Tigers/Indians

4 replies to this topic

#1 fortfan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Member No.: 3645

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

Yesterdays Tigers/Indians game was one for the ages. Indians had already lost 8 in a row, and being greedy, I expected them to lay down and let the Tigers roll. It wasn't happening as the Indians took an early lead, but the Tigers kept battling back. The back and forth game went to the 9th tied 5-5. I thought the Tigers would win it after Jackson led off the 9th with a triple. Somebody had to get a hit,, a sac fly or even a suicide squeeze to win it….but it didn't happen. When the Indians exploded for 3 runs in the top of the tenth, my temper got the best of me. I turned the game off and went out for a bike ride. When I came back I saw on Facebook that the Tigers rallied with 5 in the bottom of the 10th-winning on Miguel Cabrera's walk-off home run.

First time ever the Indians lost all 9 games on a road trip.

Tigers need to stay hot against Yankees and Rangers now to keep pace with the freaking White Sox who seem to rarely lose.

Will heads roll in the Indians front office or is Dolan too cheap to make any changes?

Still can't believe I missed it!!!

#2 roarintiger1

All State

• Members
  • 834 posts

Member No.: 769

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

I watched the whole game on TV. The Detroit announcers commented that there had to be many, many fans kicking themselves for leaving the game early. I would've loved to hear the Indians broadcaster Tom Hamilton's call of that last inning

#3 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

I went back and listened to Hamilton's call later, figuring he'd be like normal and act like nothing was going on. You could hear the excitement in his voice though(obviously not happy excitement, but he was definitely shocked).

The whole game was great, but that finish was just unbelievable. I will admit I about gave up on it after we couldn't score with the bases loaded and 1 out in the 9th and then giving up 3 in the 10th. REALLY gave up when Perez got 2 easy outs. Glad I kept it on TV though.

I just wish I would have gone to that game instead of Saturday nights, especially since I went with my best friend who's an Indian fan. The car ride home Saturday was peaceful.....have a feeling yesterday wouldn't have been!

#4 RWB 71

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Member No.: 414

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

I must confess I gave up on the Tigers that night and turned off the radio after the second out in the 10th inning. Maybe I jinxed Detroit when I tuned in during the ninth evening and deserved to miss that exciting come back!

#5 rstefosu07

All District

• Members
  • 349 posts

Member No.: 3302

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Best game I ever went to. Glad I stayed til the end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users