Jump to content



BRENT FACKLER PLEASE STEP DOWN.


49 replies to this topic

#21 dalton1462

    All League

  • Members
  • 78 posts

    Joined: 25-December 12
    Member No.: 9391

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:14 PM

Can't wait for all the Haters to come out on this 1. Iv heard some of the talent on the 8th grade team is going out to missouri next year.


#22 Ron Mexico

    All District

  • Members
  • 105 posts

    Joined: 22-August 07
    Member No.: 2593
  • Location:Alvada, OH

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:33 PM

View Postdw629, on 17 October 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

How many years was this guy at Marion Local and what was his record?
He was there long enough to right the ship. His record is irrelevant since he was brought in to clean things up. He had the table set after making some tough decisions that ruffled some feathers and was never given the chance to enjoy what he had built. Sounds like Kenton could use a guy like this.

#23 Rusty Shackleford

    All District

  • Members
  • 287 posts

    Joined: 17-March 13
    Member No.: 9458

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:33 PM

View Postdalton1462, on 18 October 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

Who with a winning record did we score on.
Coldwater & Elida

#24 2Legit2Quit

    All League

  • Members
  • 37 posts

    Joined: 21-January 14
    Member No.: 9584

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:21 AM

View PostBulldog4life, on 18 October 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

Kenton would probably be better on Friday nights if they developed younger players while playing jv games. They played some varsity starters all four quarters of the jv game last night.
Whatever it takes to win I guess.....

Not to mention they had a couple players make comments about the boys that lost their lives in the accident.

#25 Bulldog4life

    Newbie

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

    Joined: 18-October 16
    Member No.: 9894

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:16 AM

Yes. That did happen also. Nothing but class.

#26 The Guilty Bystander

    All District

  • Members
  • 157 posts

    Joined: 24-November 12
    Member No.: 9367

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:38 AM

View Postdalton1462, on 18 October 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

Can't wait for all the Haters to come out on this 1. Iv heard some of the talent on the 8th grade team is going out to missouri next year.

I hear a lot of things

I hear you like to visit the local Kenton farms at night and have your way with the animals ... I mean I just heard it. I don't know if that's accurate, it's just something I heard.

Do you REALLY think a family would uproot their entire life and move 700 miles away just so their kid can play football for a coach that they liked? Leave jobs, leave family ... all to follow a football coach?

Take a step back and really think about that.

It's high school football - enjoy it and quit being a baby and getting all bent out of shape

#27 dalton1462

    All League

  • Members
  • 78 posts

    Joined: 25-December 12
    Member No.: 9391

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:17 PM

Shawn Huston his wife and 2 kids did. They left family jobs. So people do move. Maybe if u talked like u had a brain instead of talking stupid about farm animals.u might know this.

#28 Hagen

    All District

  • Members
  • 489 posts

    Joined: 22-October 10
    Member No.: 7010

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:34 PM

View Postdalton1462, on 19 October 2016 - 01:17 PM, said:

... Maybe if u talked like u had a brain instead of talking stupid about farm animals.u might know this.
Written like a real scholar.

#29 wishbone

    All District

  • Members
  • 467 posts

    Joined: 02-February 07
    Member No.: 2004
  • Location:B-town

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostRon Mexico, on 12 October 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

Mike Cramer would be a good candidate to be Fackler's replacement. I think everyone is aware of the reclamation job he did at Marion Local and then had the rug pulled out from under him before he could benefit from the hard work. He probably would be able to the same thing a Kenton.

Mike Cramer must either be overrated or difficult to work with. Otherwise he would be at least considered for some sort of coaching job in the area. I'm not sure what you're affiliation is with him, but you literally mention his name on every single coaching post. I'm not insinuating anything, fwiw. I just find it curious. Something has to keep him from being considered. That, or he isn't applying.

#30 The Guilty Bystander

    All District

  • Members
  • 157 posts

    Joined: 24-November 12
    Member No.: 9367

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:44 PM

View Postdalton1462, on 19 October 2016 - 01:17 PM, said:

Shawn Huston his wife and 2 kids did. They left family jobs. So people do move. Maybe if u talked like u had a brain instead of talking stupid about farm animals.u might know this.

Yes - the grammar, spelling, and punctuation are written like a true Kentonian

How would I know what the Huston family has done? If a family leaves a state to follow a football coach I'll just state, for the record, that they don't have their priorities in order.

You really are either:
The worst and dumbest Kenton "fan" of all time
OR
A really ineffective internet troll

I just can't make out which one yet, even after all this time.

#31 HH75

    All State

  • Members
  • 823 posts

    Joined: 30-October 06
    Member No.: 1295

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:26 PM

View Postwishbone, on 20 October 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:



Mike Cramer must either be overrated or difficult to work with. Otherwise he would be at least considered for some sort of coaching job in the area. I'm not sure what you're affiliation is with him, but you literally mention his name on every single coaching post. I'm not insinuating anything, fwiw. I just find it curious. Something has to keep him from being considered. That, or he isn't applying.

Ron and Rocketman use Mr Cramer as their little personal punch line.

But I really think Mr Cramer will be named head coach for the Rocketman's home team after Coach Meyer and staff is run out of town after this season. And I'm sure that Ron and Rocketman will be firmly planted..uh.... right behind Mr Cramer as always!!

The real question is has anyone ever seen Ron and Rocketman at the same time?

#32 fortfan

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,535 posts

    Joined: 02-July 08
    Member No.: 3645

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

Mike Cramer is a legend in his own mind.

#33 Ron Mexico

    All District

  • Members
  • 105 posts

    Joined: 22-August 07
    Member No.: 2593
  • Location:Alvada, OH

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:59 PM

View Postwishbone, on 20 October 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

Mike Cramer must either be overrated or difficult to work with. Otherwise he would be at least considered for some sort of coaching job in the area. I'm not sure what you're affiliation is with him, but you literally mention his name on every single coaching post. I'm not insinuating anything, fwiw. I just find it curious. Something has to keep him from being considered. That, or he isn't applying.
Coach Cramer is very selective which makes sense considering the railroad job he got at Marion Local. Once he finds the right fit, that district will be very pleased with the results.

#34 dw629

    All State

  • Members
  • 824 posts

    Joined: 09-September 09
    Member No.: 5046
  • Location:Glandorf

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:49 PM

View PostRon Mexico, on 20 October 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Coach Cramer is very selective which makes sense considering the railroad job he got at Marion Local. Once he finds the right fit, that district will be very pleased with the results.

There is no such thing as "building a program" in high school football. You can tell in the first year or 2 if the guy can coach. You are either a winner or a loser and Goodwin is a winner and this guy must of been a loser if you can't tell me his record at Marion Local.

#35 Ron Mexico

    All District

  • Members
  • 105 posts

    Joined: 22-August 07
    Member No.: 2593
  • Location:Alvada, OH

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:52 PM

View Postdw629, on 20 October 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

There is no such thing as "building a program" in high school football. You can tell in the first year or 2 if the guy can coach. You are either a winner or a loser and Goodwin is a winner and this guy must of been a loser if you can't tell me his record at Marion Local.
I can't tell you Paul Brown's record at Massillon either, so he must be a loser as well.

#36 dw629

    All State

  • Members
  • 824 posts

    Joined: 09-September 09
    Member No.: 5046
  • Location:Glandorf

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:30 AM

View PostRon Mexico, on 20 October 2016 - 07:52 PM, said:

I can't tell you Paul Brown's record at Massillon either, so he must be a loser as well.

During his nine years at Massillon, Brown invented the playbook, a detailed listing of formations and set plays, and tested his players on their knowledge of it. He also originated the practice of sending in plays to his quarterback from the sideline using hand signals. His overall record at the school was 80𤾄, including a 35-game winning streak. Between 1935 and 1940, the team won the state football championship six times and won the High School Football National Championship four times, outscoring opponents by 2,393 points to 168 over that span. After the early losses to Canton, the Tigers beat the Bulldogs six straight times.

#37 Ron Mexico

    All District

  • Members
  • 105 posts

    Joined: 22-August 07
    Member No.: 2593
  • Location:Alvada, OH

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:05 AM

View Postdw629, on 21 October 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

During his nine years at Massillon, Brown invented the playbook, a detailed listing of formations and set plays, and tested his players on their knowledge of it. He also originated the practice of sending in plays to his quarterback from the sideline using hand signals. His overall record at the school was 80–8–2, including a 35-game winning streak. Between 1935 and 1940, the team won the state football championship six times and won the High School Football National Championship four times, outscoring opponents by 2,393 points to 168 over that span. After the early losses to Canton, the Tigers beat the Bulldogs six straight times.
If Marion would've given Coach Cramer one more year, maybe he would have a Wikipedia page you could cut and paste too.

#38 dw629

    All State

  • Members
  • 824 posts

    Joined: 09-September 09
    Member No.: 5046
  • Location:Glandorf

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:22 PM

View PostRon Mexico, on 21 October 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

If Marion would've given Coach Cramer one more year, maybe he would have a Wikipedia page you could cut and paste too.

What was his record? I don't know this guy but you are very disrespectful to Coach Goodwin and his program.

Edited by dw629, 21 October 2016 - 01:23 PM.


#39 Ron Mexico

    All District

  • Members
  • 105 posts

    Joined: 22-August 07
    Member No.: 2593
  • Location:Alvada, OH

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:13 PM

View Postdw629, on 21 October 2016 - 01:22 PM, said:

What was his record? I don't know this guy but you are very disrespectful to Coach Goodwin and his program.
Actually, I am not. I respect what Tim has done. My disappointment is that no one has acknowledged the work Coach Cramer did prior to Tim's tenure to get the program in a position to succeed.

#40 The Guilty Bystander

    All District

  • Members
  • 157 posts

    Joined: 24-November 12
    Member No.: 9367

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:19 AM

dalton

Please provide your thoughts on this last week







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users