#21 Erin4

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Member No.: 8479

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (XC/Trackfan @ Jul 18 2011, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is it true the diltz boys aernt doing cross country this year

I don't know, is it? That wouldn't really surprise me.

#22 XC/Trackfan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Member No.: 8964

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

i heard there really good at swimming, so maybe there focusing more on tht

#23 TEDE

All District

• Members
  • 414 posts

Member No.: 5026

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

The two didn't run track this year, they played tennis instead.

Edited by TEDE, 20 July 2011 - 06:07 PM.

#24 XC/Trackfan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

thts really going to hurt shawnee bad..i think its gonna be between Defiance and Van Wert battling it out for the WBL and Columbus Grove will win the NWC

#25 Kodeman

All League

• Members
  • 21 posts

Member No.: 6097

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Erin4 @ Jun 27 2011, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agreed! So what meets is everyone excited for? Allen County is always fun to see who's strong enough to push through the hills.. and the Tiffin Carnival always shows great times for that point in the season!

Ok erin4, It is official now. Kelli Ley is playing coed soccer and will not be running XC this year. Spencerville will still contend for the nwc but any hopes of making it to state in the always tough troy regional are all but gone. Good luck to this young lady! We enjoyed watching you run!

Edited by Kodeman, 02 August 2011 - 09:05 AM.

#26 Erin4

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Kodeman @ Aug 1 2011, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok erin4, It is official now. Kelli Ley is playing coed soccer and will not be running XC this year. Spencerville will still contend for the nwc but any hopes of making it to state in the always tough troy regional are all but gone. Good luck to this young lady! We enjoyed watching you run!

I'm shocked! Ley's been a constant factor in both nwc cc and track since her freshman year.
Spencerville will have to make a big push to come back from this one. I don't know if they can hold on to their, what is it now? 4 year streak? Do they have any talented freshman who will fill the gap? Because it looks like it will be a much closer battle between Spencerville and Bluffton now, with their top 2 2010 runners gone.

#27 Kodeman

All League

• Members
  • 21 posts

Member No.: 6097

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

Im hearing they have several young runners that are pretty decent athletes. I think they will have a collection of 3-7 runners. They will lack a true 1 or 2 runner. It still may be enough to win the NWC but Chappel-Dick will be the individual champion convincingly. Will have to wait and see what Bluffton has overall. The Delphos invitational will give us a preview of those two teams. As for Ley, I think she needed a mental break after what that young lady went through last track season. I wouldn't be suprised if she skips her senior season of track as well if the head coach is still around.

Edited by Kodeman, 07 August 2011 - 05:57 AM.

#28 JimBucks

All District

• Members
  • 460 posts

Member No.: 1705

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

What I saw today at the Square Fair 5K looks promising for the Bearcats.

#29 Erin4

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

The Spencerville All-Comers Meet was the first time that Bluffton and Spencerville squared off last year, and I don't remember the places but I assume Spencerville came in first. This is one week from Thursday, and hopefully the two teams and their best runners will be there.
Last year I heard the course was a very slight bit long, does anyone know if they've attended to that or if it's the same course?

#30 Coach_B

All District

• Members
  • 470 posts

Member No.: 968

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:46 PM

Big changes to the way schools will qualify for regionals in the NW District. No more Division III district at Ottawa.
There will be three district races for boys and girls at Spencerville and three boys and two girls district races at Bettsville. Division III district sites at Ottawa and Galion have been eliminated.
Ottawa will still host five district races in Division II.
http://www.nwdab.org...oss_country.htm

#31 Erin4

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:39 AM

Spencerville girls put on quite a showing at the Blue Jay Invitational Saturday. Looks like they will once again take the NW Conference team crown. They beat even Liberty-Benton, who is moving to DII in track this year. No one of their runners is likely to lead the race, but their pack towards 10-20th place is unbeatable!
Did anyone see any good performances this first race weekend, whether girls or boys?

#32 ccfan

• Members
  • 11 posts

Member No.: 5735

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

View PostErin4, on 27 August 2011 - 11:39 AM, said:

Spencerville girls put on quite a showing at the Blue Jay Invitational Saturday. Looks like they will once again take the NW Conference team crown. They beat even Liberty-Benton, who is moving to DII in track this year. No one of their runners is likely to lead the race, but their pack towards 10-20th place is unbeatable!
Did anyone see any good performances this first race weekend, whether girls or boys?
Congrats to Spencerville girls! L.B. girls had two runners step up ( 1 a Frosh) two of the top 5 runners from last years team are not even close to being in shape yet due to track injuries! Trust this statement.... They will be a very strong team when Spencerville Districts arrive, should be very interresting. Good Luck to all teams this year! stay healthy!

#33 Erin4

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:22 PM

Yes true, never underestimate L.B. although i don't think anyone does! i know that Briggs went down in the 800 at regionals, but who is their other injured runner? Audra Shroeder has worked hard this summer, that's evident. She seems like a very admirable athlete. Although none of them have anyone who will likely pull far ahead of the others, it works to their advantage because of their very strong group under 21. Seeing them against teams like Spencerville and, for that matter minster and coldwater (who have a freshman running 19:08 in her first race, a sister right behind in 19:45, and Christina Seas who ran in the 18:20s last season) later in the season will be fun to watch.
Three girls teams at the delphos Invitational who have really improved are Kalida, LCC and Pandora Gilboa.
On the boys side, the Holiday freshman from Van Wert seems to have a lot of potential.

#34 ccfan

• Members
  • 11 posts

Member No.: 5735

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

View PostErin4, on 30 August 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

Yes true, never underestimate L.B. although i don't think anyone does! i know that Briggs went down in the 800 at regionals, but who is their other injured runner? Audra Shroeder has worked hard this summer, that's evident. She seems like a very admirable athlete. Although none of them have anyone who will likely pull far ahead of the others, it works to their advantage because of their very strong group under 21. Seeing them against teams like Spencerville and, for that matter minster and coldwater (who have a freshman running 19:08 in her first race, a sister right behind in 19:45, and Christina Seas who ran in the 18:20s last season) later in the season will be fun to watch.
Three girls teams at the delphos Invitational who have really improved are Kalida, LCC and Pandora Gilboa.
On the boys side, the Holiday freshman from Van Wert seems to have a lot of potential.
Briggs should be healthy maybe she is just out of shape, you know how those Soph. are that had a little success their frosh. year! may be an ego thing with her? Megan Peplinski (hj/lj in track) had severe shin splints thru summer. Wagner should be able to whip them into shape but then again you gotta want it in xc it won't be handed to you. On the bright side it looks like they have ladies ready to step into those spots should anybody not want them bad enough. Audra Schroeder has taken the off season to heart and wants it ( do her teammates?). Kalida is a team on the rise, Hanna c.d. with hard work could place top 3 at State (she is a racer/stratigist(sp.) very hard worker.

#35 XC/Trackfan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

Columbus Grove and Crestview boys are really having a great season so far and niether team has a senior in its top 7 so next year it will be fun to watch

#36 Wilco98

All State

• Members
  • 867 posts

Member No.: 2616

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:07 PM

Big meet in Coldwater tomorrow. The annual Gene Weber Lions Invitational will be run. It'll be a good preview for the MAC race the following week.
Coldwater Cavaliers--20 State Titles and Counting!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users