36 replies to this topic

#21 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 8,946 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:28 PM

View PostJAB, on 17 March 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

Will Ottoville ever get over the hump? Tough losing a key player to injury.

Lost a key player, but all season I read where one player wasnít what this team was about......any one player could step up and score 20......this team completely collapsed and lost composure after Landin went out.....I thought maybe a time out at a crucial time might have helped to stop the bleeding......I just feel bad for the girls!!!!!!

#22 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,157 posts

Member No.: 8871

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:17 PM

View Postflounder, on 17 March 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

Lost a key player, but all season I read where one player wasn't what this team was about......any one player could step up and score 20......this team completely collapsed and lost composure after Landin went out.....I thought maybe a time out at a crucial time might have helped to stop the bleeding......I just feel bad for the girls!!!!!!

Flounder....no, one player doesn't make this team....but taking one player completely out of the picture against a team like Minster would put any team at a huge disadvantage. This is the second post where you seem to be "hinting" at your reason for Ottoville not having a state title. You might as well just go ahead and say it....everyone could use a laugh :) Ottoville lost to Minster by 1 at Minster in January. Take away any one of Ottoville's starting 5 in that game.....or do the same for Minster and I think you get the same result as you got today

#23 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

View Postcharliesheen, on 17 March 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

Flounder....no, one player doesn't make this team....but taking one player completely out of the picture against a team like Minster would put any team at a huge disadvantage. This is the second post where you seem to be "hinting" at your reason for Ottoville not having a state title. You might as well just go ahead and say it....everyone could use a laugh :) Ottoville lost to Minster by 1 at Minster in January. Take away any one of Ottoville's starting 5 in that game.....or do the same for Minster and I think you get the same result as you got today

Ottoville lost because Minster had better and more guards. End of story no matter what you all say. Have a great off season. 2nd best is better that anything but first. Can't complain.

#24 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 8,946 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:30 PM

Relax Charlie.....not trying to be funny, but I bet I could debate you and maybe convince you on some things....but, it is high school sports....also, no one is to blame here....Ottoville was blown out by 15!!!!!

#25 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

View Postflounder, on 17 March 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Relax Charlie.....not trying to be funny, but I bet I could debate you and maybe convince you on some things....but, it is high school sports....also, no one is to blame here....Ottoville was blown out by 15!!!!!

Well letís not exaggerate. The game was much closer than the score indicates. Either way I think with Landin this team was better than Minster. Any time Landin was off the floor, Minster was clicking. Losing your best player at the end will hurt any team.
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#26 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

I do agree with you on that Charlie about the team

Edited by Mysterio, 17 March 2018 - 04:39 PM.

#27 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 8,946 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

View PostMysterio, on 17 March 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Well letís not exaggerate. The game was much closer than the score indicates. Either way I think with Landin this team was better than Minster. Any time Landin was off the floor, Minster was clicking. Losing your best player at the end will hurt any team.

Sterio.....

I agree with most of your post, but feel that Minster was the better team.....Landin going down really hurt, but all was not lost...a time out possibly could have stopped the bleeding, but everything just got out of control.....canít really fault anyone, but just would love to see a state championship for the girls sake!!!!

#28 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

View Postvon, on 17 March 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

Ottoville lost because Minster had better and more guards. End of story no matter what you all say. Have a great off season. 2nd best is better that anything but first. Can't complain.

Well based on the outcome, Ottoville lost because they didnít have their best player on the floor at the end. If they did and still lost then maybe you could make that case. Iíve always said, a Ottoville may or may not have the better guards, but they were more than capable of beating that team with what they have. Again losing your best player will hurt anyoneís chances. Hard to adjust with an unexpected incident. But I guess thatís why you prepare or should prepare for situations like that.

#29 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

View Postflounder, on 17 March 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

Sterio.....

I agree with most of your post, but feel that Minster was the better team.....Landin going down really hurt, but all was not lost...a time out possibly could have stopped the bleeding, but everything just got out of control.....canít really fault anyone, but just would love to see a state championship for the girls sake!!!!

Ya I mean these 2 teams were so equal that you can make the case for either.

Ya with as many times as they have been there and the good teams they have had, for the girls and fans sake. But they just havenít been good enough to win it despite whether you think they were the better team or not. Which goes back to what we may possibly be on the same page about.

#30 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 8,946 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

Sterio.....

Minster did have some pretty good guards....Ivy Wolf is only a frosh and I thought she might not handle the heat, but I was wrong!!!!!

#31 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:06 PM

View Postflounder, on 17 March 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Sterio.....

Minster did have some pretty good guards....Ivy Wolf is only a frosh and I thought she might not handle the heat, but I was wrong!!!!!

Oh Im aware. Sheís a nice player for a freshman. Thereís no doubt about that.

#32 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,822 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:46 AM

Here is this week's (boys version) of lazy journalism brought to you by the Lima News: http://www.limaohio....t-time-at-state

The courier didn't even bother with an article, just a photo and caption for their space filler.
http://thecourier.co...ign-of-support/

#33 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:20 PM

View PostMysterio, on 17 March 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

But they just haven’t been good enough to win it despite whether you think they were the better team or not. Which goes back to what we may possibly be on the same page about.
I think flounder once said it was a reflection of the community. What I can tell you is that last year the current junior parents blamed the seniors for the loss. Immediately after the Hiland shocker I went over to see a friend of mine and 10 feet away a group of people were blaming the seniors. My friend looked at me and said 2 words, sophomore parents.

#34 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:29 AM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 21 March 2018 - 09:20 PM, said:

I think flounder once said it was a reflection of the community. What I can tell you is that last year the current junior parents blamed the seniors for the loss. Immediately after the Hiland shocker I went over to see a friend of mine and 10 feet away a group of people were blaming the seniors. My friend looked at me and said 2 words, sophomore parents.

Honestly thatís not what I was thinking. Flounder always thinks itís a reflection of that community. Lmao. Itís not the community. Donít get me wrong some parents can be very wacky. But thatís everywhere. It doesnít define the community becsuse itís a common thing.

Edited by Mysterio, 22 March 2018 - 11:52 AM.

#35 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 8,946 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:54 AM

View PostMysterio, on 22 March 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

Flounder always thinks itís a reflection of that community. Lmao. Itís not the community. You are always gonna have those parents that feel that way every where else.

Sterio......

There are times when it is a reflection of the community, but sometimes it is that certain group of fans that all communities have.....I know that myself as a fan would never blame the players.......the players want that win more than anybody.......I have also seen some real bone head moves by coaches that defy logic, so there is always enough blame to pass around if people want to!!!!!!!!!

#36 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

View Postflounder, on 22 March 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Sterio......

There are times when it is a reflection of the community, but sometimes it is that certain group of fans that all communities have.....I know that myself as a fan would never blame the players.......the players want that win more than anybody.......I have also seen some real bone head moves by coaches that defy logic, so there is always enough blame to pass around if people want to!!!!!!!!!

I get that and agree with you there. Iím just taking about if a couple fans are acting one way that it doesnít define the entire community as a whole is what I am saying. To me it just speaks volume of that person.

#37 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:48 PM

Anybody here any news about Ottoville's scrimmage at Bryan with Bryan & Eastwood tonight? Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users