Colt Pettit Patrick Henry

48 replies to this topic

#1 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Member No.: 3612

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

The younger brother of former PH standout Cody Pettit is just entering his sophomore year. At 6'4 235lbs, he is already gathering some major looks from big programs.

Colt was invited to the Elite Prospects Combine, which took place last weekend in Oklahoma. The Elite Combine is put on by the National Underclassmen Combine and only the top 15 Prospects from the class of 2014 from the Elite 100 in Indianapolis were invited. Colt is already being recruited by several MAC and Big 10 schools and will being receiving his first offer from a MAC school in September when he goes for an unofficial visit.

Colt's father has said that he is #3 on OSU's 2014 recruiting board and #6 on Michigan State's. Take that for what its worth as he claims to have seen the board when in the offices.

This PH fan/alum was worried we might lose this great player as I was told Mr Pettit's contract as the High School principal was not renewed. Then I was also informed that he was headed to Hamilton. But as of yesterday I got confirmation that he is indeed at PH practices which is great news.

On a side note, PH also has anther promnising youngster which could get D1 offers. Jake Carrizales. 6'2 230lb Jr.
Follow me for scores and other sports news. www.twitter.com/kevinoberhaus

#2 fiver

All State

• Members
  • 980 posts

Member No.: 5734

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (oberhaus @ Jul 27 2011, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The younger brother of former PH standout Cody Pettit is just entering his sophomore year. At 6'4 235lbs, he is already gathering some major looks from big programs.

Colt was invited to the Elite Prospects Combine, which took place last weekend in Oklahoma. The Elite Combine is put on by the National Underclassmen Combine and only the top 15 Prospects from the class of 2014 from the Elite 100 in Indianapolis were invited. Colt is already being recruited by several MAC and Big 10 schools and will being receiving his first offer from a MAC school in September when he goes for an unofficial visit.

Colt's father has said that he is #3 on OSU's 2014 recruiting board and #6 on Michigan State's. Take that for what its worth as he claims to have seen the board when in the offices.

This PH fan/alum was worried we might lose this great player as I was told Mr Pettit's contract as the High School principal was not renewed. Then I was also informed that he was headed to Hamilton. But as of yesterday I got confirmation that he is indeed at PH practices which is great news.

On a side note, PH also has anther promnising youngster which could get D1 offers. Jake Carrizales. 6'2 230lb Jr.

What position does he play?

#3 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:01 PM

Sorry. He is a lineman. Not sure if he went both ways last year. Carrizales is a DE/TE.

#4 GreenMachine

All State

• Members
  • 667 posts

Member No.: 5525

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

Sounds like most of this info came from the kid's dad?

#5 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:51 AM

The parts about being on the boards of OSU & MSU are. But Colt being recruited is not a secret. Cody is at Central Michigan. I expect Colt to go bigger then that. I will get more info once the season starts.

#6 Buckshot

All District

• Members
  • 318 posts

Member No.: 6461

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:24 PM

If he is only going to be a sophmore, doesn't he have to play the game first!!!!

#7 RWB 71

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Member No.: 414

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

Doesn't Jake have a brother that going to be a freshman that also has great size and quick feet too?

#8 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (RWB 71 @ Aug 1 2011, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't Jake have a brother that going to be a freshman that also has great size and quick feet too?

Yes he does. I talked to his dad this weekend. Toledo, Bowling Green, Akron and Youngstown State have all been in contact with the family. Plus they have been asked to submit a video to Michigan. Jake will not be playing tight end this year. He will be defensive end in offensive guard. Toledo wants Jake has a linebacker. The younger brother who's name escapes me might see some time on varsity.

#9 floyd90

All League

• Members
  • 88 posts

Member No.: 828

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

i believe jake's brother is Caleb

#10 RWB 71

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

Caleb, that "rings a bell", thanks for the "assist"! wink.gif

#11 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

Colt got his first official offer from BGSU. He is also attending workouts at Cincinnati, Indiana, Purdue and Kentucky in the next month.

#12 RWB 71

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Congrats to Colt, his hard work is already starting to pay dividends.

#13 Ihatesoccer

All District

• Members
  • 160 posts

Member No.: 3741

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

View Postoberhaus, on 01 March 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

Colt got his first official offer from BGSU. He is also attending workouts at Cincinnati, Indiana, Purdue and Kentucky in the next month.
good luck

#14 Voice_of_reason

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Member No.: 9183

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Where did this information on colt come from his dad? The same man who was let go as the prinicpal of the high school his son was playing for. How reliable is that. By the way I believe Cody is no longer playing for Central. Colt maybe a good player but I think the Hype might be a little high.

#15 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostVoice_of_reason, on 06 March 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

Where did this information on colt come from his dad? The same man who was let go as the prinicpal of the high school his son was playing for. How reliable is that. By the way I believe Cody is no longer playing for Central. Colt maybe a good player but I think the Hype might be a little high.

Wow. Nice post. You clearly know nothing about PH and what transpired with Mr Pettit. And as far as I know, Cody is still at Central. He was a backup this year and will be competing for a starting position this year.

#16 sportsfanatic

All League

• Members
  • 94 posts

Member No.: 4728

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostVoice_of_reason, on 06 March 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

PH has had many "good" players over the years that NEVER got a D1 offer. If a player is getting D1 offers after their soph year, I think that might indicate that someone thinks he has talent and/or potential.

Edited by sportsfanatic, 07 March 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#17 Buckshot

All District

• Members
  • 318 posts

Member No.: 6461

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

View Postoberhaus, on 06 March 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Wow. Nice post. You clearly know nothing about PH and what transpired with Mr Pettit. And as far as I know, Cody is still at Central. He was a backup this year and will be competing for a starting position this year.

What transpired with Mr. Pettit is - he was not rehired by the board as the high school principal. Through a loop hole, Mr. Pettit discovered he was elegible to be a teacher based on senority. The board elected to pay him off and say goodbye.

#18 PHDigger

All District

• Members
  • 249 posts

Member No.: 2947

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

Not after his sophmore year, during. The interest in him last year was huge. Not exactly surprising. He's got what all college programs are going towards now. Speed with size. And he's done things right by making visits and getting his name out there.

#19 sportsfanatic

All League

• Members
  • 94 posts

Member No.: 4728

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

" Another offensive lineman the OSU staff has contacted is Colt Pettit (Hamler, Ohio/Patrick Henry). The 6-foot-4 and 240-pound Pettit has been in the gun sites before and after Urban hit town. " This is from a bucknuts article yesterday. (Mr B Gets Graphic)

#20 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

View Postsportsfanatic, on 12 March 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

" Another offensive lineman the OSU staff has contacted is Colt Pettit (Hamler, Ohio/Patrick Henry). The 6-foot-4 and 240-pound Pettit has been in the gun sites before and after Urban hit town. " This is from a bucknuts article yesterday. (Mr B Gets Graphic)
I'm sure Mr. Pettit wrote that for Bucknuts and really isn't true...............

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users