Best of the Best in the PCL

26 replies to this topic

#1 golfer09

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Member No.: 8235

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

just wanted to hear some input on here about who is going to be the top of what events in the PCL in track this year

#2 bballsuperfan

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Member No.: 8079

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:36 PM

Columbus grove!! biggrin.gif

#3 Trackman

All League

• Members
  • 21 posts

Member No.: 8216

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:06 AM

bballsuperfan i'll have to agree Grove is going to be a strong team this year. They have variety of good runner's all the way from sprints to distance even to the field events. I am excited to see this upcoming season how Jake Graham, and Wolfe do.
-Practice Is Pain, Winning Is Gain-

#4 OhioBBallFan

All League

• Members
  • 36 posts

Member No.: 7633

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

I agree with the previous posts, Grove should take PCL this year.

#5 raisethebar

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Member No.: 5709

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

OK Grove fans lets not get carried away. I am sure Leipsic is not giving them the crown just yet- after all, they have beaten Grove the past couple of years and have most of their team returning, although the lost of their distrance runner will hurt them immensely. Pandora, on the other hand seems to have lost their run of athletes and should not be a factor in the league championship this year.Ottoville and Continental will have a few good athletes to figure in to the mix so the meet could come down to certain events. Remember PG won the PCL the past three years but prior to that Grove won something like 19 years in a row, so tradition still favors the Bulldogs. Without a doubt Grove will be much improved this year. Will they have enough to take back the championship trophy? Will know more on that once we see some actual results from this season.

#6 Coach_B

All District

• Members
  • 470 posts

Member No.: 968

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

Grove wins the boys meet this season. They should be very good in the field events. I'm not sure Leipsic has enough depth to win a six team meet wiith the Bulldogs. And losing Derrick Schroeder will hurt the Vikings. As for the girls meet, it's Ottoville.

#7 Trackman

All League

• Members
  • 21 posts

Member No.: 8216

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

Not seeing how grove is gonna "win" meets this year, there depth is shallow
-Practice Is Pain, Winning Is Gain-

#8 Trivon

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Member No.: 8410

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:56 AM

Grove!

#9 Edible_Edd

• Members
  • 11 posts

Member No.: 8132

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

I'm not seeing how there isn't depth with Grove's team...

They've been stacked with field events for the past few years easy...

State Competitor Wolfe in the pole vault

State Competitor Kohls in the high jump

Grove always has good throwers

as for the running events, Jake Graham, a State Cross Country Competitor, will lead the distance squad

...I struggle to see where there isn't depth on this Grove team

#10 OhioBBallFan

All League

• Members
  • 36 posts

Member No.: 7633

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Trackman @ Mar 27 2011, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not seeing how grove is gonna "win" meets this year, there depth is shallow

Not seeing why you put quotation marks around "win". It seems like a pretty straightforward word to me. Plus its "their", not "there". And now to get to the point, Grove is a very very deep team, especially for the PCL. I guess you can just wait until their first meet tomorrow to see for yourself. I'll keep you posted with the results.

#11 Doctor jj

• Members
  • 13 posts

Member No.: 8420

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

I heard leipsic lost there best shot put and discus due to a violation of team rules and heard another good kid is not doing track this year also. Anyone know if this is true or not?

#12 raisethebar

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Member No.: 5709

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

Unless Pandora and Leipsic sat out athletes at the meet tonight (Grove did) they are both going to be in for a long season. The PCL is no longer in question.

#13 Coach_B

All District

• Members
  • 470 posts

Member No.: 968

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

And Continental's boys fared poorly in their season-opener yesterday at Patrick Henry (although in the Pirates' defense) they have several athletes getting a late start from basketball. No question on the boys side, Grove is the team to beat.

#14 govikes

All District

• Members
  • 321 posts

Member No.: 4862

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (raisethebar @ Mar 29 2011, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless Pandora and Leipsic sat out athletes at the meet tonight (Grove did) they are both going to be in for a long season. The PCL is no longer in question.

Leipsic's numbers are down this year, but still include many good athletes. Don't think Leipsic was looking for meet wins, just individual accomplishments which we should have.

#15 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (govikes @ Mar 30 2011, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leipsic's numbers are down this year, but still include many good athletes. Don't think Leipsic was looking for meet wins, just individual accomplishments which we should have.

Track is a team sport, RIGHT

#16 rstefosu07

All District

• Members
  • 349 posts

Member No.: 3302

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

Track is more individual then most other high school sports. While there is the team championship, individual athletes can also win league and state championships.
A few athletes from Leipsic are capable of contending for league championships. Should they not care about the season just because they know that they won't win as a team?

#17 govikes

All District

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (caldwell @ Apr 11 2011, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Track is a team sport, RIGHT

Individuals go to regionals and state meets, not teams. A few good atheletes in some events could be enough to win state. Leipsic may not have state caliber atheletes but they will give their all in the events they are in. A dozen members will not win to many meets.

#18 Just..Sayin....

All District

• Members
  • 108 posts

Member No.: 8306

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Coach_B @ Mar 30 2011, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Continental's boys fared poorly in their season-opener yesterday at Patrick Henry (although in the Pirates' defense) they have several athletes getting a late start from basketball. No question on the boys side, Grove is the team to beat.

Ya think? furious.gif Continental had a late start? no.gif Atleast 10 of the 15 basketball players participate in track! Let's see what they got once they get to practice and get into track mode and out of basketball mode!! GEEZZZZ pav.gif
CONTINENTAL PIRATES- 2011 REGIONAL CHAMPS!!

#19 govikes

All District

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Just..Sayin.... @ Apr 13 2011, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya think? furious.gif Continental had a late start? no.gif Atleast 10 of the 15 basketball players participate in track! Let's see what they got once they get to practice and get into track mode and out of basketball mode!! GEEZZZZ pav.gif

Meet at Cont. tonight. It didn't appear that the Pirates were "track moden" very well. I think they may have finished behind PG

#20 sports watcher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Member No.: 6937

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (govikes @ Apr 14 2011, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meet at Cont. tonight. It didn't appear that the Pirates were "track moden" very well. I think they may have finished behind PG

coach played with the team due to big meet tomorrow, to bad the were coming on strong last part of last week

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users