick for the now third string Brady Quinn? Makes you think anyone could be a GM, doesn't it?

#12 OSU4LIFE

All District

• Members
  • 134 posts

Member No.: 6520

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (lepiota @ Oct 4 2010, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see that Derek Anderson is about to be replaced in Arizona by an un-drafted rookie. When they signed that slug, did they not watch any game film of him when he was choking it up in Cleveland?

Speaking of slugs, how did the Brownies get Peyton Hillis AND a draft pick for the now third string Brady Quinn? Makes you think anyone could be a GM, doesn't it?

I completely agree with you. From watching Anderson and Quinn play against the Browns, I couldn't believe that Arizona and Denver did what they did you get these guys. It does make you wonder......

#13 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (OSU4LIFE @ Oct 10 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I completely agree with you. From watching Anderson and Quinn play against the Browns, I couldn't believe that Arizona and Denver did what they did you get these guys. It does make you wonder......

The Browns still have failed to pick up a QB. Couch, Testeverde, Garcia, Anderson, Quinn, Danielson, Pagle, Delhomme, Wallace, Dilfer, Holcomb, Frye, Tomzack, Spurgon (Freekin) Wynn, Jeff (not Otto) Graham, Josh Booty, Luke McCown, Nate Hybl, Todd Philcox, Yada, Yada, Yada. I spare you the other failures.... you wouldn't recognize the names.

#14 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

ESPN reporting Delhomme out this week, Wallace out this week.....drum roll please....Colt McCoy named starter this Sunday

#15 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Member No.: 3689

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (ADog @ Oct 11 2010, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ESPN reporting Delhomme out this week, Wallace out this week.....drum roll please....Colt McCoy named starter this Sunday

And another career has ended before it got started merely by being a member of the Cleveland Browns smile.gif

#16 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Duh Huh Dull Sucks @ Oct 11 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And another career has ended before it got started merely by being a member of the Cleveland Browns smile.gif

The Ironic thing is that arguably the greatest QB we have ever had (Bernie), was traded by who will ultimately be seen as the greatest coach of all time. Sadly, predictably, we couldn't hang on to either one of them

#17 fortfan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Member No.: 3645

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:24 PM

One happy Browns fan. (His grandpa is so proud!!)

#18 neutronman

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Member No.: 5002

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

the browns looked good today. can you believe we got hillis and mccoy (the draft pick to get him) from denver for quinn

#19 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

Good Bye Mangini....
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#20 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Gumshoe @ Jan 3 2011, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I am once again excited about the prospect of a new coach....I called for Gruden prior to Mangini as everyone knew but Cleveland that he would be available two years ago, however, I must say I feel a bit sad for Mangini. He seems like a pretty good guy, had an impossible job, was doomed by injuries and his allegence to his OC but in all fairness, he left the team better than the one he inherited. While Holmgren gets credit for the new GM and a successful draft, Mangini had already changed the work ethic, discipline and hard play before hand. Good Luck Coach Mangini! Now will you go out and get Jon Gruden please! It will be Gruden, Fox or Morningwhig.

We also have the 6th pick in the draft. The new coach will have to decide if Colt is the man or if we go after another QB ie Locker or another. I think Gruden loves McCoy and we need to use the pick on any number of other positions.

When does spring training start? Go Reds!

The Reds AND the Browns? You are the man, Detective.

As I said in the other thread (like what I say is important enough for me to refer to another thread. Pathetic.), I think they need to get McCoy into a West Coast Scheme to maximize his talents, so I want Gruden. As for the Reds, they should probably sign ex-Brown Derrick Anderson as a closer. Lord knows he has the arm, and I'm sure he won't be busy next year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users