What do you want your legacy to be?

13 replies to this topic

#1 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

With the most recent social controversy with dr Phil, rev Phil, whoever the name is, it makes me even more conscious of how intolerable our society is, even though we are the most progressive generation(s) we've ever had.

Although many ppl "irritate" me, I still believe everyone should be able to voice their opinions and I'm glad the duck guy wasn't pulled because of speaking his mind, even though there's nothing I agree with with what he's said.

I grew up in what would be called a racist and homophobic household, but, have definitely adopted a new point of view( really never adopted the one that was attempted to be instilled in me to begin with) And, I've battled this with my in laws' viewpoints, as well, in raising my daughter.

Although I totally disagree with the duck guy, I'm still glad we are all able to freely speak what we like, no matter how ignorant we may be.

I would hope part of my legacy would be tolerance and acceptance.

What's yours?
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#2 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

View Postslice slice baby, on 28 December 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

With the most recent social controversy with dr Phil, rev Phil, whoever the name is, it makes me even more conscious of how intolerable our society is, even though we are the most progressive generation(s) we've ever had.

Although many ppl "irritate" me, I still believe everyone should be able to voice their opinions and I'm glad the duck guy wasn't pulled because of speaking his mind, even though there's nothing I agree with with what he's said.

I grew up in what would be called a racist and homophobic household, but, have definitely adopted a new point of view( really never adopted the one that was attempted to be instilled in me to begin with) And, I've battled this with my in laws' viewpoints, as well, in raising my daughter.

Although I totally disagree with the duck guy, I'm still glad we are all able to freely speak what we like, no matter how ignorant we may be.

I would hope part of my legacy would be tolerance and acceptance.

What's yours?

*pain pills must be setting in.......I'm getting philosophical..... Lol
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#3 Bobby

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Member No.: 71

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:43 PM

I want my legacy to be that I spent my life trying to make the place I live a better place to live. I think I included that in my obituary of which I have already written a rough draft.

#4 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

Your legacy should be that you made a positive impact in the lives of the people you touched, friends, family and co-workers. Today's catch-phrase is "tolerance". There are laws that make us accept certain things, which is fine, people should be able to live their lives however they want. But we also have to stand up for things we believe. Today, I'm afraid we are forced to accept the minority issues and the majority has to live it or lump it.

#5 Mo-Problems

All State

• Members
  • 733 posts

Member No.: 3654

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

slice, I think you may be misinterpreting what Phil said. I say this because you say you don't agree with him when in actuality, I think you would based on your comments.

Do you think the Bible says homosexuality is a sin?

Do you think that according to the Bible, we are all sinners and therefore should love and accept our fellow sinners?

The Bible is open to interpretation, but I think most people will say yes to the first question. Therefore, the controversial part comes to the second question. And Phil was preaching acceptance.
Posted Image
I'd rather shower at Penn State than root for Michigan.

#6 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

Legacy?......does anyone even know how hard
it is to be a Mennonite today?
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#7 Wilco98

All State

• Members
  • 867 posts

Member No.: 2616

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

My legacy? That I did my best to make this world a better place than it was when I entered it, that I loved my Lord, family, and friends to the best of my ability, and that I did so without compromising my beliefs.
Coldwater Cavaliers--20 State Titles and Counting!!!!

#8 Week 10 All-American

All State

• Members
  • 692 posts

Member No.: 1315

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

I want my legacy to be that I was a good husband and father.

I have a LONG, LONG way to go!!!

#9 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

My "legacy" was on full display last night at Stinkys..... :hifive2:
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#10 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

View PostRocketman, on 01 January 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

My "legacy" was on full display last night at Stinkys..... :hifive2:

Dancing on the ceiling!!!!!!

#11 LimaJock

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,830 posts

Member No.: 1673

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

View PostWeek 10 All-American, on 01 January 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

I want my legacy to be that I was a good husband and father.

I have a LONG, LONG way to go!!!

I think movement toward wine coolers would help increase your life expectancy. They do include fruit flavoring and we all know fruit is good for the body. :welcome: LJ
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong"

#12 fortfan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Member No.: 3645

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

I hope I'm remembered as a "good guy". You know Fortfan-he was a good guy! (Some of my actions havent exactly screamed "good guy"-but hopefully those have been forgiven)

I'd like to be known for never listening to "Knocking on Heaven's Door-by Guns n Roses" because it is the worst cover of all time.

I think I probably already am known for my loyalty to sports teams. Been a Tigers fan through the bad 90's-but they've been more bad than good. I told Slice last week I was done with the Browns and she correctly replied "No you aren't-it's in your blood". She's probably right-I'll be back to rooting for them next year.......pulling out whatever hair I have left.

I hope my legacy will live though my kids. I have great kids and whenever somebosy says "Who are their parents? It will because they did something good.

Finally, I've coached a lot of kids in baseball and if I have been a good role model to anyone of them, I'll be proud. (I've already been told that by parents and coaches so I feel like I've done ok)

#13 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

From one of my favorite movies Dazed and Confused, 2 great quotes:

“If it ain’t that piece of paper, there’s some other choice they’re gonna try and make for you. You gotta do what Randall Pink Floyd wants to do man. Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they’re gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin’ man, L-I-V-I-N.”-- Wooderson

“Well, all I’m saying is that I want to look back and say that I did I the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place. Played as hard as I could while I was stuck in this place…"

#14 the_beezer

All State

• Members
  • 696 posts

Member No.: 3358

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

My private but leaked Kate Upton and myself home video is my legacy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users