Cory-Rawson Girls Team

18 replies to this topic

#1 Warrior4

All District

• Members
  • 348 posts

Member No.: 1177

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:44 PM

Cory-Rawson will fund a girls program for the first time next year. The AD ,Tom Meyer, is currently accepting applications for the Head Coaching position. They almost have a full schedule already.

What are your thoughts on the situation?
Victory Through Harmony- AFC

#2 crsoccer06

All League

• Members
  • 55 posts

Member No.: 1139

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:12 AM

sounds good to me......

Warrior, u heard any rumors of nay one interested in the job? whistling.gif

#3 Warrior4

All District

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:44 AM

I heard that Heath Miksells, the former cr boys coach, is very interested in the program and Andrew Welch would be his assistant...
And a kid straight out of college that is a special ed teacher looking for a job.. It will be very interesting because the special ed teacher now is retiring at the end of this year..

#4 #1 boise fan

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Member No.: 1687

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:33 AM

the olny problem is that in cory rawson most girls dont like soccer so who is playing for cr?

#5 Warrior4

All District

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:34 AM

then why is there 20 girls signed up for it next year if they don't like it? shrug2.gif

big freshmen class coming in

#6 buckeyegamer

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Member No.: 1722

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:41 AM

i hate cory-rawson and every one that goes there hahahahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

#7 #1 boise fan

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Member No.: 1687

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:54 AM

are you for sure? dry.gif

#8 Warrior4

All District

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:06 PM

Just gonna have to wait till next year to find out... New sport = New Interest.. never know whistling.gif

#9 Man United Fan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Member No.: 1197

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:27 PM

I didn't realize that their were that many girls interested in soccer at CR. I only remember a couple on the team last year. Good luck to them in their first year because it will a pretty rough one for them without alot of experience at the high school level. I think they will have to find out the hard way that high school soccer is a little different than black swamp soccer at the recreation level.

I would be surprised if Mikesell got back into coaching, he left the boys program a year ago for some reason or another, I heard he wanted to spend more time with his kids and family. I just can't see him changing his mind in one year. I saw the other name mentioned was Andrew Welch. Wasn't he an assistant for the boys program last year. I can see him getting it because he is already in the coaching system. He was a real good player when he played a few years back and would probably be able to do a good job.

Anyways heres a question to the CR people. How is your volleyball coach taking the news that their is going to be soccer? I know coach Leuthold hasn't too many good teams lately, but this will certainly affect the volleyball program and he can't be happy.

#10 crsoccer06

All League

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:43 PM

I haven't heard how volleyball is handling it but you can bet it will pretty well kill the VB program. Same thing happened to Riverdale when they got girls soccer.
As for Mikesell coming back, Ive talked to him personally and he is definately showing interest.

buckeyegamer....no one cares

#11 sports freak

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Member No.: 1794

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:27 PM

lol Cr is losing Vollyball players for soccer? iv heard cr volly ball was actuly good. well.... we will see the girls play but my guess is that they will only win 2-4games

#12 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

to the RC freak!!! Hope you enjoy yourself here on the Corner!!

Happy Posting!!
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#13 go_ada_bulldogs

All District

• Members
  • 384 posts

Member No.: 134

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:59 PM

now this is an odd question but ive never asked so why not......are all the girls teams of the schools with boys teams in the NCOSA also in the Ncosa?
ADA BULLDOGS

#14 Man United Fan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:31 PM

No, The NCOSA is only for the boys teams. Not enough of the schools have girls teams to have a league for them.

#15 go_ada_bulldogs

All District

• Members
  • 384 posts

Member No.: 134

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:11 PM

thanks......i dont really follow girls soccer much, but i cant think of any teams that dont have a girls that has a boys now in the ncosa....ada , now c-r and doesnt riverdale van buren and clavert have girls teams? ...i know old fort doesnt cause they where co-ed..i thought maybe upper sandusky would too, im just courious on the what if's,.....back to topic if the girls team ends up like the guys they will be quite a competitive team good luck to them
ADA BULLDOGS

#16 crsoccer06

All League

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:14 AM

Rumor has it, Mikesell (the former boys coach) has been offered the job.

#17 Man United Fan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:55 AM

If the rumor is true and Mikesell gets the job does that mean that the boys team will lose Andrew Welch as an assistant coach as Warrior 4 stated in a previous post?

#18 crsoccer06

All League

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE(Man United Fan @ Jan 27 2007, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the rumor is true and Mikesell gets the job does that mean that the boys team will lose Andrew Welch as an assistant coach as Warrior 4 stated in a previous post?

Chances are yes. From what i've heard from him (Welch) hes planning on taking the job as long as works out with his job. He has a sister thats going to play on the girls team and is looking foward to testing his coaching skills on the girls side. But that doesn't mean he is going to cut all ties with the boys program. Look for him to give Samsal and Powell a hand, if necessary.

Man United, it almost sounds to me like you know Welch. Did you play against him back in the day?

#19 Man United Fan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:57 PM

No, I didn't play against him. I'm several years older, but I did have a younger brother play for a team that played against C-R when he was playing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users