Yesterday's T.O.??

7 replies to this topic

#1 diehardwarrior

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Member No.: 39

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:40 PM

first no one please get upset at me if i offend you.

ok something i have been thinking about recently....muhamman ali is one of the greatest fighters in all time, he is know for talking to the media before and after every fight. He would insult the opposer and state how great he is and the greatest of all time. Some of his antics in the ring consisted of basically mocking the other fighter by standing up between rounds showing he isnt tired yet and once he knocked the other fighter down he would yell at him to get back up....once he fought someone who refused to call him muhammad ali before the fight and insisted on cassius clay....during the fight he would give a nice combo and then yell "whats my name" he did this throughout the fight and was considered one of ali's cruelest fights for dragging it out and not just knocking him out when he could have, he just toyed with him. im not saying ali is TO but they seem to have just as big of mouths TO might have a few screws loose up in his head though.....TO is hated by most and ALI is revered to be the greatest by most.....when i see ali talking to the cameras like that i just think of TO.....i believe ali is a great fighter and dont mean to demean anything he has done or is with fighting......wonder if anyone else thinks that they are somewhat alike or is it just me with an askew view on things? please no one get upset with me......
QUOTE(dawger @ Jan 31 2006, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting there at 4:30 surely allows you to have the name of diehardwarrior......

#2 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:49 AM

well I think the biggest problem is T.O has a team....he puts them down and brings them down...boxing is a single man sport....In boxing it is all about you in away but in team sports its not....
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#3 diehardwarrior

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Member No.: 39

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:44 AM

would you suggest that when next year TO is jobless he should go to boxing and do HIS OWN thing?
QUOTE(dawger @ Jan 31 2006, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting there at 4:30 surely allows you to have the name of diehardwarrior......

#4 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:46 AM

no because if the Cowboys dont keep him I think someone will take him....
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#5 labatts69

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Member No.: 695

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:57 AM

I was just thinking the same thing when I say an ESPN commercial the other day about Muhammad. I think if TO was as dominant in his sport as Ali was there would not be as much hoopla as there is. Ali was the best in his sport back then and TO is not. Do they resemble the way they run their mouth, certainly. One thing is for sure, they are both entertainers and like them or not we wait to see what they will do next.
2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 - Champion
Fantasy Baseball -RCBL

#6 #1 boise fan

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Member No.: 1687

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:07 PM

I dont under stand... first u guys are talking about boxing(witch i never watch) and then u talk about the cowboys... right now im under standing that T.O plays boxing?

#7 labatts69

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Member No.: 695

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE(#1 boise fan @ Jan 5 2007, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont under stand... first u guys are talking about boxing(witch i never watch) and then u talk about the cowboys... right now im under standing that T.O plays boxing?

They are talking about comparing Muhammad Ali (boxing) to Terrel Owens (football) on personality and attitude. Does that clear it up for you? They then threw in some hypotheticals and I threw my 2 cents in on why Ali was not jabbed at as much as T.O. There is the cliff note version. cool.gif
2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 - Champion
Fantasy Baseball -RCBL

#8 tigerball13

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 6,537 posts

Member No.: 764

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:12 PM

First off, Joe Louis is the greatest, not Ali. Diehard, I remember watching Ali Raps, or whatever that movie was called and saw the part about him letting a fight go for 15 rounds when he could've ended it in 3. That was the only time he was really cruel though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users