Our dear friend Bandido passes away

24 replies to this topic

#1 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

Earlier this morning my dear friend Bandido passed away

lovefuneralhome.com

His great sense of humor and his in-depth knowledge of high school sports helped to make RocketCorner what it is today. We met in the early days of JJ's Huddle and our friendship continued to grow over the past 12 years. 'Dido and I had many a fun time bantering back and forth and although we never actually met face to face, our friendship was based on a mutual respect for one another. He was a great storyteller and his love of his hometown Kalida Wildcats was legendary. It is also mentioned in his obituary about his extreme loyalty to the Detroit Tigers and THE Ohio State Buckeyes. He could be seen tooling around his neighborhood in his customized "Tigers" golf cart and he often held court as past president of the world-reknowned CCA. (Carry Out Coaches Association) He will be sorely missed around here and we extend our sincere condolences to his wife, Lynn and the rest of his family in their time of sorrow. RIP dear friend...........RM
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#2 cougarsno1

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 3,797 posts

Member No.: 162

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

Words can't come close to saying how shocking and devastating it is to lose our good friend Dido!!! He was one of my very close friends on the RC and we always had fun! The RC will never be the same! Enjoy Heaven My Friend!!!

#3 doughash

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,220 posts

Member No.: 135

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

What terribly sad, sad news this is. I first knew Gary from my softball playing days in Kalida some 25 years ago and although I hadn't met up with him in person since then I was able to reconnect with him through the Rocketcorner these past few years. Just a great all-around guy who was very knowledgable and passionate about the teams he rooted for. At the same time he always respected everyone's opinions even if he didn't agree with them. I can imagine him pulling up a chair between Sparky and Ernie tonight and taking in the Tigers game from the best seat in the house. My condolences to his family and friends.

#4 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

This has been a very mournful day for me today since finding out this really dreadful news this morning.....I have so many thoughts to express about my dearest buddy, diddi & just can't express them all at this time......

Let this be a reminder for all of us to please tell all of our treasured lovedones NOW how much you love them 'cause they make your day to day life a li'l bit brghter just 'cause they're in it...... you never know how suddenly & unceremoniously
they'll be snatched away from you,

I just felt I had to say something & this is the best I can do for now....

God rest your soul, my great friend & thanks for all the great times, & now, great memories...... We had LOTS!!!! :D Much strength & peace to the Ellerbrock family & friends.
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#5 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

R.I.P. Prayers to his family. I never really talked to him around here all that much, but he seemed like a great guy. And any hardcore Tiger fan who can possibly surpass me in my love for that team is alright in my book. It won't be the same without him around.

Slice- I hesitate to even bring this up right now, because it's absolutely one of the last things that matter, but I noticed a typo in your signature. You have April 12th, and it's August. Just figured I'd let you know, because I'm sure you typed it in a moment of shock and sadness and just didn't(and still maybe don't) realize you did it.

#6 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

i didn't notice, dhs...thanks.... :)
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#7 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Did not know Diddi at all before I became a member here, but he had a way of welcoming all and making them feel at home. Over the last few years he and I had a few discussions about the Tigers, Ada vs Kalida BBall games etc.....Big void now at Rocketcorner that can never be filled......Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends R. I. P. Bandidio

#8 winit4me

All State

• Members
  • 541 posts

Member No.: 142

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

Thoughts and prayers to the family. May God rest his soul.

#9 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:42 PM

All I can say at this moment is that I am sick........and very saddened by the loss of one of my true friends....I am at a loss for words. What a shame that we have lost such a great person.....you will definitely be missed my leeeetle friend!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:26 AM

many good moments here on the RC...everything from going back and forth on who was the better team, Continental or Kalida, to some "younging" thinking diddi was hitting on her when he wasnt even close to that.....just an overall great guy, and always, respected your opinion, whether he agreed or disagreed, always took the time to listen and respected it...RIP, hope you enjoy what heaven has to offer as much as you enjoyed life here my friend...
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#11 Dakota Green

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Member No.: 4623

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:47 AM

I too did not know Bandido personally although I know one of his brothers Kenny from my days at Philips. However over the last couple of years that I have posted on this website on various threads I noticed that whenever or whatever he posted, he did it with passion and love that he had for the teams he grew up with and believed in. As indicated earlier by the various posts, we come on these different threads to state our case or make our points on which in the grand scheme of things are mundane compared to what really is important. I am sure that Bandito shared that passion with his wife, his family members, and all those who came into his life. My sincere and heartfelt condolences to his wife Lynn, his brothers and sisters, and to the whole Kalida community for the loss of this fine man. Bandido, go with God and rest in peace.

#12 Wilco98

All State

• Members
  • 867 posts

Member No.: 2616

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:27 AM

May God rest his soul and bring comfort and healing to all who knew and loved him.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.
Coldwater Cavaliers--20 State Titles and Counting!!!!

#13 KONG

All District

• Members
  • 158 posts

Member No.: 864

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:03 AM

Rest in Peace Bandido! Prayers go out to the family.

#14 Lil Sis

Administrator

• [R A] Root Admin
  • 247 posts

Member No.: 1

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:08 AM

My condolences to Bandido's family and friends. No one here have I had a greater respect for than Bandido. His knowledge of High School sports and level headedness were unparalleled. Many members can be rude and sometimes nasty, but Bandidio would also treat them and everyone else with the utmost respect even though it was apparent they were wrong or out of line. I wish I would have had the chance to meet him in person and introduced myself. RIP, you will be missed greatly.
"Lets get hopped up and make some bad decisions."

#15 PCalum

All League

• Members
  • 30 posts

Member No.: 4303

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

I knew Bandido more on JJ under a different name and have to say he is truly a legend. Nobody I respected more and enjoyed bantering with. He truly will be missed.

#16 Coach_B

All District

• Members
  • 470 posts

Member No.: 968

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

Condolences to his family and friends.

#17 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

Sorry to hear it, there was nobody here I respected more.
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#18 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

So very sad............I had met Bandido in person a few times, and let me tell you he was a very pleasant, knowledgable and respectful person as many on here have mentioned. As with rocketman, I have been in contact with bandido on various internet forums for 10 years or so, he will be missed.

#19 Knite Flyer

All District

• Members
  • 193 posts

Member No.: 179

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

Like many others, I had not met Bandido, but I enjoyed his passion and candor, and what he contributed to JJH and RC.

RIP.

#20 ohioguy102474

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,377 posts

Member No.: 509

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

May he R.I.P......
Go Bath Wildcats and Wildkittens! Go Ohio State!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users