Wbl 2012 perdictions

13 replies to this topic

#1 wrestling guy

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Member No.: 9105

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

What are some perdictions for the top three teams in the wbl. Elida should be the favorites, but could have some challengers

#2 Bench80

All League

• Members
  • 46 posts

Member No.: 7980

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

Why is Elida the favorite? What do they have returning besides Pauff, Smith, Dunlap and Dukehart?

#3 wrestling guy

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

Overholt runner up at 103 murphey runner up at 12 abrogast runner up at 19 and green runner up at 145 I believe are all back I believe they were runner ups last year and havnt lost a ton of pieces.

#4 Bench80

All League

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

How close was Elida to Wapak? Did Wapak lose much? If we assume Elida and Wapak to be 1 & 2 in some fashion, who might be #3?

#5 wrestling guy

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:24 PM

Wapak lost a ton of good senoirs I dont see them being nearly as strong. They did blow everybody out last year in dominating fashion but lost at least 4 champs I know of I dont see them winning again maybe not even 2nd I think defiance and shawnee have a lot coming back that people will talk about. Van wert could be a dark horse but is there any news I dont know about.

#6 Bench80

All League

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

As you reminded me, Shawnee does have some quality wretlers returning, but depth has to be a question. I cannot quite accept Defiance near the top, as their coach resigned and they basically hired a college kid to coach the team, which is always hard with basically a kid coaching kids. Can wert was mentioned as a dark horse; anyone know what they have returning?

#7 vwdad

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Member No.: 7540

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

VW Cougars--2011/12 returning letter winners
Seniors- James Hardman, Sean Dorsch. Both won alot of matches last year.
Juniors- Terrin Contrerez, Jordan Daniels, Colton Royer, Daniel Thompson
Sophmores- Gabe Hill, Jermaine Defore

Heavy weight should be solid with Hardman and Contrerez again. Daniels and Royer were both 20+ winners last year. Hill showed alot of promise last year.

There is a buzz around the wrestling program this year.. more kids came out this year than any of the previous ten years. Not just freshmen, but alot of upper class men... hopefully we will be able to fill a complete lineup..

#8 wrestling guy

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

Right now all of the weight classes are filled as well there are many good athletes who are new to the sport and a couple who are coming back after a year off including zack burk. This as well as the depth of having good athletes in jv spots well help in dules. And having a full team with everybody being an athlete in the line up makes them a tough team to beat.

Edited by wrestling guy, 17 November 2011 - 08:27 PM.

#9 the_beezer

All State

• Members
  • 696 posts

Member No.: 3358

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:02 AM

Geez you would think Wapak doesnt do a very good job developing talent year after year after year after year after year. How many titles have they won with different talent get a life some of you. One thing you cant deny is the WBL wrestling title runs thru Wapak. Maybe some of those great Elida kids might want to come to Wapak to.

#10 wrestling guy

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

I think wapak does produce great talent I just think they lost much of what they had last year. They should be a good team I just dont think they will win, after losing 4 or 5 wbl champs. just because they have a great history, and coaches does not mean they will have the best talent next year. Wapak is not like graham they had a little run but elida bath and vw have all won titles in the past few years.

Edited by wrestling guy, 26 November 2011 - 04:24 PM.

#11 bigs

All League

• Members
  • 48 posts

Member No.: 4236

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

beezer seems to be hating a bit... if you actually spoke face to face to Elida parents about it there were not many in the district with hard feelings in the transfer thing at all from our end.... (I would like to say none, but every school has at least a couple.) either way that has nothing at all to do with wrestling. Wapak is the standard the other schools want to achieve until they get knocked off of their perch. So take pride in people shooting arrows at you, it is just cause they want to knock you off....

Edited by bigs, 28 November 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#12 34215

All District

• Members
  • 275 posts

Member No.: 6466

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

I believe Wapak had 14 District Qualifiers last year. They lost (I think) 7 Seniors..VERY good seniors. I think they had 6 Sophomores starting last year. Not sure on who is coming in this year as freshman, but there were a lot of good freshman last year that couldn't make the varsity team because of so many 4 years varsity seniors. There is plenty of talent still in Wapak. I do not think they will be nearly as dominant as last year though. That's not an insult to this year's team, but last year was a phenomenal year, with several multiple state qualifiers and even more multiple league champions. Wapak will be in the mix of the league title this year.
I ignore Spongefag and Turn&Blow. :)

#13 Thatonefootball player

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Member No.: 9140

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:51 AM

What about Shawnees Colin mcdermit Kyle miller trace plauger Kane plauger joe aurther and will madly... All experienced wrestlers two of them state qualifiers

#14 born_to_wrestle

All District

• Members
  • 124 posts

Member No.: 7248

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

View PostThatonefootball player, on 02 December 2011 - 10:51 AM, said:

What about Shawnees Colin mcdermit Kyle miller trace plauger Kane plauger joe aurther and will madly... All experienced wrestlers two of them state qualifiers
They can't win the WBL with only 5 guys placing in the top three and no one else even finishing in top 6. But if they have anyone that can step up that weighs more than 140lbs that would be great for them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users