OG Volleyball

38 replies to this topic

#1 fusion3.5

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Member No.: 4726

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:29 PM

I realize it is early, but OG has several girls on the leader board at Maxpreps.com... Jacobs, Kaufman, Basinger, Maag and Recker... Is this an official stat site??? The Findlay Courier stated Maag had 24 kills against Coldwater... That's alot... But Maxpreps listed her at 29 after 3 matches... Apparently OG just reloaded, Recker and Maag are just Sophmores... Seen a clip on WTLW of one of Maag's kills...

#2 Bengal WhoDey

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,382 posts

Member No.: 866

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

I believe OG lost twice at Coldwater to St. Henry and Coldwater. St. Henry is a very good team, but I am not sure how good Coldwater is. Usually they are a mediocre team in the MAC.

#3 OG Patron

All District

• Members
  • 167 posts

Member No.: 3750

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:59 AM

Nice job this week Ottawa Glandorf Varsity and JV ladies and their coaches! Lets get ready for Defiance...

#4 67Chevy

All State

• Members
  • 801 posts

Member No.: 2224

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:41 PM

Also, the OG freshmen girls are undefeated despite having 1 girl playing up on varsity and 1 playing JV.

#5 OG Patron

All District

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (67Chevy @ Sep 22 2009, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, the OG freshmen girls are undefeated despite having 1 girl playing up on varsity and 1 playing JV.

OG seems to be building up for some great teams for the next few years. Hearing and seeing a lot of good things about these young girls. The Varsity Team is young and showing they can play with the best. The JV team is undefeated and attacks the opponent from all directions. Like you said, the freshmen ladies are doing a great job despite having two girls playing up. A lot of potential coming... Keep up the good work ladies and coaches! wink.gif

#6 fusion3.5

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (OG Patron @ Sep 26 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OG seems to be building up for some great teams for the next few years. Hearing and seeing a lot of good things about these young girls. The Varsity Team is young and showing they can play with the best. The JV team is undefeated and attacks the opponent from all directions. Like you said, the freshmen ladies are doing a great job despite having two girls playing up. A lot of potential coming... Keep up the good work ladies and coaches! wink.gif

I don't think they are building anything... They keep girls that don't play and move up girls that do, why aren't they just on varisty...??? Also when they play a weaker team it looks like a pick up game... Instead of preparing for tougher teams or tourney they move the girls around and don't seem to work anything out... They have plenty of hitters but are weaker in the back... And the one girl who isn't bad in the back, they let her play front row, that's not going to work against a blocking team...??? It's just silly... Most teams are envious of OG's height and athleticism except OG...!!!

#7 orange pants

All District

• Members
  • 273 posts

Member No.: 2718

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (67Chevy @ Sep 22 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Elida allso has 2 playing up on JV and their freshmen have only lost 1 game .looks like it could be a good game comeing up ???????????

#8 LimaBuckeye

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Member No.: 2983

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:19 PM

Oh without question....that will be a great contest and I will be in attendance. GO DAWGS!!!

#9 Double Dawg

All District

• Members
  • 346 posts

Member No.: 2985

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (orange pants @ Sep 28 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Elida allso has 2 playing up on JV and their freshmen have only lost 1 game .looks like it could be a good game comeing up ???????????

What in the world are you and lima buck doing on the vball site. sudsy.gif
Whatever people remember of me, it will only be a fraction of the TRUTH.

#10 orange pants

All District

• Members
  • 273 posts

Member No.: 2718

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:18 PM

cant help but to talk about whats hot in Elida . cause it sure aint on the football side of things.

#11 OG Patron

All District

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (fusion3.5 @ Sep 28 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think they are building anything... They keep girls that don't play and move up girls that do, why aren't they just on varisty...??? Also when they play a weaker team it looks like a pick up game... Instead of preparing for tougher teams or tourney they move the girls around and don't seem to work anything out... They have plenty of hitters but are weaker in the back... And the one girl who isn't bad in the back, they let her play front row, that's not going to work against a blocking team...??? It's just silly... Most teams are envious of OG's height and athleticism except OG...!!!

I think it would be silly to move up young talented players to play only varsity. Usually when that happens they only play now and then and loose the skill to play VB. I rather see them play at a lower level to get more experience and let them play a varsity game when the opportunity arises. OG has talented freshmen, JV, and Varsity players getting to touch the VB almost all of the time. All three teams are playing well this year and the Varsity has a very good chance to win the WBL. I’m sure this strategy will pay off for OG over the next few years. Most teams would be envious to have that much talent spread out throughout the three teams, which allows them to keep up their talent and be ready to peak in a couple of years. cool.gif

#12 fusion3.5

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (OG Patron @ Sep 29 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it would be silly to move up young talented players to play only varsity. Usually when that happens they only play now and then and loose the skill to play VB. I rather see them play at a lower level to get more experience and let them play a varsity game when the opportunity arises. OG has talented freshmen, JV, and Varsity players getting to touch the VB almost all of the time. All three teams are playing well this year and the Varsity has a very good chance to win the WBL. I’m sure this strategy will pay off for OG over the next few years. Most teams would be envious to have that much talent spread out throughout the three teams, which allows them to keep up their talent and be ready to peak in a couple of years. cool.gif

It's when they keep girls that never play that hurts the program... Last year against Defiance in the tourney, Kaufman had a bad day in the back row we had no one to go to... Two other back row players sat the bench all year, couldn't go to them... And they were on the team when they were Juniors so it's not like they didn't know what they had... That is experience lost that could have gone to 2 girls on JV and so forth, 2 Frosh could have been in their spots on JV... That's why coaches make the big bucks, tough decisions... Not to humiliate girls into quitting...

#13 OG Patron

All District

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (fusion3.5 @ Sep 29 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's when they keep girls that never play that hurts the program... Last year against Defiance in the tourney, Kaufman had a bad day in the back row we had no one to go to... Two other back row players sat the bench all year, couldn't go to them... And they were on the team when they were Juniors so it's not like they didn't know what they had... That is experience lost that could have gone to 2 girls on JV and so forth, 2 Frosh could have been in their spots on JV... That's why coaches make the big bucks, tough decisions... Not to humiliate girls into quitting...

Wow, hope you feel better tomorrow... wacko.gif

#14 fusion3.5

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (OG Patron @ Sep 29 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, hope you feel better tomorrow... wacko.gif

Hey that's nice that the Frosh & JV are doing so well now and in the past... But it's the Varsity that counts and OG has only won the WBL 3 times...

#15 Go Bucks 7

• Members
  • 10 posts

Member No.: 1535

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (fusion3.5 @ Sep 29 2009, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey that's nice that the Frosh & JV are doing so well now and in the past... But it's the Varsity that counts and OG has only won the WBL 3 times...

#16 Go Bucks 7

• Members
  • 10 posts

Member No.: 1535

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

Must be a mad parent

#17 fusion3.5

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Go Bucks 7 @ Oct 1 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must be a mad parent

Hey you don't have to be a parent, much less a mad one to state the obvious... It's no secret, go to a game... Play sometimes twice a week...
We've established the fact that the Frosh and JV teams rarely lose a game... Why doesn't that success relate to the Varsity??? Like tonight in the first game OG struggled on serve reciet... You can't set and hit what doesn't get passed... The more the setter scrambles for the pass the less accurate the set... Less accurate the set the slower the hitter or the softer the hit... I know the MH's have been injured and missed quite a few games, but Ruhe stepped up from JV just one match and I believe she led the team in kills, but we haven't seen her since...??? I just don't agree with moving the L OH's to the middle and playing the much needed back row players in the front left... It will work in the weaker schedule but not for the long run...

#18 OG Patron

All District

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (fusion3.5 @ Oct 1 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey you don't have to be a parent, much less a mad one to state the obvious... It's no secret, go to a game... Play sometimes twice a week...
We've established the fact that the Frosh and JV teams rarely lose a game... Why doesn't that success relate to the Varsity??? Like tonight in the first game OG struggled on serve reciet... You can't set and hit what doesn't get passed... The more the setter scrambles for the pass the less accurate the set... Less accurate the set the slower the hitter or the softer the hit... I know the MH's have been injured and missed quite a few games, but Ruhe stepped up from JV just one match and I believe she led the team in kills, but we haven't seen her since...??? I just don't agree with moving the L OH's to the middle and playing the much needed back row players in the front left... It will work in the weaker schedule but not for the long run...

Apparently you are campaigning! You continually say OG is weak in the back row and they need to keep the veteran player in the back row (who also possess some good stats playing up front) so a middle hitter JV player can play up front and gain more experience. Maybe so… but if I were looking to improve the team and had a respectable front line (who all has some nice stats); I would want to focus on the back row if it was questionable. From what I heard about the game last night, it seems like the coach is doing thay. Bringing in two freshmen girls to help support the back row, and from what I heard are doing a respectable job, is good. The JV MH plays well and she will get the opportunity when the time comes. wink.gif

#19 fusion3.5

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (OG Patron @ Oct 2 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently you are campaigning! You continually say OG is weak in the back row and they need to keep the veteran player in the back row (who also possess some good stats playing up front) so a middle hitter JV player can play up front and gain more experience. Maybe so… but if I were looking to improve the team and had a respectable front line (who all has some nice stats); I would want to focus on the back row if it was questionable. From what I heard about the game last night, it seems like the coach is doing thay. Bringing in two freshmen girls to help support the back row, and from what I heard are doing a respectable job, is good. The JV MH plays well and she will get the opportunity when the time comes. wink.gif

Ok coach... But if you're going to quote stats remember who those oppenents were... They were not strong up front themselves... Getting blocked wasn't an issue...
I'm just saying when we hit Celina and the tourney, we're going to need that back row to be solid, also that front row... Letting the back row girls play in the front hasn't helped anyone... But back row players that want kill stats, and how fair and how helpful has that been to the front row players...??? It hasn't and you know it, OG has a young front row...

#20 OG Patron

All District

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (fusion3.5 @ Oct 5 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok coach... But if you're going to quote stats remember who those oppenents were... They were not strong up front themselves... Getting blocked wasn't an issue...
I'm just saying when we hit Celina and the tourney, we're going to need that back row to be solid, also that front row... Letting the back row girls play in the front hasn't helped anyone... But back row players that want kill stats, and how fair and how helpful has that been to the front row players...??? It hasn't and you know it, OG has a young front row...

Wow... ohmy.gif that's nice you calling me a coach...got a nice ring to it... happy.gif coach OG_Patron... I like it, but I probably couldn't handle it because to many parents would tell me how to do my job tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users