76 replies to this topic

#61 Outspoken

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Member No.: 243

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

Miller City now in the driver's seat with the win at Continental

Pirates with 2 really tough league losses. I'd say they're out as far as PCL goes. Time to prepare for Tournment

#62 Outspoken

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:26 PM

Really thought Continental would win the County

#63 erniefurgler

All District

• Members
  • 195 posts

Member No.: 3470

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:35 PM

MC in good position now, although I'm told they have a starter out right now due to an appendectomy? Sounds like he should be back in time for their next league game (FJ). Apparently didn't phase them too much against O'ville. Looking at schedules, they get FJ at home and at Kalida & CG...no gimmes in the league this year, especially on the road. If my math is correct, everyone has at least two league losses except MC, 4-0, and PG, 3-1..who MC beat

#64 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:14 PM

Whoa! How things have changed in the month of Feb. The PCL is now Pandora Gilboa's (5-1) to lose.....but the rockets have a tough one this Thurs. at Continental(4-2) against a Pirates team that looks to be playing some of their best ball this season. If Cont. can knock off PG we will have a 3-way tie as Miller City has completed their season 5-2.

#65 erniefurgler

All District

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:25 PM

^^ No kidding...MC really let this one slip away. MC faithful will be Pirate fans Thurs nite. PG now guaranteed at least a share of the PCL for the first time since they fired Braidic the last time :) How young is PG this year? Will they be the favorites again next season?

#66 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:06 PM

If Pandora-Gilboa can pull off beating Continental Thurs. night and share the PCL title, it will be the rockets 4th PCL championship since 1945.

#67 veteranlefty

All District

• Members
  • 214 posts

Member No.: 9179

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

PG was starting 5 juniors earlier in year. Johnson just scored his 1000th point and he is a junior.

#68 NW Ohio Guy

All District

• Members
  • 170 posts

Member No.: 5033

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:53 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 20 February 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

If Pandora-Gilboa can pull off beating Continental Thurs. night and share the PCL title, it will be the rockets 4th PCL championship since 1945.

The "rockets" only have won those of Braidics last seasons. P-G didn't exist in the 40s. pandora,blanchard,and crawfis college together have a handful of Putnam county titles not displayed by the PG school. The school really needs to get all of it's athletic and history stuff together and display it. The only thing being shown in the school before 1951 for athletics are plaques on the gym for a few track state champions for Pandora High and I'm sure there are more than what's up there. There's also a trophycase full of phs/bhs/cc in the hallway but it would be nice if they displayed unofficial and official Putnam county titles and tournament results of the schools prior to consolidation.

Glad to see the rockets bouncing back!

#69 NW Ohio Guy

All District

• Members
  • 170 posts

Member No.: 5033

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

Rockets starts 4 juniors and a sophomore. A pretty talented junior and sophomore sat out this year due to an injuries that occured during football as well who would definitely be contributers. I would expect them being the favorite again, and possibly getting the BVC title unless some transfers to Liberty Benton spice things up 😂

#70 erniefurgler

All District

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:59 AM

If Pandora-Gilboa can pull off beating Continental Thurs. night and share the PCL title, it will be the rockets 4th PCL championship since 1945

Aren't they guaranteed a share already? The only have one loss while MC & Continental have 2??

#71 Outspoken

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:08 PM

Pandora won the league tonight defeating Continental.

I am really shocked by this.....I really thought Continental would win it, or Miller City.

No offense to PG, and by all means.....congrats on the title for sure!!

#72 basketballstud

All District

• Members
  • 368 posts

Member No.: 9379

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

Congrats to PG! I'm bringing it up sorry. PG had a terrible 2 years i mean terrible. Heck we beat them last year. But PG got smart and got a new coach and whamee an PCL title. Wow. No patience just chuck the coach and team who no one gave 2 $hits about wins PCL title. Huh Kinda crazy but that's what I've been saying. Oh wait can't be negative Make Ottoville Great! Trump! I mean Todd!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flounder likes todd and exclamation points😘😘😂😂

#73 JohnMcClane

All District

• Members
  • 423 posts

Member No.: 8043

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:15 AM

Congratulations Pandora on your PCL championship.

BasketbalTool do you really think Pandora suddenly became good because they got a new coach? No, this has been building for 2 years. You aren't going to win many games playing only sophomores and freshman. Now those kids are juniors and ready to be successful.

Look at Ottoville success will be coming because the talent is 2 years away. But you will bitch and moan for 2 more years. Will the coach be the reason they become good or will it be the coach has something to work with?

Edited by JohnMcClane, 24 February 2017 - 07:31 AM.

#74 Spartan87

All State

• Members
  • 768 posts

Member No.: 571

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

Went to Continental last night to watch the PCL championship. Pandora Gilboa is building something nice. With the youth they have the will contend for both league titles next year. The Breece kid, makes some mistakes but has a short memory. Johnson has a very nice post game and rebounds well.. Was a great game and atmosphere before tourney starts..
I am a Spartan, as was my father before me.

Lima Warriors
2007 USFA Champions
2007 MLFN 1AA National Champions
2010 HFL Champions
2010 AFNT AA National Champions
2010 Inductee Lima Warriors Hall of Fame

#75 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

stud muffin......

Braidic has been around for quite some time and I have always been impressed by this guy....he knows basketball and I am glad to see PG win the PCL!!!!!!!!!!!!

#76 basketballstud

All District

• Members
  • 368 posts

Member No.: 9379

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:58 PM

View Postflounder, on 24 February 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

stud muffin......

Braidic has been around for quite some time and I have always been impressed by this guy....he knows basketball and I am glad to see PG win the PCL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very aware of Braidic but he wasn't the coach last 2 years so hence that was my point pay attention floudie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#77 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:40 AM

Braidic named Coach, Johnson named PCL player of year

http://www.michaelhi...er-of-the-year/
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users