How are the Detroit Tigers gonna do this year?

12 replies to this topic

#1 viking06

• Members
  • 15 posts

Member No.: 588

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:01 PM

Are the Tigers gonna make a shot to .500 or even over .500??? could they maybe come in 2nd in the division???

#2 MCguy

All State

• Members
  • 909 posts

Member No.: 103

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:12 PM

They sure wanted to last year. It seems every year they get close and then go on a skid. I think it is very possible this year.

#3 ajax

All District

• Members
  • 236 posts

Member No.: 219

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:50 PM

they could have a chance if there wasnt divisional play. they have to play so many games against the indians, white sox, and twins. they will have a tough time reaching .500 against that competition. guillen needs to get over his injuries and kenny rogers needs to regain his first half form of last year and also control his temper. they need ordonez to play at least 120-130 games. their young pitchers like bonderman and verlander need to show up too.

#4 VikingFan

All State

• Members
  • 599 posts

Member No.: 31

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:08 AM

I think the Twins are going to be down this year. The Tigers have a decent team, I'm pulling for them to make it to .500 this year. I think they can and should be right around .500. Jim Leyland is a very good manager so I don't look for this years Tiger team to have bad slumps and look like the teams of the last 10 years.

The Indians had a good season last year but it took a career year from almost everyone on the team to do it. Either all those guys are that good or it was just a one year thing. (I'm hoping it was a one year thing)

White Sox
Indians
Tigers
Twins
Royals
is how I see the central playing out this year.

#5 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:05 AM

I h tink they will be decent this year...I feel they are 10-15 games above 500..I could see them winning 75-80 games as well....
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#6 the wanna-be

All League

• Members
  • 67 posts

Member No.: 322

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:43 PM

I think they will finish fourth in the central. They need to improve a lot on their offense but they have some good young pitching

#7 belmoreboys

All State

• Members
  • 703 posts

Member No.: 334

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:47 PM

things are acually starting to look up for the tigers now but they are still gonna get beat by Clevland woooooooooooot
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

#8 corbin manager

All League

• Members
  • 68 posts

Member No.: 382

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:21 PM

Not a chance i dont see anyone even close to the INDIANS!!!!!!!!!!

#9 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:41 AM

Like the Mgr. even though I was a Trammel fan when he played. But as a business can see why we have Jim.
Haven't followed free agency much this past winter...any good additions or info? With out stats to back me up though...I feel Detroit should be at .500 or a little above this year just based on what I saw last year. I know record wise they did'nt show it, but I liked some flashes of promise. Just need to get more sticks to help with offense.

#10 VikingFan

All State

• Members
  • 599 posts

Member No.: 31

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:50 AM

ADog,
They did very little in free agency this off season. The only additions of note are Todd Jones (yes that Todd Jones that used to pitch for the Tigers, I think he's about 40 now)
And Kenny Rogers the get that camera out of my face pitcher from the Rangers.
I think the whole season depends on how the young pitching develops and if Mags and others can stay healthy enough to score some runs.

#11 The Gunner

All League

• Members
  • 82 posts

Member No.: 515

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:47 PM

i have been a Detroit Tigers fan all my life, this year i feel that the TIgers are gonna be in the top 3 this year no doubt, with the new GM, he did manage the Worls Series Champs Marlens, so u never no i cant wait to see our new pitcher Kenny Rogers, not the old singer, the camara hatter

GO TIGERS biggrin.gif

#12 viking06

• Members
  • 15 posts

Member No.: 588

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(corbin manager @ Mar 8 2006, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not a chance i dont see anyone even close to the INDIANS!!!!!!!!!!

wow the indians had one good season with everyone having career seasons .... not gonna happen again this year ..... they lost coco crisp ....bad mistake.... tigers can beat indians

#13 ajax

All District

• Members
  • 236 posts

Member No.: 219

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:54 PM

of course they have the potential...who expected the white sox to win the world series at the beginning of last season? the tigers definitly have some if not most of the pieces they need. a lot of the equation is simply avoiding injuries. they have several key players who happen to be injury prone. ordonez, pudge, guillen, and young. these four guys all need to stay healthy in order for the tigers to do anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users