Ottawa Glandorf 43 Archbold 20

12 replies to this topic

#1 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:28 PM

Lady titans brought it on the defensive end tonight forcing 20 Archbold turnovers in the 1st half en route to a 43-20 win. OG now advances to the regional finals for the first time in school history to take on the winner of Oak harbor and Richwood North Union in the Ada regional which is held in Lexington???????

The OG- Archbold semi was held in Ada (ONU) and the Oak Harbor- North Union semi is held in Lexington tomorrow night (3/11), with the finals held in Lexington which must be why the OHSAA site calls it the Ada regional.

http://www.ohsaa.org...GBKBrackets.htm

Great Job Lady Titans!

#2 Ericles

All State

• Members
  • 508 posts

Member No.: 5556

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 10 March 2015 - 09:28 PM, said:

Lady titans brought it on the defensive end tonight forcing 20 Archbold turnovers in the 1st half en route to a 43-20 win. OG now advances to the regional finals for the first time in school history to take on the winner of Oak harbor and Richwood North Union in the Ada regional which is held in Lexington???????

The OG- Archbold semi was held in Ada (ONU) and the Oak Harbor- North Union semi is held in Lexington tomorrow night (3/11), with the finals held in Lexington which must be why the OHSAA site calls it the Ada regional.

http://www.ohsaa.org...GBKBrackets.htm

Great Job Lady Titans!

They split it up that way for the same reason they split up the D2 Ontario regional and had Rogers/Bath @ ONU - to help with travel. It has the Uniontown District winner (Hoban) and the Lexington Regional has the Columbus 1 District winner (North Union).

#3 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:47 AM

18 straight wins for OG now, tied the school record for wins in a season of 24

http://www.michaelhi...s-make-history/
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#4 omniscient1

All District

• Members
  • 187 posts

Member No.: 738

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

Great job Lady Titans! Keep it going!

#5 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:01 AM

View PostEricles, on 10 March 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

They split it up that way for the same reason they split up the D2 Ontario regional and had Rogers/Bath @ ONU - to help with travel. It has the Uniontown District winner (Hoban) and the Lexington Regional has the Columbus 1 District winner (North Union).

North Union plays Oak Harbor tonight

I understand the reasoning for having the 2 semis in different locations......but wouldn't it make more sense to have the Northwest regional somewhere near northwest Ohio? What if Oak Harbor advances to play OG in the finals, does it make sense for both schools to go to Lexington? 3 districts were Elida, Anthony Wayne, Seneca East and Columbus. Heck, Columbus is an hour from Lexington. I don't want to sound like I am complaining, just wondering how Lex was chosen as a site when it is nowhere near any of the districts that feed into it?

#6 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:11 AM

I'm sure the defenses were good, but 55 turnovers in a regional semi-final? Was the play that sloppy?

#7 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

View PostCommon Sense, on 11 March 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

I'm sure the defenses were good, but 55 turnovers in a regional semi-final? Was the play that sloppy?

Pretty much.

ONU has some nice side boards w/ game stats, FG %, FT%, 3 pt. %, turnovers, rebounds etc.

It ahd OG with 8 and Archbold with 20 at half. The game was pretty much decided at that point. About 2 minutes into the 4th qtr. they quit updating stats and Archbold had 28 TO's and OG around 12.......not sure what it ended up, but the game was decided in the first half.

#8 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 11 March 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

Pretty much.

ONU has some nice side boards w/ game stats, FG %, FT%, 3 pt. %, turnovers, rebounds etc.

It ahd OG with 8 and Archbold with 20 at half. The game was pretty much decided at that point. About 2 minutes into the 4th qtr. they quit updating stats and Archbold had 28 TO's and OG around 12.......not sure what it ended up, but the game was decided in the first half.

The internet they use to update the live stats died with 121 left in the 3rd (I know because the ipad I had been using for live stats during the game froze on that time)

OG turned it over 21 times and forced 34.
Henry Ford

#9 Ericles

All State

• Members
  • 508 posts

Member No.: 5556

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 11 March 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

North Union plays Oak Harbor tonight

I understand the reasoning for having the 2 semis in different locations......but wouldn't it make more sense to have the Northwest regional somewhere near northwest Ohio? What if Oak Harbor advances to play OG in the finals, does it make sense for both schools to go to Lexington? 3 districts were Elida, Anthony Wayne, Seneca East and Columbus. Heck, Columbus is an hour from Lexington. I don't want to sound like I am complaining, just wondering how Lex was chosen as a site when it is nowhere near any of the districts that feed into it?

I can't give a good answer to that. Sometimes, it depends a lot on which sites are willing to host. Ontario and Lexington have been regional sites for a while.

#10 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:16 PM

Archbold 34 TO's, OG 21.

#11 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

North Union wins 53-42 tonight
Henry Ford

#12 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostTiGgEr3, on 11 March 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

North Union wins 53-42 tonight

TiGgEr3 or anyone anyone else........what do you you know about North Union? I know nothing outside of where the school is located and their record. what conference are they in?

#13 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:41 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 11 March 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

TiGgEr3 or anyone anyone else........what do you you know about North Union? I know nothing outside of where the school is located and their record. what conference are they in?

Mid-Ohio Athletic Conference: http://en.wikipedia....nference_(OHSAA)

Emily Clark (OSU softball signee) was 1st team MOAC this season and shot 6/12 and scored 18 points tonight. She finished 3rd in the league at 15.3ppg and in the top 5 with 3.2 assists.

3 other players were named 2nd or HM

North Union went 14-0 in their conference this year.

Only loss of the season (26-1) was to Triad 54-53 on December 15th in their 7th game of the year

Excited to get to Lexington Saturday and call this one.

Edited by TiGgEr3, 11 March 2015 - 11:51 PM.

Henry Ford

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users