Coach openings

175 replies to this topic

#1 longshot89

All District

• Members
  • 449 posts

Member No.: 2552

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:29 PM

What schools will have vacancies to fill next season?
Home of 12 State Championships and 19 State Runners-Up

#2 the_beezer

All State

• Members
  • 696 posts

Member No.: 3358

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

Heard St. Marys was looking after Frye's 5 and 5 season. lol

Edited by the_beezer, 03 November 2014 - 09:52 PM.

#3 RedskinFan

All District

• Members
  • 130 posts

Member No.: 9644

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:35 PM

Most likely Elida

#4 CKUM

All District

• Members
  • 193 posts

Member No.: 4561

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

I am a Crestview alum and my kids go to Parkway (still very young). After the Crestview vs Parkway game week one, I heard an outburst of obscenities from their head coach directly to the players. If he isn't replaced by the time my son gets up there, he WILL NOT play for that clown. Last time I checked, you don't build a program with yelling fowl language at your players and making them get on the bus without showering or eating. They need some positive direction in Rockford.

#5 lima ball

All District

• Members
  • 327 posts

Member No.: 7076

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostCKUM, on 04 November 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

I am a Crestview alum and my kids go to Parkway (still very young). After the Crestview vs Parkway game week one, I heard an outburst of obscenities from their head coach directly to the players. If he isn't replaced by the time my son gets up there, he WILL NOT play for that clown. Last time I checked, you don't build a program with yelling fowl language at your players and making them get on the bus without showering or eating. They need some positive direction in Rockford.

Kids do not need to eat after a game, they can do it when they get off the bus or when they get home, same goes with showering.
As for the yelling, I didn't hear it, but could it be trying to motivate them a little?? Maybe as you state he could have chosen different words

#6 2Legit2Quit

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Member No.: 9584

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:25 AM

No change at Elida. Carp will stay on defense and Harmon will continue to call offense.

View PostRedskinFan, on 03 November 2014 - 11:35 PM, said:

Most likely Elida

#7 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:37 AM

Apparently you were never to a LCC game when COOP was coaching?

#8 HH75

All State

• Members
  • 839 posts

Member No.: 1295

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:27 PM

Oh good Lord! This isn't youth "kickball"! They are 14 to 18 years old, waiting a couple hrs isn't going to starve them to death! If your little Joey needs fruit snacks and a juice box 10 minutes after a game at that age you have bigger problems than that!!

#9 HH75

All State

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

And as for showers.... not a big deal. Most freshmen didn't play and you have to beg them to take a shower at home anyways. And the upperclassmen are going to shower sometime so they can take your daughter out on a date when they get back to the school.

#10 Stewart Little

All District

• Members
  • 110 posts

Member No.: 9410

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

This has to be one of the funniest posts in a long time. I nearly fell off of my chair!

I picture a bunch of high school boys running through a tunnel, made by parents, as they board the bus...of course, each kid is holiding a juice box and a bag of Cheez It crackers.

And we wonder why our kids are 'soft' today. For Heaven's sake, let the boys grow up!

#11 Rajaha

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Member No.: 9496

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

are you talking about the Parkway Coach? The one who has increased their numbers almost every year right, that one

#12 Nwsportsguy

All League

• Members
  • 27 posts

Member No.: 9466

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:10 PM

I agree to some extent. There are some better ways to motivate athletes rather than every word being a cuss word but I know being a coach, that it also is the nature to some extent. Kids do not need, especially at an away game, some snack or food from mom and dad. If u wanna pack a snack for after that's ur prerogative but not a necessity. These kids these days need to grow up and take on responsibility for their performance. Every fan wants to bash a coach every time but maybe some of that is the kid. Kids anymore are lazy and soft because they are babied and think coaches owe them something, which parents do as well. No you earn it and take the compliments with the criticism. Move on Man/Woman up and play the game !!!

#13 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

Hell, when I played, I thought my last name was Johnny and my 1st name was Damnit!

#14 bob22

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Member No.: 1048

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:54 PM

View Postthe_beezer, on 03 November 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

Heard St. Marys was looking after Frye's 5 and 5 season. lol

Kenton too. Since they're going nowhere with Fackler as a coach. :beer:

Edited by bob22, 04 November 2014 - 05:54 PM.

#15 the_beezer

All State

• Members
  • 696 posts

Member No.: 3358

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

View Postcaldwell, on 04 November 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Apparently you were never to a LCC game when COOP was coaching?
Or a Wapak locker room after a loss to Elida. Most of the kids I talked to had no problems with it.

#16 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:58 PM

What about Shawnee? Is that guy hanging around, or are the Indians going to look elsewhere?

#17 formercoach

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Member No.: 2089

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:26 AM

Kenton people have changed their tune. In all reality, we may have had one more loss WITH Mauk. No field goal try if he was around.

#18 milt73

All District

• Members
  • 137 posts

Member No.: 7262

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

What about when the coaches and players from Parkway came in full force to funeral viewing of one of the players' grandparents in support of their teammate?

Edited by milt73, 05 November 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#19 HH75

All State

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

View Postmilt73, on 05 November 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

What about when the coaches and players from Parkway came in full force to funeral viewing of one of the players' grandparents in support of their teammate?

But...but... He yelled at them... and didn't feed them..

On a serious note.
Classy move Coach and team!

#20 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:49 PM

Paulding? How long has the coach been there? The panthers are about due for their biennial coaching change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users