Week 6 Know It Alls

2 replies to this topic

#1 Rocketcorner News

All District

• Contributing Member
  • 400 posts

Member No.: 6453

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

How time flies when you're having fun. The season is half over and now the playoff push begins. Many big games this week and we are gonna pick the winners. Mr Baker from the Findlay Courier is gradually pulling away from the pack. Lets see how he does this week......

Results from week 5.

Jordan Strack- 9-0....Yes I typed 9... Strack forgot to pick the LCC-Jefferson game. I'm betting he would've missed that one anyway......

Jamie Baker- 9-1

Kyle Timmons- 8-2
Josh Morgret- 8-2

ROCKETMAN- 7-3
Tim McDonough- 7-3

Eric Kastner- 6-4

Joel Miller- 5-5
Dave Boninsegna- 5-5
Kevin Oberhaus- 5-5

OVERALL

Jamie Baker- 38-12

Jordan Strack- 34-15

ROCKETMAN- 34-16
Kyle Timmons- 34-16
Josh Morgret- 34-16

Kevin Oberhaus- 31-19
Tim McDonough- 31-19

Eric Kastner- 30-20
Joel Miller- 30-20

Dave Boninsegna- 27-21

Week 6 Match ups

4-1 St Francis @ 5-0 Central Catholic
5-0 Perkins @ 5-0 Clyde
4-1 Wapakoneta @ 3-2 Defiance
5-0 Wauseon @ 5-0 Bryan
4-1 Crestview @ 5-0 Jefferson
4-1 PH @ 3-2 Delta
4-1 Spencerville @ 3-2 LCC
3-2 Wynford @ 5-0 Upper Sandusky
5-0 Arlington @ 4-1 McComb
5-0 Lake @ 3-2 Eastwood

Jamie Baker....The Pied Piper

Central Catholic over St. Francis - Central is the cream of the crop in the
TRAC this season.

Clyde over Perkins - Fliers' defense gives them an edge.

Wapakoneta over Defiance - Taking the Redskins in a WBL classic.

Bryan over Wauseon - Bryan has been unstoppable this year. Winner punches
their playoff ticket.

Jefferson over Crestview - Delphos Jefferson's win last week over LCC won me
over.

Patrick Henry over Delta - Patriots need a win with games against Wauseon,
Bryan and Archbold looming.

LCC over Spencerville - Bearcats don't have the horses to ground the
Thunderbirds.

Upper Sandusky over Wynford - Rammies ready for first and last NCC win over
Wynford.

Arlington over McComb - Looking forward to next week's nonconference test
for Arlington at Liberty Center.

Eastwood over Lake - Guess we'll find out how the Eagles rebound after last
week's crushing loss to Genoa.

Jordan Strack.....Rat #1

CCHS- A good chance to SF to prove they're for real..but the Irish are too much..

CLYDE- Starting to get some statewide recognition...this is a tough test but I think they'll pass with flying colors...

DEFIANCE- They proved they're legit with a dominating win over O-G.

BRYAN- Will be a fun game..it's a definite measuring stick for Wauseon but Bryan is too good..

JEFFERSON- Could be an epic game...just flipped a coin..

PATRICK HENRY- Delta is better...but not this good...sets up PH-Bryan for the NWOAL crown next week..

SPENCERVILLE- not totally completely sold on this...just taking a chance..

UPPER SANDUSKY- They've been blowing everyone out..interesting to see how they handle a tight game..

ARLINGTON- They've been flat out silly...they've allowed just 27 points ALL SEASON!! Their offense puts up video game numbers.

EASTWOOD- I want to say Lake is for real...but I don't think they're physical enough to play in a game like this..

ROCKETMAN.....Rat #2

5-0 Central Catholic.........too much firepower for the Knights
5-0 Clyde........................Flyin' high into the playoffs
4-1 Wapakoneta..............will be much closer than most people think.........16-14 'skins
5-0 Bryan.......................shoot-out at the OK corral with Bryan being golden this week
5-0 Jefferson...................Jeffcats can't allow a let-down after last week's big win
4-1 PH...........................I bet against the Patriots earlier this year.....not this time
3-2 LCC.........................if LCC gets beat this week, I will eat my hat!
5-0 Upper Sandusky.......going against the Royals is probably not a very smart thing on my part......but
5-0 Arlington .................best game around, and one the RM will be going to with a few of the regulars...
5-0 Lake........................another toss up game, going with the hot hand

Kyle Timmons.....Rat #3

Central Catholic says a few more Hail Mary's this week and Kizer's Irish move to 6-0. Toledo C.C. 42, St. Francis 8.

Sandusky Perkins goes on the road and gets a huge upset. Pirates 35, Clyde 28.

Wapakoneta also goes on the road for a win. Wapa 39, Defiance 20.

Wauseon is another road warrior this weekend. Wauseon 30, Bryan 24.

Delphos Jefferson takes care of business. DJ 28, Crestview 21.

PH handles Delta. PH 42, Delta 28.

Lima CC with a win over Spencerville. Lima CC 41, Spencerville 14.

Arlington easily. Arlington 46, McComb 21.

Lake takes down Eastwood. Lake 35, Eastwood 22.

Upper over Wynford.

Josh Morgret.....Rat #4

Toledo Central Catholic... I think Kizer has a good game, shreds the St. Francis defense apart and TCC moves to 6-0.

Clyde... This game should be a dandy! I seen Clyde beat up on Bellevue and Perkins' results have been impressive but I think Clyde gets it done at home.

Wapakoneta... Defiance had a big win last week over Ottawa-Glandorf but I think Wapak wins a close one.

Bryan... Another dandy of a game here. Bryan wins but it won't be easy.

Jefferson... I like Jefferson at home. They look to be playoff bound.

Patrick Henry... PH wins big here on the road.

Lima Central Catholic... I want to take Spencerville here but think LCC gets it done, in a close one.

Upper Sandusky... The Rams win over a tough Wynford squad.

Arlington... Arlington is the class of a weak Region 24 and they win comfortably here.

Lake... I went back and forth on this one but I think Lake shows they're for real with a win here. Rettig puts up big numbers in the win.

Kevin Oberhaus.....Rat #5

No frills today...just winners

Central Catholic over St Francis
Perkins over Clyde
Wapak over Defiance
Bryan over Wauseon
Jefferson over Crestview
PH over Delta
LCC over Spencerville
Upper over Wynford
Arlington over McComb
Eastwood over Lake

Tim McDonough.....Rat #6

4-1 St Francis @ 5-0 Central Catholic - What a matchup in the TRAC this week. St. Francis can score, but they won't score enough to beat the Irish this week.

5-0 Perkins @ 5-0 Clyde - Something's gotten give in the marquee battle in the Sandusky Bay Conference this week. This one is a very tough pick, but my coin says Perkins slips past Clyde.

4-1 Wapakoneta @ 3-2 Defiance - The best game in the Western Buckeye League is important for both clubs. Defiance needs it more though, and I think the Bulldogs will play desperate and find a way to get it done.

5-0 Wauseon @ 5-0 Bryan - Offensive firepower galore all over the field in this NWOAL showdown. I think Bryan has just a little bit more and will get the victory over the Indians.

4-1 Crestview @ 5-0 Jefferson - An NWC battle that should be fun to watch. Crestview's only loss came to Wayne Trace which can score. Jefferson can score a lot too and they'll score enough to down the Knights.

4-1 PH @ 3-2 Delta - Mike Vicars has the Delta program coming along nicely, but his Panthers can't match Patrick Henry's offensive weapons. Bill Inselmann and Company are your winners.

4-1 Spencerville @ 3-2 LCC - I've been a little disappointed in LCC, but I can't go against them. I'll take the T-Birds to win.

3-2 Wynford @ 5-0 Upper Sandusky - Upper Sandusky is on a roll and Wynford won't be able to stop it. Upper Sandusky is my pick.

5-0 Arlington @ 4-1 McComb - A pair of BVC teams that are just lighting up the scoreboard, where have I said that before? I'll tacke McComb to hand Arlington its first loss of 2013.

5-0 Lake @ 3-2 Eastwood - Eastwood's losses have come to two very good teams (Clyde, Genoa). Has Lake's schedule so far prepared it for this game? I'm not so sure to I'll take Eastwood to send Lake to 5-1.

Joel Miller.....Rat #7

4-1 St Francis @ 5-0 Central Catholic Central Catholic - Toss up game, but I see CC in the end.
5-0 Perkins @ 5-0 Clyde Clyde - huge game, I'll take the Fliers
4-1 Wapakoneta @ 3-2 Defiance Wapak - these guys are for real.
5-0 Wauseon @ 5-0 Bryan Bryan - Wauseon can get a win here, but I just think Bryan is too much.
4-1 Crestview @ 5-0 Jefferson Jefferson - I've been wrong on Jeff before, so I'm hopping on the bandwagon late.

4-1 PH @ 3-2 Delta PH - Delta's a riser, but Patrick Henry will stay on a roll.
4-1 Spencerville @ 3-2 LCC LCC - bounce back game for the T-birds.
3-2 Wynford @ 5-0 Upper Sandusky Wynford - toss up game for me.
5-0 Arlington @ 4-1 McComb Arlington - this win would move them up big time.
5-0 Lake @ 3-2 Eastwood Eastwood - toss up game here, too.

Eric Kastner.....Rat #8

4-1 St Francis @ 5-0 Central Catholic- I don't think this game is as close as some may think. I will take Central Catholic here and by 3 scores.

5-0 Perkins @ 5-0 Clyde - I'm taking Clyde and their tough defense.

4-1 Wapakoneta @ 3-2 Defiance - Wapak in a nail-biter

5-0 Wauseon @ 5-0 Bryan - I'm taking the Golden Bears of Brian in a close one.

4-1 Crestview @ 5-0 Jefferson - Jefferson has a heck of a team this year. The Wildcats continue their unbeaten season.

4-1 PH @ 3-2 Delta - PH takes this one by two scores.

4-1 Spencerville @ 3-2 LCC- I like LCC and their strength of schedule.

3-2 Wynford @ 5-0 Upper Sandusky - Wynford hasn't been the same since Brause left for Kentucky a few years back. Upper continues their unblemished record this fall.

5-0 Arlington @ 4-1 McComb - Hopefully, Arlington isn't looking ahead to that week 10 matchup against LB. If not, look for them to beat McComb and roll to week 10.

5-0 Lake @ 3-2 Eastwood - This is a tough one to chose from. I'm going to go with Lake, as they seem to have a better defense.

Dave Boninsegna.....Rat #9

4-1 St Francis @ 5-0 Central Catholic
Both teams ranked #1 in their division, so this could be a toss up. But i will take the 5-0 TCC.

5-0 Perkins @ 5-0 Clyde
Clyde is coming off a 63-28 beating of St Marys CC; Perkins had a easy win themselves. Perkins averages more points a game that Clyde and gives up less. Doing that math I will go with Perkins.

4-1 Wapakoneta @ 3-2 Defiance
Defiance had a big win over OG last week and will carry that into this week to beat Wapak.

5-0 Wauseon @ 5-0 Bryan
Battle of the unbeatens, but I will go with the home team.

4-1 Crestview @ 5-0 Jefferson
I think that Jefferson is for real and proves it against Cview.

4-1 PH @ 3-2 Delta
PH having another great year this year, they knotch win number five on the road.

4-1 Spencerville @ 3-2 LCC
LCC is playing for their playoff lives, sorry to say for my friend tiger..but LCC despite the 'Cats with a better record.

3-2 Wynford @ 5-0 Upper Sandusky
Upper has racked up the points in their past three games and should have more of the same this week.

5-0 Arlington @ 4-1 McComb
Arlington is quick and love to showcase their speed, they run all over the Panthers.

5-0 Lake @ 3-2 Eastwood
Lake is averaging about 50 points per game and despite a good win for Eastwood over PH last week, Lake should roll again.

#2 calvert_alum

All District

• Members
  • 375 posts

Member No.: 9075

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

Shouldn't you just give them a loss for missing a game? That way everyone has the same amount of games picked in the overall standings. Just a thought ..
follow me on twitter @EKastner24

#3 Rocketcorner News

All District

• Contributing Member
  • 400 posts

Member No.: 6453

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

I've thought about that and it was brought up. Probably will just do that retroactively starting next week.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users