2018 Coaching carousel

46 replies to this topic

#1 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:55 PM

Any scuttlebutt on some head coaching jobs that are soon to open up in NW Ohio?

New Knoxville
Hilltop

I would say, outside of maybe a couple of schools, the PCL is probably set with several new coaches in the 1st/2nd/ 3rd year at the helm.

Continental?

#2 veteranlefty

All District

• Members
  • 214 posts

Member No.: 9179

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:12 PM

Lakota, Buckeye Central and Sandusky St Mary's boys jobs all open

#3 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 10 April 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

I would say, outside of maybe a couple of schools, the PCL is probably set with several new coaches in the 1st/2nd/ 3rd year at the helm.

Continental?
I think coach Maag will be back. At least I hope so. If not the revolving door may never stop. If he is ever forced out by the BOE then some people are going to make some problems for the school that involve some back-door deals that were supposed to be hidden from the public. You know, the things that are hidden and they hope no one finds out about it because they would be labeled as misuse of public funds.

#4 FlightCrew

All State

• Members
  • 519 posts

Member No.: 9467

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:56 PM

Rumor I heard on Maag was the team knew he was going to be going to wherever his wife was from .... no clue when or where .....

#5 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

add Miller City to the list. After 8 years, Bryan Kuhlman has resigned as HC

#6 JohnMcClane

All District

• Members
  • 423 posts

Member No.: 8043

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:16 PM

View PostFlightCrew, on 10 April 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

Rumor I heard on Maag was the team knew he was going to be going to wherever his wife was from .... no clue when or where .....

You might want to check your sources. Eric and his wife our both Columbus Grove graduates.

#7 FlightCrew

All State

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:26 PM

View PostJohnMcClane, on 12 April 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

You might want to check your sources. Eric and his wife our both Columbus Grove graduates.
You'd think a relative of a current player would know that ..... smh

#8 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:50 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 12 April 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

add Miller City to the list. After 8 years, Bryan Kuhlman has resigned as HC

MC is fast becoming the “Ottoville” of coaching graveyards....not sure who’ll they be able to snooker this time.
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#9 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:45 PM

View PostRocketman, on 14 April 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

MC is fast becoming the "Ottoville" of coaching graveyards....not sure who'll they be able to snooker this time.

Bryan Kuhlman was a very good coach at Miller City. He took them to districts 4 times and never had a losing season. Hopefully his retirement goes well.

I expect MC will hire current JV coach, Ross Kaufman, to take over the boys program......hopefully the MC faithful give him some slack as the wildcats don't have a whole lot coming up through the system and the PCL is going to have some good teams the next few years at CG, Kalida and Ottoville.

#10 erniefurgler

All District

• Members
  • 195 posts

Member No.: 3470

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:18 PM

MC is fast becoming the "Ottoville" of coaching graveyards....not sure who'll they be able to snooker this time.

I'd imagine he hung it up since his boys have graduated...plus he stepped down, wasn't like he was fired

#11 MCguy

All State

• Members
  • 909 posts

Member No.: 103

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:12 AM

View Posterniefurgler, on 17 April 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

I'd imagine he hung it up since his boys have graduated...plus he stepped down, wasn't like he was fired
Kinda what I was thinking. Not to mention, the coach before him was Tyson, he didn't exactly leave on bad terms either.

Comment makes about as much sense as MC being a "hated rival" to Pandora. Tries his hardest to disparage MC whether it makes sense or not.

#12 Knite Flyer

All District

• Members
  • 193 posts

Member No.: 179

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:18 AM

The basketball Mecca that is Monroeville is open, yet again.

Lakota is a shocker. NOT!

#13 Venom

All District

• Members
  • 168 posts

Member No.: 634

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:16 AM

MC is fast becoming the “Ottoville” of coaching graveyards....not sure who’ll they be able to snooker this time.

Coaching graveyards? They even have such a thing? Isn’t that a bit harsh at the high school level?

Edited by Venom, 19 April 2018 - 01:15 PM.

#14 FlightCrew

All State

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:44 PM

View PostVenom, on 19 April 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

Coaching graveyards? They even have such a thing? Isn't that a bit harsh at the high school level?
Paulding is a coaching graveyard too .....

#15 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:18 PM

Went out with a good friend from Ottoville this weekend and he named off 11 new coaches. He even thought he may have missed 1 or 2. All of this within a year. Wow. I thought we had it bad but that is ridiculous.

#16 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:59 AM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 22 April 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

Went out with a good friend from Ottoville this weekend and he named off 11 new coaches. He even thought he may have missed 1 or 2. All of this within a year. Wow. I thought we had it bad but that is ridiculous.

11? What is your “friend” including all the youth and assistant coaches or something? Generally how it works is if you get a new head coach they bring in someone they want. And those youth coaches and some assistant coaches are voluntary so .. I don’t even know what the big deal is. Coaches in all high school sports come and go. Mostly on their own terms so why does anyone even care?

Edited by Mysterio, 23 April 2018 - 07:59 AM.

No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#17 erniefurgler

All District

• Members
  • 195 posts

Member No.: 3470

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

My people tell me MC has a handful applicants for their gig...a couple expected, a couple not and possibly another that would qualify as a "surprise"

#18 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:22 PM

View PostMysterio, on 23 April 2018 - 06:59 AM, said:

11? What is your “friend” including all the youth and assistant coaches or something? Generally how it works is if you get a new head coach they bring in someone they want. And those youth coaches and some assistant coaches are voluntary so .. I don’t even know what the big deal is. Coaches in all high school sports come and go. Mostly on their own terms so why does anyone even care?
I'm with you on this one Mysterio. When he gets a few beers in him he starts babbling.

He would have been talking 7-12 because he said there's only 1 coach in the entire junior high programs that has been there longer than 1 year. If my memory is correct the junior high programs would include volleyball, boys basketball, girls basketball, boys track, and girls track.

Any truth that 1 coach left on his own free will to go to a lesser job at another school because he got tired of the parents?

#19 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:17 AM

Any word on who is going to take the Archbold job? Some big shoes to fill as Coach Krauss has decided to retire.

#20 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:43 AM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 23 April 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

I'm with you on this one Mysterio. When he gets a few beers in him he starts babbling.

He would have been talking 7-12 because he said there's only 1 coach in the entire junior high programs that has been there longer than 1 year. If my memory is correct the junior high programs would include volleyball, boys basketball, girls basketball, boys track, and girls track.

Any truth that 1 coach left on his own free will to go to a lesser job at another school because he got tired of the parents?

Don’t we all though? Lmao

To be honest I haven’t heard that. So that’s a good question. I can’t think of anyone recently that left and went to a lesser job. I mean if that is true then I would say that’s more on that person not the parents. I mean you are always gonna have conflict with parents in my opinion no matter where you go. Even the nicest coaches or the best coaches deal with that. I guess what I am saying is nobody generally leaves a coaching job because of the parents and if they do they are not made out for coaching in my opinion. Plus sometimes the truth gets bent when a coach leaves so I’m not saying your friend is wrong on the reason but sometimes you never know what gets out.

But ya youth coaches seem to come and go even when the varsity coaches are there for a while. Ya you could include soccer if you want but that doesn’t really go through the school and usually you just have parents coaching down there. So ya as far as I can remember only a few coaches were asked not to come back. Everyone else just left on their own terms which is why I never understood the criticism. But oh well.
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users