Pryor to Announce School Today!

31 replies to this topic

#1 Round Mound of Rebound

All League

• Members
  • 45 posts

Member No.: 2116
  • Location:Tearing it up at another Pro-Am, or getting ya'll the best NBA coverage!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:14 AM

As much as I cannot stand the fact that this kid may have a twisted sense of reality, I sure do hope he ends up in the Scarlet and Gray. I truly wish this kid the best, and hope and pray he doesn't become the next Maurice Clarett. (hard to even say that name without feeling the nausea again)
Making a decision to go to scUM would not be a good long term decision, the feared Dick Rod offense isn't tailored to produce a NFL type QB. End of the day....Terrelle Pryor becomes a Buckeye, it'll be a long 3 years scUM fans! thumbup1.gif

#2 sears3820

All District

• Members
  • 134 posts

Member No.: 2642

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:31 AM

I heard Pryor was advised to delay his decision until after the Pennsylvania state basketball tournament was completed in order to avoid backlash from PSU fans.

The fans were already nasty enough to him, I couldn't imagine how vulgar they would have been had he committed to OSU on signing day.

#3 Guest_Victorian_*

• Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:43 AM

He'll announce Ohio St today.
I totally disagree with your sentiments that Rodriguez offense can not produce an NFL qb. Have fun dealing with Michigan. They're gonna be a handful.

Edited by Victorian, 19 March 2008 - 08:55 AM.

#4 WebFire

All District

• Members
  • 137 posts

Member No.: 3447

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(Round Mound of Rebound @ Mar 19 2008, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as I cannot stand the fact that this kid may have a twisted sense of reality, I sure do hope he ends up in the Scarlet and Gray. I truly wish this kid the best, and hope and pray he doesn't become the next Maurice Clarett. (hard to even say that name without feeling the nausea again)
Making a decision to go to scUM would not be a good long term decision, the feared Dick Rod offense isn't tailored to produce a NFL type QB. End of the day....Terrelle Pryor becomes a Buckeye, it'll be a long 3 years scUM fans! thumbup1.gif

Typical delusional Ohio State fan gibberish. rolleyes.gif
2010 BVC Pick 'Em Co-Champ

#5 Guest_Victorian_*

• Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:22 AM

Gibberish?
With Pryor & that offensive line, they'll be nasty.

Funny thing with OSU. JT has always been maligned for his offensive style but for the most part, they've done pretty well. Their problem right now is more on the defensive side. They don't have the speed to cover the spread.

#6 sears3820

All District

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE(Victorian @ Mar 19 2008, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They don't have the speed to cover the spread.

Speed isn't the issue. Ohio State has the athletes to run with anyone.

The Florida and LSU games were decided in the trenches. Ohio State's defensive line in particular, was not up to snuff in either game. The offensive line in the Florida game was absolutely manhandled.

Heacock's schemes in both games left a lot to be desired also.

Edited by sears3820, 19 March 2008 - 09:29 AM.

#7 Guest_Victorian_*

• Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:37 AM

I won't disagree with that. One glaring problem I see is #33 but I know he's a fan favorite and may even be a high draft choice.

#8 wildcatfan

All District

• Members
  • 148 posts

Member No.: 2526

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE(sears3820 @ Mar 19 2008, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speed isn't the issue. Ohio State has the athletes to run with anyone.

The Florida and LSU games were decided in the trenches. Ohio State's defensive line in particular, was not up to snuff in either game. The offensive line in the Florida game was absolutely manhandled.

Heacock's schemes in both games left a lot to be desired also.

A-men Brother I'm sure glad someone els see's
we need a change on defence wallbash.gif

#9 sears3820

All District

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(Victorian @ Mar 19 2008, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't disagree with that. One glaring problem I see is #33 but I know he's a fan favorite and may even be a high draft choice.

I don't know if James is a glaring problem. He's a solid linebacker, a little overrated, but solid nonetheless.

The glaring weakness I see is on the defensive line, specifically, the DTs.

#10 Guest_Victorian_*

• Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:14 AM

Who's on their two deep at DT this year?

#11 sears3820

All District

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE(Victorian @ Mar 19 2008, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who's on their two deep at DT this year?

Heacock likes to rotate his defensive lineman. Here's the 2-deep:

Starters: Todd Denlinger (converted MLB)
Doug Worthington (converted DE)

Backups: Dexter Larimore
Nader Abdallah

Larimore & Abdallah are true DTs. Abdallah was an Army All-American from Louisiana, but has yet to make a real impact on the field. Larimore is out of the Tim Anderson-mold, but is only a true sophmore.

#12 Round Mound of Rebound

All League

• Members
  • 45 posts

• Location:Tearing it up at another Pro-Am, or getting ya'll the best NBA coverage!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

Typical delusional Ohio State fan gibberish.

Gibberish it may be, but come November how will scUM defend Mr. Pryor? They will surely be wishing for a "3yds, and cloud of dust" offense for themselves, just to keep the game close.

#13 WebFire

All District

• Members
  • 137 posts

Member No.: 3447

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(Round Mound of Rebound @ Mar 19 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gibberish it may be, but come November how will scUM defend Mr. Pryor? They will surely be wishing for a "3yds, and cloud of dust" offense for themselves, just to keep the game close.

My guess is he'll be redshirted, with Boeckman (sp?) at the helm. So it should be rather easy to defend Pryor this year.

The gibberish was more for this line: "Making a decision to go to scUM would not be a good long term decision, the feared Dick Rod offense isn't tailored to produce a NFL type QB."

We all know how well OSU QBs are doing in the NFL. boxing.gif

RRod and UM will be fine. This year may be tough. But UM will again rise to the good ole OSU whoopin' days.
2010 BVC Pick 'Em Co-Champ

#14 spiderman

All League

• Members
  • 64 posts

Member No.: 3261

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:09 PM

the buckeyes will be pretty good for years to come they have 3 really good lineman coming in and i think they should redshirt terelle because we already have henton and he is a good athlete

#15 Round Mound of Rebound

All League

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

Anyone know offhand how many QB's Rich Rod has sent to the NFL? It seems to me that just about every team in the NFL has a buckeye on it, not qb's but a tradition of sending great players to the NFLis long standing

Edited by Round Mound of Rebound, 19 March 2008 - 01:11 PM.

#16 sears3820

All District

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(Round Mound of Rebound @ Mar 19 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know offhand how many QB's Rich Rod has sent to the NFL? It seems to me that just about every team in the NFL has a buckeye on it, not qb's but a tradition of sending great players to the NFLis long standing

Shaun King had a cup of coffee in the league.

#17 Round Mound of Rebound

All League

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

whistling.gif sarcasm.gif
But UM will again rise to the good ole OSU whoopin' days.

Edited by Round Mound of Rebound, 19 March 2008 - 02:08 PM.

#18 JAB

All State

• Members
  • 947 posts

Member No.: 410

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:34 PM

Not going to lie that pic makes him look like used car sales man or a guy trying to sell me swamp land. wedgie.gif

Boeckman will start Pryor won't be red shirted and will be on the side lines watching and picking up slop time. No need to look like Notre Damned did last season and he should watch for a year before starting. afro.gif < kinda looks like Archie back in the day

#19 Guest_Victorian_*

• Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:59 PM

I've been told he'll redshirt and in my opinion it makes the most sense. TB can get them throught their schedule unscathed with the possible exception of USC & the NC game(should they get there)

Why waste a year or start a qb controversy?

#20 JAB

All State

• Members
  • 947 posts

Member No.: 410

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

I don't really see why their would be a QB controversy. He could learn the system play a little bit (maybe even how Tebow did as a freshmen) as a back up and be ready to start in 2009.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users