OK....I just had to start it.......Will "BuzzKill" be back at LCC?

267 replies to this topic

#21 StudentOfTheGame

All District

• Members
  • 326 posts

Member No.: 9232

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

View Postvon, on 11 January 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

Student, let us let this one die and get some new topics. Some of you guys got too much time on your side, play a game (facebook), volunteer at a thrift store, volunteer at your church or school, visit the sick or old folks. Help some one in need. No I am not nor ever will be perfect, but the older I get, the more tolerant I seem to get. I see too much hate or anger toward certain schools or persons.

You are seriously telling me this? Did you read who wrote what? I was simply agreeing w/ Clutch, why does this make me in your eyes a person that plays games on Facebook? Do you play games on Facebook? If you really want to know what I was doing...I was taking a break from running electricity lines in my house and checking score updates.

No problem letting this die, but I don't really feel I was the one keeping it alive. Sorry for elevating your BP.

#22 clutch

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Member No.: 2940

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

*crickets*
"You're a mess"

#23 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Member No.: 9368

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

I would love to see Cobbs and Simpson go to Senior High with Flowers and Stafford already there and get Quincy the Lima Senior job.

#24 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Member No.: 5046

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostNWbballfan, on 12 January 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

I would love to see Cobbs and Simpson go to Senior High with Flowers and Stafford already there and get Quincy the Lima Senior job.

Where was this guy a hs coach at and what kind of success did he have while in that position? I'm assuming he's at least an assistant right now at a quality program or has been a hs head coach before some where if you feel he is qualified to run a D1 program?

#25 Irish Viking 87

All District

• Members
  • 433 posts

Member No.: 9522

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

View Postdw629, on 12 January 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

Where was this guy a hs coach at and what kind of success did he have while in that position? I'm assuming he's at least an assistant right now at a quality program or has been a hs head coach before some where if you feel he is qualified to run a D1 program?
He's an AAU coach whose son goes to LCC instead of Senior because he isn't the head coach. Was an assistant at Senior at one time.

#26 colt 45

All League

• Members
  • 62 posts

Member No.: 4456

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

Here we go again

#27 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

View Postdw629, on 12 January 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

He also has coached the Lima Explosion the first year or so of the franchise and also was a HC at Rhodes St.- OSU Lima.

#28 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Member No.: 5046

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 12 January 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

He also has coached the Lima Explosion the first year or so of the franchise and also was a HC at Rhodes St.- OSU Lima.

Nice how long did he last in those positions?

#29 whatdoiknow

All District

• Members
  • 339 posts

Member No.: 4278

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Didnt he coach the jv program at lima senior for many years?

#30 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

View PostStudentOfTheGame, on 11 January 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

You are seriously telling me this? Did you read who wrote what? I was simply agreeing w/ Clutch, why does this make me in your eyes a person that plays games on Facebook? Do you play games on Facebook? If you really want to know what I was doing...I was taking a break from running electricity lines in my house and checking score updates.

No problem letting this die, but I don't really feel I was the one keeping it alive. Sorry for elevating your BP.

#31 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Student, I am not pointing you out, I have very low BP, lower than the people who keep bring up LCC. Yes, I do games on facebook: euchre, hearts and other midwest games. Sounds like you are talented electrician. I am retired, so older, mature (?) people like me, get tired of playing golf eery day in warm weather. Did not mean to get your dander. Have a great week. VON, Thanks flounder.......

#32 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:33 AM

Hes also won multiple AAU championships with the almost exact names I mentioned. Not to mention Wilson from Elida who is a LS kid. Quincy runs his own basketball camps and training programs with a lot of the basketball talent in and around the Lima area. One of these programs need to give this guy his shot. A lot of talent in that sophomore class. Nothing against Kill and Allen but we have seen these guys sky limit. A lot of potential for success and Quincy knows how to get the most out of these kids

#33 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

Coaching undisciplined AAU basketball is not like coaching a high school basketball team........period!!!!!

#34 mysteryman2014

All District

• Members
  • 283 posts

Member No.: 9542

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:49 AM

Look I am not a big fan of the way LCC is but it is what it is.
Quincy Simpson could and should be coaching Lima Senior.
Nothing against Allen but he is a horrible coach.
I have been to several Lima Senior games and his coaching and decision making is awful.
I am close with a couple of the players two who is Varsity Starters and they have no respect for Allen at all.
If they could go to another school right now they would.
I guarantee you that if Quincy Simpson was coaching Lima Senior right now they would be better than 3-6.
He is a great coach and a better teacher.
With all the talent Lima Senior has it doesnt matter one bit if you dont have a coach that can coach them.
Quincy has been a winner everywhere he has coached.
and most recently he coached King James AAU team who won nationals.
To take 8-10 players who are extremly talented individuals and key word is individuals and bring them together to play as a team is pretty good.
I also belive that King James 9th played many tourneys up in the 10th grade bracket.
And just to throw this out there why would you dismiss a coach whos JV team has had a winning record and done good.
Hmmmmmmm i wonder maybe because it was making the Varsity coach look bad???????????????????
They should have fired him along time ago. and i have heard this many times to coach because your sons played is ridiculous.
If you arent helping the program or the school step down.
I guess its Lima Senior fault to not to fire him.
Why would you not want to win???????????

#35 milt73

All District

• Members
  • 137 posts

Member No.: 7262

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

The Frank Kill clock to start this thread is laughable. He's been a coach and teacher at the school and will retire as such or step down when he so pleases.

People often forget the difference between AAU and high school sports. Generally, AAU is a group of kids of relatively equal ability placed on a team. I've known a lot of coaches that can flat out coach given very good talent, but can't find their gumption when given average talent or lesser talent. The biggest difference is in high school sports, you have to coach was is there. Sometime there isn't much talent, sometimes there is.

Does Quincy want the Lima SR job?

Quincy coaches a few kids from the area. If he's a HS coach, under the OHSAA rules, he's a lot more limited to who he can coach. Mainly his own HS kids, you can't coach. He's an accomplished camp coordinator, AAU coach. Sometimes people just like to coach AAU sports rather than HS sports. Maybe people on here know something I don't, but does he even want the Lima SR job?

#36 pokercat

All District

• Members
  • 148 posts

Member No.: 6137

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Milt- Couldn't one argue that LCC is an AAU team,therefore Kill's unbelievable win percentage in his 5 or so years..

#37 mysteryman2014

All District

• Members
  • 283 posts

Member No.: 9542

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

View Postmilt73, on 13 January 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

The Frank Kill clock to start this thread is laughable. He's been a coach and teacher at the school and will retire as such or step down when he so pleases.

People often forget the difference between AAU and high school sports. Generally, AAU is a group of kids of relatively equal ability placed on a team. I've known a lot of coaches that can flat out coach given very good talent, but can't find their gumption when given average talent or lesser talent. The biggest difference is in high school sports, you have to coach was is there. Sometime there isn't much talent, sometimes there is.

Does Quincy want the Lima SR job?

Quincy coaches a few kids from the area. If he's a HS coach, under the OHSAA rules, he's a lot more limited to who he can coach. Mainly his own HS kids, you can't coach. He's an accomplished camp coordinator, AAU coach. Sometimes people just like to coach AAU sports rather than HS sports. Maybe people on here know something I don't, but does he even want the Lima SR job?

I have know idea if Quincy wold take the job.
I simply stating that if he coached Lima Senior they would be way better then 3-6.
Your right AAU is pretty much close or equal talent but when you have 8 kids at star level its a task to get them to play as a team.
I believe Quincy coached Lima Senior JV and done extremley well
Also coached out at the OSU branch did very well with limited talent.
Just my opinion but I think Quincy would succeed wherever he coached
AAU,HS,small college,mid level collwge.
Some people just have it and he has a way to get the kids to play.
I dont know if he tak LS job question should be would they offer to him?
And why didnt they give it to him before?
I would be willing to bet if he took over the LS program
within 2 years that would make Rico,Ruben,Jayln,Boi Boi Seniors he would have them deep into the tourney.
Paying team ball.
And Lima Senior would see the kids want to go there and play not go somewhere else like they have been.
Xavier,Tre,Dantez,Marqavious, and a few others.
Could you imagine if Quincy was the coach and he had them players i just named to go along with the players they have now WOW
watch out!!!!

#38 NWbballfan

All District

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

Quincy's just the type of guy and coach that kids WANT to play for and he knows how to get the best out of them. AAU yes you have good talent but your also competing against the best talent. It equals out. Lima senior has got the community and school excited about the football program it's time to make this move if it is possible. Not only the talent they have at LS, but Quincy would also bring his son Xavier who is arguably one of the best players in the state in the sophomore class. And more than likely a tre cobbs and or Dantez Walton from LCC. Lima senior could have their own "fab 5" lol. But if you have a succeeding football AND basketball program you keep kids in the system and stop the pipeline to LCC/elida/Shawnee. Only helps lima city schools by keeping kids and talent they have in that system.

#39 milt73

All District

• Members
  • 137 posts

Member No.: 7262

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostNWbballfan, on 13 January 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

Quincy's just the type of guy and coach that kids WANT to play for and he knows how to get the best out of them. AAU yes you have good talent but your also competing against the best talent. It equals out. Lima senior has got the community and school excited about the football program it's time to make this move if it is possible. Not only the talent they have at LS, but Quincy would also bring his son Xavier who is arguably one of the best players in the state in the sophomore class. And more than likely a tre cobbs and or Dantez Walton from LCC. Lima senior could have their own "fab 5" lol. But if you have a succeeding football AND basketball program you keep kids in the system and stop the pipeline to LCC/elida/Shawnee. Only helps lima city schools by keeping kids and talent they have in that system.

So now you guys are for recruiting kids to a school?

Quincy would be a good coach wherever he goes. No doubt about it. My post was kind of a reminder that AAU and HS sports are completely different animals. I've been apart of both for many years in multiple sports. They are different, plain and simple.

Edited by milt73, 13 January 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#40 Rd2Glory

All District

• Members
  • 495 posts

Member No.: 3050

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

View PostRocketman, on 11 January 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

LOL :) .........Dawg, not sure the reason for my "fixation" as you'd like to call it.....the only reason I mention this is because when a manager, boss, coach, etc. are provided with all the ingredients for success and continually come up short one thing usually happens.......the person in charge is held accountable for the lack of profit, efficiency, or sales...........you sound like an intelligent poster and I know you understand what I'm trying to say....

View Postclutch, on 11 January 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Is this all you have? Please come clean with any or all information you have of coaches or faculty approaching, recruiting, or lobbying these players or their parents. You cant even tell me whos a voucher and whos not. That said, did you feel the same way about seggerson and his talented teams? Now feel free to tip toe your way around my questions while you use a internet username to call out highschool students and coaches by name for things you dont know to be true. Is this a sports forum or tmz?

View Postclutch, on 12 January 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

*crickets*

Rocketman doing his best Perez Hilton/TMZ impression as usual. A lot of "rumor has it..," "did I just hear..," and "you heard it here first, there's something more to it!" coming from him these days - with nothing to back anything up, of course. Tell us Perez, what is your take on the wives of all the local coaches? Who is hot and who is not!? Who wore it best on the sidelines last weekend?!.. such a joke...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users