Miller City Soccer

68 replies to this topic

#21 sportsnut

All State

• Members
  • 637 posts

Member No.: 532

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

this is funny stuff.. miller city is only going to get better. yea they are losing andy hermiller.. but what all time great special thing did andy do that miller city isnt only going to get better.. returning are 3 two- year lettermen at front line, 3 two- year letterman on D, great goalie in the incoming sophmore..maybe not one better in the league..and at the midfield some more experience.. they will have all the experience in the world. that should be good enough.

#22 wildsoccerman

All District

• Members
  • 226 posts

Member No.: 835

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:29 PM

miller city will be better this year- yeah theyt lost hermiller, BUT they also have many players with experience now....something that is very important in this game. experience is what gives you that gut instinct that makes the big plays, and i think that is what they will have this year. midfield will be somewhat weaker, but the offense and D are experienced and should be good. maybe now with not as strong of a midfield, miller city will develop some european style soccer with some nice passing to move the ball up....i guess we will see when the season starts.

#23 game225

All State

• Members
  • 573 posts

Member No.: 912

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

they will not be as good as last year, i agree with nuetral,bc they lost hermiiller. i was a senior last year, and i played against this kid, and he was there whole offense.the offense ran through him and he created the runs. sure the forwards might of finished but they got the ball bc of hermiller.that kid was very fast and could shoot a laser. ia m sorry MC but ucant replace him. ur defense will be good, but ur offense will be lacking.

#24 sportsnut

All State

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:52 PM

well everytime i watched them.. hermiller would make a run towards the goal, he would get too tried, then there would be 1 more forward and 1 less midfielder. he was never playing on the defensive side. he was good and was a hard-nose player, but anybody can kick the ball up to the offense and walk around cuz hes too tired. and im sure ive watched him play more than u have game225, thats what i got out of him. i think miller cities strong point will e the offense. u have doster back and wenzinger. rieman will be off the DL. what else could you ask for? they will be a better team this year, no doubt

#25 BUCKEYEFAN

All District

• Members
  • 107 posts

Member No.: 742

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:49 PM

i agree sportsnut, with rieman,wenzinger and doster up front they are very strong. can't double one the others will score. hopefully midfield will help them.

#26 game225

All State

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:31 AM

hopefully ur midfield wiill help?thats bc u wont have one. and none of the those kids are that fast that any defense cant keep up with them. and hermiller might have been tired, but that was because he played the whole field. and i dont mean he was running all over. he just played both defense and offense, and he played the whole game.I think i would be tired too. Do u really think you will beable to beat FJ or Kalida this year?

#27 sportsnut

All State

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

well doster and wenzinger each had 20 goals last year. how come the defense couldnt stop them if they werent that fast? and rieman played 3 games before he broke his leg and still ended up with 5 or 6 goals. and yes, i do think they can/will beat FJ & kalida

#28 BUCKEYEFAN

All District

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:40 PM

You tell him Sports !!!

#29 game225

All State

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:47 PM

lol,what is MC non-league scheldule???i am pretty sure they dont play anyone. look at FJ or Kalida's and then u will see why they make the deep tournament runs. and ur weak scheldule is why ur forwards have so many goals,go beef up ur scheldule and lets see how many goals they score against elida,shawnee,OG,etc...

#30 Man United Fan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Member No.: 1197

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:28 PM

pigskinp.gif

#31 sportsnut

All State

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:37 PM

mc beat kalida 2-0. and dont even say its just preseason, cuz mc looked pretty good against them and kalida didnt look so bad themselves. looks like it will be close in the regular season. and is it my fault the schedule is so terribly easy? i cant help who we play. but it does take just pure hopes and dreams to score goals against any varsity teams and be consistent enough to score one in a league game

Edited by sportsnut, 29 July 2007 - 08:38 PM.

#32 game225

All State

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:36 PM

all i was saying is that ur forwards who i guess scored 20 goals last season are not that great bc they did it against weak competitioin,and dont brag them up. and yes it is only preseason,and to me kalida keeps fallin.they will have a new goalie, and i think a weak defense. and yeah they have the reigning PCL player of year,but he didnt deserve it at all.

#33 Man United Fan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:19 AM

MC's forwards couldn't do anything against Riverdale yesterday.

And from what I saw from the weekend game225 may have a pretty good point.

#34 sportsnut

All State

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(Man United Fan @ Jul 30 2007, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MC's forwards couldn't do anything against Riverdale yesterday.

And from what I saw from the weekend game225 may have a pretty good point.

because like everyones been talking about is the midfield broke down that game after not playing so bad all weekend. the offense cant do anything without a good midfield. the mid will get better as the season progresses, and so will the other teams..thats why i cant wait until the season starts to see some good soccer and competitions in the league again..win or lose smile.gif

#35 pg_grad_01

All League

• Members
  • 62 posts

Member No.: 2469

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:59 AM

The midfield broke down against Riverdale becasue they are a good team. MC will beat up on the bad teams on their schedule and struggle against the rest without having a good midfield. They have some good forwards, but what good are they if the don't have a midfield to get them the ball. Playing long ball will only get you so far.

#36 Man United Fan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

If long ball is what works for them then so be it. They will win alot of regular season games that way against their schedule, but if they want to advance in the post season they are going to have to change the way they play.

#37 sportsnut

All State

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:12 PM

well isnt kalida a good team? i thought the midfield had a good game that game. and they are passing and playing small ball alot more this pre-season than in previous seasons.. just have to do it more

Edited by sportsnut, 30 July 2007 - 06:13 PM.

#38 BUCKEYEFAN

All District

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:52 PM

MC beat a couple of div 1 schools and didn't look too bad for having NO midfield ? ha ha. Riverdale was a good team, lets see what they do when they meet during the season. I do believe MC beat kalida and thier only loses were by 1 goal and were to bigger schools. Remember MC beat kalida twice and only lost to ft jenings by 1 last yr twice !! JUST WAIT ?

#39 game225

All State

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:17 PM

remember that FJ beat MC twice.

#40 Jack Bauer

All League

• Members
  • 72 posts

Member No.: 1369

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:30 AM

typical pcl talk. fj and kalida are sooooo much better than then rest. God forbid mc or ottoville beat them.
kalida has not been the same for the lat three years or so

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users