#17_My_Daughter's Content

There have been 17 items by #17_My_Daughter (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#151805 Central Washington shows great sportsmanship

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 02 May 2008 - 12:15 PM in Baseball/Softball

I watched the video and the girl who went down and the players from other team who carried her to home plate. It is amazing the sportsmanship they showed. The story touched my heart. There is a lesson here to be learned by all of us. Way to go girls. thumbup1.gif

#151708 Softball Point of Emphasis

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 01 May 2008 - 05:04 AM in Baseball/Softball

QUOTE(PirateBlue @ Mar 5 2008, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could be interesting this year since it is a "point of emphasis". I think the pitchers, the coaches (and the fans) don't undertand it. Probably some umps too. Some will call it and some will not. That always makes a season interesting.

Most umpires say they will not stress the fact of calling it, not in high school. Pitchers can still do this in high school. When it comes to college then it will be inforced. Umpires are wanting an explanation why it shouldn't be called in both.

#151540 A new beginning

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 29 April 2008 - 09:29 AM in Baseball/Softball

Tonight the girls play a Bryan squad. Bryan is a bigger school, so the competition will be a test for the pirates. Play with a gut feeling go all out for your team, whatever it takes do the right things, then give the extra 10%. You should be in the game if the right things are done. Hopefully we hit better than last Saturday.

#151333 A new beginning

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 25 April 2008 - 08:10 PM in Baseball/Softball

hifive2.gif Tonights game against Hicksville, I seen the things I have been looking for. Megan Meeks got a good jump on a shallow fly to left, from her shortstop position. She ran under the ball got the out. Way to show it Megan. Keisha Holtsberry snagged a grounder away from first, got back in time for the out. Way to think ahead. Erin Weisenberger made some heads up plays. That a girl Erin. Finally Cambria did what I knew she could do, she stopped or got a glove on everything close. Snared a line shot, then made a good firm throw to first double play. Cammi I knew you had it in you all the time, not much got to the outfield, they got to the balls made the proper throws to correct base. Pirates won 3-0. Two in a row. They go to Archbold tomorrow for 2 games. If their defense stays in form, the bats hit a bit better than tonight. They can be 5-5 for the season. REMEMBER TAKE THEM ONE AT A TIME.... tongue.gif

#151040 Softball Scores

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 22 April 2008 - 07:39 PM in Baseball/Softball

QUOTE(SHSIndiansFan @ Apr 22 2008, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bath 7
Lima Shawnee 2
Congrats Bath your were the better team tonite.
Continental 12
Pettisville 2.......5 innings

#150773 Lady Pirates JV Team....

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 18 April 2008 - 10:50 PM in Baseball/Softball

Tonights game was alot better played, not as many errors. They hit the ball good, Whitney hit a home run scoring Cambria to make the score 13-8. They did hit Whitney hard at times, she stayed around the plate all game. She handle their hitter good. moving ball around not letting them hit everything solid. thumbup1.gif Girls way to keep your eyes eek.gif on the ball tonight, offensive and defense....lol

#150753 A new beginning

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 18 April 2008 - 09:06 PM in Baseball/Softball

Most of these young ladies I have, Going thru fundamentals. That was why I was stressing they looked flat before. They shouldn't have to be told what to do at their ages, it should be automatic. They all know what to do. Over the past three years for sure, their record was 34-4-2. So they have played against older girls before.

#150722 A new beginning

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 18 April 2008 - 02:32 PM in Baseball/Softball

rolleyes.gif It is time to forget the past, mistakes happen. We must learn from them, avoid making it again. Play team ball it worked in the past, have faith in each other, it will make a big difference in how the team plays. thumbup1.gif Girls appear to be swinging late, start your swing earlier. The opposing pitchers are quicker to the plate, so start hands sooner. Head down eye on each pitch, weather you swing or not. When you swing, watch the ball make contact and come off the bat. So keep your heads up young ladies, we can start over from here, so lets see how our season ends from here. pigskinp.gif

#150607 Lady Pirates JV Team....

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 17 April 2008 - 07:24 AM in Baseball/Softball

QUOTE(Sporty @ Apr 16 2008, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
17, do you know how many seniors the Varsity be losing to graduation this year? Being such a small school, one would imagine quite a few.
By the looks of things in the news, the Varsity must be one of the better teams in the area. So encourage your JV to work hard and in the off season to improve and become Varsity material.

I believe there are only 3 seniors on this team. Could be one more, mostly juniors on the field.

#150559 Lady Pirates JV Team....

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 16 April 2008 - 08:15 PM in Baseball/Softball

pigskinp.gif Nice DOC,,,, very little time, if any at all to try to fix their problems, they play the same game, why not put both teams on feild at same time. The jv can learn a thing or two from varsity players and coaches. I mean they'll all play together in time. Next year in fact.

#149710 Appeal play???

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 10 April 2008 - 08:02 PM in Baseball/Softball

The other night a girl at second, next batter hit a triple. The other coach told umpire that runner missed first base, not going thru the proper procedure to do the appeal correct, umpire called the runner out at first. When did this change?

#149411 Softball Scores

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 08 April 2008 - 08:24 PM in Baseball/Softball

Ayersville 4 Continental 1

#149016 Continental JV softball

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 05 April 2008 - 07:50 AM in Baseball/Softball

This years team members are as follows.

Brook Babcock .. Freshman
Stephanie Burke .. Freshman
Whitney Ellerbrock .. Freshman
Erin Weisenberger .. Freshman
Brittany Noia.. Freshman
Cambria Grime.. Freshman
Missy Guelde .. Sophomore
Marlene Bradley .. Sophomore
Keisha Holtsberry.. Junior
Megan Cass .. Junior
Chelsea Slattman .. Junior
Megan Meeks .. Junior

Their schedule is..
Ayersville . 4/5/08 . away- 11:00 ----- 7-3 Ayersville............6-5...................Ayersville.
Wayne Trace. 4/11/08 . Home - 4:30 -----14-5 Wayne Trace. rain shorten..
Arcadida. 4/12/08 . away - 1:00 ------ 9-5 Arcadida

Crestview . 4/15/08. away - 5:00-------10-0 Crestview
Lincolnview. 4/18/08. away - 5:00-------13-8 Pirates
Hicksville . 4/25/08. Home - 5:00--------3-0 Pirates
Archbold . 4/26/08 . away - 12:00------7-0....14-0................. Archbold
Bryan . 4/29/08 . Home - 4:30-----22-14.Bryan
Coldwater . 5/02/08 . away - 5:00
Hicksville . 5/09/08 . away - 5:05
Parkway. 5/10/08. away -11:00
North Baltimore . 5/13/08 . away - 5:00

#148904 Continental (Varsity) Lady Pirates vs. Antwerp

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 04 April 2008 - 07:59 PM in Baseball/Softball

QUOTE(Bucks #1 @ Apr 3 2008, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Continental won a great game 5-1 over atop notch Antwerp team.....Congratulations to the team and Coaches Eding and Streicher for a great win..... Bats were moving, Hanefeld pitched a great game and McKean did a great job behind the plate. Doenges had some nice catches in center. The whole team did a great job on defense and supported each other well. It was a nice team win!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1.gif
That a girl Jess, staying around the plate 10k's is alot. Playing 11 innings with that control, I am impressed. The team itself, has the potential to go on a winning streak. Good defense, timely hitting, smart base running. Most of all when on the field talk to each other, keep your heads in the game, you'll go far.

#148812 Lady Pirates JV Team....

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 04 April 2008 - 03:53 AM in Baseball/Softball

QUOTE(Bucks #1 @ Apr 3 2008, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good job Pirate JV....looks like there is a bright future ahead in Pirate Country.....

Four of the six freshmen started. didn't play great but they had their moments...it does look good for the future. pigskinp.gif

#148785 Lady Pirates JV Team....

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 03 April 2008 - 08:03 PM in Baseball/Softball

QUOTE(slice slice baby @ Apr 3 2008, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's great, 17!! Who was their opponet?

Tinora

#148780 Lady Pirates JV Team....

Posted by #17_My_Daughter on 03 April 2008 - 07:40 PM in Baseball/Softball

rolleyes.gif The first two innings were a bit lazy. They had a few errors as expected. The defense got tighter and the bats woke up. Trailing 3-0 after 4 innings, they scored 4 to take the lead. The next a bat they scored 3 more times with a triple by Stephanie Burke. she scored on a pass ball. They go to Ayersville Saturday for a twin bill, First game at 11:00 am. It was a total team effort for the win... thumbup1.gif Final score Continental 7 Tinora 4...Good job ladies....