70 replies to this topic

#61 Gview

All District

• Members
  • 219 posts

Member No.: 2938

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (Goin2goal @ Nov 6 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Win or lose I know this. O-G will play an exciting brand of soccer. I've been to many state finals and sat in the stands thinking how painful this brand of soccer is to watch.

There was a post earlier that said og won win state playing that style. I think their style fits them perfect. Possess when they need to and use your speed and depth.

Good luck O-G!

Worked in 2005. smile.gif

#62 THE-KOOL-AID-MAN

All League

• Members
  • 36 posts

Member No.: 5028

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Mysterio @ Nov 6 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok honestly who cares about what style of play is the right way to win state or not..i never knew there was such an appropriate style that u had to play in order to win state...In my opinion Temple fans u had a great season unfortunately it came short after the defeat by OG...but that happened a few weeks ago so get over it...not exactly sure why some of u have to criticize OGs style of play when actually it obviously worked against u guys...Now im not from OG and i was even at the Temple/OG game and thought they played great...I could go on about the game but then again who cares that happened a few weeks ago its over and i would rather talk about OGs next opponent....But furthermore what exactly defines the perfect style to play in order to win state?? I dont think there is such a designated style that u have to play in order to win state....everyone has their own unique way of winning games, whether its a way that one likes or one dislikes it dont matter if they continue to win games like that...if teams play the over the top ball style of play then let them, if teams/fans dont like that way then do somethign about it on the field..not every PC team plays that way they r just more physical/dirty than most teams and thats what will help down in state is that physical aggressive play something that i thought Temple lacked

I said from the beginning that D3 soccer is not as strong as other years....and i still stand by it..I think any team could come out and play well enough to make a run in tournament and thats exactly what OG is doing...it doesnt take the most talented team or the whatever kind of style of play that people are talking about to win state...it just takes heart and determination to go out and simply outplay ur opponent which like i said is exactly what OG is doing...

So good luck OG!

you tell um mysterio! popcorn.gif

#63 boomerrang

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Member No.: 4200

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:29 AM

lets go titans!!!! represent

#64 takedown_ninja

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Member No.: 3954

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

I am a senior for OG and i play forward, and as i am sure most have heard we lost 3-2 to the chipps. We had our oppurtunites but didn't make enouh of them count. The reffs left a bit to be desired but I am not going to blame our loss on them. I thought we played a pretty good game and were on offense pretty much the entire second half. Thanks to everyone who showed up to support us throughout the tournament it was a good run.

Klausing #4

#65 Theodore

All District

• Members
  • 353 posts

Member No.: 3752

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (takedown_ninja @ Nov 8 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am a senior for OG and i play forward, and as i am sure most have heard we lost 3-2 to the chipps. We had our oppurtunites but didn't make enouh of them count. The reffs left a bit to be desired but I am not going to blame our loss on them. I thought we played a pretty good game and were on offense pretty much the entire second half. Thanks to everyone who showed up to support us throughout the tournament it was a good run.

Klausing #4

Great year #4.
"Not All Pain is Gain"

#66 Run and Gun

All League

• Members
  • 92 posts

Member No.: 4630

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:27 PM

Great season titans, way to represent the WBL and northwest ohio. Bring on basketball season.

#67 Theodore

All District

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (takedown_ninja @ Nov 8 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Klausing #4

I'd just like to add that the best team doesn't always win.
"Not All Pain is Gain"

#68 Goin2goal

All District

• Members
  • 342 posts

Member No.: 2371

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:10 PM

Theo. The best team did win down at Wapak. OG controlled the tempo, they limited LTC's looks at goal. They took away LTC's passing. Where do you get that the better team didn't win? Because athletes trump skill? You gotta do better than that.

#69 Theodore

All District

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Goin2goal @ Nov 9 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Theo. The best team did win down at Wapak. OG controlled the tempo, they limited LTC's looks at goal. They took away LTC's passing. Where do you get that the better team didn't win? Because athletes trump skill? You gotta do better than that.

I was referring to the OG-CV game. Yes I predicted OG would lose and they did, but I feel they are better than the CV team but their physical play doesn't sit well with all refs. Some will let them play, some won't....
"Not All Pain is Gain"

#70 Goin2goal

All District

• Members
  • 342 posts

Member No.: 2371

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

My bad Theo. The only problem with physicality that there was sat was the old man in the middle couldn't keep up with the pace and was often out of position to call the correct call. Then he couldn't decide what level of physicality he was going to allow. A good team will adjust to how an official calls the game and seeing nearly every OG game I'd say they adjusted fine in every tournament game.

#71 67Chevy

All State

• Members
  • 801 posts

Member No.: 2224

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Goin2goal @ Nov 9 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My bad Theo. The only problem with physicality that there was sat was the old man in the middle couldn't keep up with the pace and was often out of position to call the correct call. Then he couldn't decide what level of physicality he was going to allow. A good team will adjust to how an official calls the game and seeing nearly every OG game I'd say they adjusted fine in every tournament game.

When is soccer going to realize that one official can't handle the speed of today's game. Football uses 7 officials and they are all basically within 30 yards of each other at the start of every play. Soccer uses 1 guy who ususally never moves farther than 20 yards either side of midfield. Is it any wonder that they miss more calls than they get right. Geez, baseball uses two umps and most of their calls are in the infield and no more than 60 or 70 feet from one of them. Unless soccer does something about officiating, you're going to continue to get complaints like this one....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users