NWC Drops LCC?

35 replies to this topic

#1 Passion

All District

• Members
  • 107 posts

Member No.: 6908

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

The rumor is that the NWC voted to drop(kick out) LCC. I realize that the NWC is traditionally weaker, and most years cannot match up to LCC level of play. But doesn't kicking a good team out of your league usually hurt the level of competition of the league in the long run? Any idea where they will go? I have heard they applied to the WBL but they wouldnt take them. They are annually a good team. Why are they having so much trouble finding a league?

#2 MCguy

All State

• Members
  • 909 posts

Member No.: 103

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

HAHA, Rumor? Where have you been? This was covered extensively on here and on TV months ago.

#3 paynepanthers

All State

• Members
  • 589 posts

Member No.: 3270

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Posted Image

Edited by paynepanthers, 13 February 2012 - 07:31 AM.

#4 polkhigh33

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Member No.: 5318

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

Lincoln shot!!
Always a watchful eyes on those Tiffin Calvert Senecas, Marion Local Flyers, Fort Loramie Redskins , New Albany Eagles.

#5 bubbatime

All District

• Members
  • 218 posts

Member No.: 4255

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

We've landed on the moon!!!!!!

#6 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostPassion, on 13 February 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

The rumor is that the NWC voted to drop(kick out) LCC. I realize that the NWC is traditionally weaker, and most years cannot match up to LCC level of play. But doesn't kicking a good team out of your league usually hurt the level of competition of the league in the long run? Any idea where they will go? I have heard they applied to the WBL but they wouldnt take them. They are annually a good team. Why are they having so much trouble finding a league?

Uhhhhh, really....where did you hear that......sounds like a LCC hater starting a rumor!!!!!

#7 Passion

All District

• Members
  • 107 posts

Member No.: 6908

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Haha. My apologies. I looked through like three pages to find a topic on it. Must have over looked it. Still curious as to where everyone thinks they will go. And why thy were dropped.

#8 osufan512

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Member No.: 3727

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostPassion, on 13 February 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

Haha. My apologies. I looked through like three pages to find a topic on it. Must have over looked it. Still curious as to where everyone thinks they will go. And why thy were dropped.

They were dropped from the league for all sports, the primary contributors being football and boys basketball to the decision though. The league felt like it wasn't a good "fit" for their schools to compete with a school that is in a city of 30,000 plus people and that their athletes felt like they were competing for second place all the time. LCC will be fine in basketball because there are 20 games and everyone needs non league games. Football is where they may struggle to fill their schedule. If you want to see a lot more on the topic head over to the football forum on here. It's loaded with all types of information and opinions.

Also, personally, I believe they will remain independent for quite some time. Hope I'm wrong though.

#9 One4Pars

All League

• Members
  • 47 posts

Member No.: 7140

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

I heard over the weekend that they may be joining the MAC in a couple years. Last I heard the MAC was not interested. Anybody know any more about this? Just a Rumor?

#10 clutch

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Member No.: 2940

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostOne4Pars, on 13 February 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I heard over the weekend that they may be joining the MAC in a couple years. Last I heard the MAC was not interested. Anybody know any more about this? Just a Rumor?

I know lcc talked to the mac about a possible scheduling contract without being part of the conference but I would say you heard a rumor.
"You're a mess"

#11 NW Ohio Guy

All District

• Members
  • 170 posts

Member No.: 5033

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

the conference contract requires LCC to continue to play the NWC teams for like another year or 2.

> playing for second place? In that case the BVC should drop Findlay-Liberty Benton! They have all but like 4/5 ALL SPORTS AWARDS for like 20 years. All the schools in the conference are a lower division. Findlay-Liberty Benton's High School enrollment doubles or triples the enrollment of all the other schools,besides (Findlay) Van Buren. Findlay Liberty Benton's enrollment is even 5.4 times bigger than one high school of the league! :no: So why have a big school cream all these little schools and have undefeated seasons and be state ranked for doing so, when you can have Liberty Benton put in to the WBL and play some schools their own size! :clap:

#12 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

The british are coming!
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#13 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostOne4Pars, on 13 February 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I would think that is just a rumor.....I can't see the MAC taking them in.....not because they wouldn't be a good fit, and the MAC would not be afraid of what they bring to the conference.....unlike the NWC......it is just that the MAC is set, and remains very stable as is!!!!!!

#14 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostNW Ohio Guy, on 14 February 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

the conference contract requires LCC to continue to play the NWC teams for like another year or 2.

> playing for second place? In that case the BVC should drop Findlay-Liberty Benton! They have all but like 4/5 ALL SPORTS AWARDS for like 20 years. All the schools in the conference are a lower division. Findlay-Liberty Benton's High School enrollment doubles or triples the enrollment of all the other schools,besides (Findlay) Van Buren. Findlay Liberty Benton's enrollment is even 5.4 times bigger than one high school of the league! :no: So why have a big school cream all these little schools and have undefeated seasons and be state ranked for doing so, when you can have Liberty Benton put in to the WBL and play some schools their own size! :clap:

LB is D5. The WBL is a D2-4 league. They're no where close to a similar size.

If LIberty Benton were to ever leave the BVC, their fits would be the NWC or MAYBE the NWOAL.....

Edited by dhsdawg06, 14 February 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#15 paynepanthers

All State

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

In regards to Boy's enrollment (OHSAA figures) Liberty-Benton is at 160. Wapakoneta (largest WBL boy's enrollment) is at 359 Ottawa-Glandorf (smallest WBL boy's enrollment) is at 208. Liberty-Benton would be a better fit for the NWC. They would be the second largest school in the NWC to Paulding's 185.

Edited by paynepanthers, 14 February 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#16 Dman

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,940 posts

Member No.: 1225

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

I would think that is just a rumor.....I can't see the MAC taking them in.....not because they wouldn't be a good fit, and the MAC would not be afraid of what they bring to the conference.....unlike the NWC......it is just that the MAC is set, and remains very stable as is!!!!!

This is the reason it was so stupid for the NWC to EVER take LCC in. They should have denied LCC entrance like the MAC did back then...and continues to do today.

It was entirely predictable that supporters from area conferences would use this as PR banter. It is not without notice that this side of one Ada poster, and LCC fan themselves...all support for LCC remaining in the conference came from outside the conference. The very same conferences that could take LCC as a free agent this moment...but refuse to do so.

I guess you could say kudos to the NWC for at least trying. But I still think it was the adults responsibility to protect their fighters. I'll always blame the NWC administrations who allowed this fiasco. Every other area conference, particularly the MAC, has protected their fighters from dealing with the area anomaly.

The bravado sounds nice and all...and I have no doubt DSJ's would like LCC in the mix. But it is obvious the rest of the conference wants nothing to do with the T-birds either. If they were truly "up for the challenge" they would take LCC in a heart beat.
I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

#17 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostNW Ohio Guy, on 14 February 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Since size of school has so much advantage, go check and see how many all sports awards Wapakeneta has won in the last 20 years.

#18 Emerson

All State

• Members
  • 721 posts

Member No.: 6986

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

Can't wait to see some scores ol' coach Coop drops in the next 2 years on some of the not-so-competitive competition...

#19 paynepanthers

All State

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostEmerson, on 15 February 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Can't wait to see some scores ol' coach Coop drops in the next 2 years on some of the not-so-competitive competition...

That would do nothing but justify the reasons that some felt they had in asking LCC to leave the league. A display of poor sportsmanship is just that, poor sportsmanship. I personally had hoped that LCC could have remained a part of the NWC but the decision has been made. LCC will remain successful wherever they end up wether in a new league or as an independent.

#20 LimaJock

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,830 posts

Member No.: 1673

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

View Postdhsdawg06, on 14 February 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

LB is D5. The WBL is a D2-4 league. They're no where close to a similar size.

If LIberty Benton were to ever leave the BVC, their fits would be the NWC or MAYBE the NWOAL.....

So are you saying Liberty Benton would be the Vanlue of the WBL? Just asking?

LJ
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users