731 replies to this topic

#61 Easton

All State

• Members
  • 832 posts

Member No.: 4634

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Gaylord Focker @ Mar 13 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who ever played for OG and had a greater career than Aaron Craft. If somebody can come up with that answer then we'd all know who Easton is. Who were the greatest slam dunkers in OG'S history? Maybe we could narrow the search down. rolleyes.gif

What makes you think I went to OG?
cool.gif

#62 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (Gaylord Focker @ Mar 13 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who ever played for OG and had a greater career than Aaron Craft. If somebody can come up with that answer then we'd all know who Easton is. Who were the greatest slam dunkers in OG'S history? Maybe we could narrow the search down. rolleyes.gif

Eric and Tim Pollitz.....2 regional finals, got knocked out by Lebron and ASVSM and then won a state title as seniors, both went on to play at Miami ans both were starters. Tim was 1st team all MAC.

I would argue Todd Shumaker was every bit as good as Craft at the HS level and he played against better competition.

#63 a flock of tbirds

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Member No.: 5665

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (LimaJock @ Mar 13 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why people cont to critisize a D-1 athlete like aaron i don't get. Im pretty sure from what Matta has done his whole coaching career proves he knows what he is talkin about. I see aaron having no trouble playing in the B-10. Did he not play with one of the best AAU teams and excel while playing with them? Wouldn't everybody he plays against during AAU be a lot of the same people he plays in college? Didn't he get offered by more than one major D-1 college? .......(hint all the answers to these questions are yes) ..... i have no doubt that aaron is a great fit for the buckeyes and will excel. Why don't we all just enjoy what he has done in high school and wish him a successful future as a buckeye.
GO BUCKS!

I allowed a knowledgable person who has played against and watched Aaron many times to post because he was so fired up about the comments made on here against aaron.

LJ

Not to be too critical of Coach Matta but he did recruit PJ Hill,Simmons and Walter Offut(after major knee surgery)and combined they equal...Evan Turner at the point!!! I*m a UCLA fan and they SUCK so what do I know!!LOL

#64 a flock of tbirds

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (LimaJock @ Mar 13 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why people cont to critisize a D-1 athlete like aaron i don't get. Im pretty sure from what Matta has done his whole coaching career proves he knows what he is talkin about. I see aaron having no trouble playing in the B-10. Did he not play with one of the best AAU teams and excel while playing with them? Wouldn't everybody he plays against during AAU be a lot of the same people he plays in college? Didn't he get offered by more than one major D-1 college? .......(hint all the answers to these questions are yes) ..... i have no doubt that aaron is a great fit for the buckeyes and will excel. Why don't we all just enjoy what he has done in high school and wish him a successful future as a buckeye.
GO BUCKS!

I allowed a knowledgable person who has played against and watched Aaron many times to post because he was so fired up about the comments made on here against aaron.

LJ

Let me get this right.A person who played against Aaron a lot(must be 22 or younger) is KNOWLEDGEABLE?Ha what 22 yr. old is knowledgeable?You haven*t seen enough to even qualify!

#65 a flock of tbirds

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ Mar 14 2010, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eric and Tim Pollitz.....2 regional finals, got knocked out by Lebron and ASVSM and then won a state title as seniors, both went on to play at Miami ans both were starters. Tim was 1st team all MAC.

I would argue Todd Shumaker was every bit as good as Craft at the HS level and he played against better competition.

Is that the Shoemaker that transferred from OG to DSJ back in the day?

#66 a flock of tbirds

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (oberhaus @ Mar 13 2010, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LJ, its jealousy. And it reeks in these forums. Remember how bad Jon Jon got ripped about him not excelling at OSU. He just set the OSU career 3 point mark. And he still has another year left.

Jealousy?I*m old and never gonna play again but does that mean I have to agree with other posts?No, I was stating an opinion just like all the people who say Craft will excel.None of us have an IDEA what the future holds good or bad for young Mr. Craft!I wish him well.

#67 Easton

All State

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (a flock of tbirds @ Mar 14 2010, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that the Shoemaker that transferred from OG to DSJ back in the day?

No, it's not.
Don't forget, Matta brought in Anthony Crater too.

#68 a flock of tbirds

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Easton @ Mar 14 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, it's not.
Don't forget, Matta brought in Anthony Crater too.

Better quit talking about Thad or we might get excommunicated!!!

#69 Easton

All State

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (a flock of tbirds @ Mar 14 2010, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Better quit talking about Thad or we might get excommunicated!!!

I love Thad though. great guy, pretty good coach, great recruiter who seems to be adjusting his strategy. Not going after the one and done's, rather looking to players who will be there for at least 3 years.

#70 remedy

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Member No.: 5941

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (Easton @ Mar 14 2010, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LMFAO
Y'all need to get out more

Easton
Talk about the pot callin the kettle black. I have been on rc just a couple weeks and have seen you post hundreds of opinions, and almost all of them are posted w/o much thought or knowledge of anything. Can you please tell us your name so you can stop hiding behind your pc, and posting idiotic opinions

#71 Easton

All State

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

Provide some examples or post your own opinions.
I'm not available to coach anyone right now, sorry.

#72 a flock of tbirds

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (Easton @ Mar 14 2010, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love Thad though. great guy, pretty good coach, great recruiter who seems to be adjusting his strategy. Not going after the one and done's, rather looking to players who will be there for at least 3 years.

I think Thad Matta does a FINE job and was fortunate to meet him at the King James 2 years ago.Guy took time to talk to some 6th graders and stressed the importance of EDUCATION!!!Almost talked me into lettin UCLA go and "come back home" to quote him.Love what he is doin in Cbus!!

#73 bambino

All District

• Members
  • 117 posts

Member No.: 5935

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:11 AM

Mr Craft is once in a generation on and off the athletic surface. Bottom line the kid is a winner and that's what Thad likes about Craft. When you can go on the AAU stage and win multiple championships that says something. Tme will tell

#74 a flock of tbirds

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (bambino @ Mar 14 2010, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mr Craft is once in a generation on and off the athletic surface. Bottom line the kid is a winner and that's what Thad likes about Craft. When you can go on the AAU stage and win multiple championships that says something. Tme will tell

I AGREE with you about TIME and that is exactly what I think Mr. Craft will need...time to adjust.young man will probably make those adjustments and be a GOOD guard for 3 years at OSU.As far as AAU we all know that Aaron was probably the ONLY guy playing "D".Most AAU players are only worried about scoring.This says alot about Mr. Craft,that he is WILLING to guard people!!!

#75 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (a flock of tbirds @ Mar 14 2010, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I AGREE with you about TIME and that is exactly what I think Mr. Craft will need...time to adjust.young man will probably make those adjustments and be a GOOD guard for 3 years at OSU.As far as AAU we all know that Aaron was probably the ONLY guy playing "D".Most AAU players are only worried about scoring.This says alot about Mr. Craft,that he is WILLING to guard people!!!

And that is one reason I feel he will have playing time in his 1st year...that and the fact that he is a true point guard who will be able to distribute the ball to the open man among all the talented players Matta has coming back and coming in as freshman

#76 chalk_it_up

All District

• Members
  • 429 posts

Member No.: 5187

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

He will start next year at PG for OSU. We need to save this thread in the archives so we can revisit it next November.

And if Desi and Craft played one on one, Craft would DOMINATE Desi, and I'm an LCC fan. Desi had one hell of a game, and thank God he did, but Craft was clearly the better of the two players. He has a soft shot, is very quick, and he makes the right decision 99% of the time. He's not a future NBAer, but he'll be a 3.5-4 year starter at OSU. And us Buckeye fans will be very happy.

#77 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:40 PM

We agree chalk..I have said it here before that I think Aaron will be starting next year by the time Big Ten play opens

#78 a flock of tbirds

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (chalk_it_up @ Mar 14 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He will start next year at PG for OSU. We need to save this thread in the archives so we can revisit it next November.

And if Desi and Craft played one on one, Craft would DOMINATE Desi, and I'm an LCC fan. Desi had one hell of a game, and thank God he did, but Craft was clearly the better of the two players. He has a soft shot, is very quick, and he makes the right decision 99% of the time. He's not a future NBAer, but he'll be a 3.5-4 year starter at OSU. And us Buckeye fans will be very happy.

We agree to disagree.Craft DID have an excellent shot(perfect rotation),99% decision making, not sure about that cuz he shoulda shot 20 more shots.LOL Totally agree that Desi would have trouble with Craft but dominate?Why didn*t he dominate him Wed.?Kalin Lucas,Deimitri McCamey,Talor Battle...keep it real there WILL be an adjustment period cuz they ain*t Desi*s.Yes lets archive this one, should be interesting.Hopefully Craft rrads this and lifts his game to even greater heights except if they play my BRUINS!!!LOL Main thing is graduate Aaron and you will have TOTALLY succeeded!!

#79 Sports Fanatic

All League

• Members
  • 46 posts

Member No.: 4622

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:15 AM

I hate to be the master of the obvious but unless Craft is absolutely rotten, he will start. I have never seen him play, but OSU has no returning point guards and Craft is the only recruit that plays PG. If you add those facts up, he SHOULD be starting.

PG Craft
SG Buford (although I think he should go pro...best pro prospect on the team)
SF Diebler
PF Lighty
C Sullinger

with Siebert, Lauderdale, and Thomas getting minutes off the bench

I for one will be glad to see Evan Turn(ov)er go. He will disappoint some NBA team and get a GM fired within a few years

#80 BGR_80

All District

• Members
  • 271 posts

Member No.: 3195

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:01 AM

Great Person + Great Student + Great Athlete + Great Competitor = Life Winner!

Good Luck Aaron at OSU and years to come; it's been great watching you and seeing what you have done for the BVC the last four years.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users