Skip Baughman Stadium

63 replies to this topic

#21 redskin rowdy

All State

• Members
  • 542 posts

Member No.: 9000

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

I heard from another person this isn't the last home game ha.... SOMEONE CLEAR THIS UP

#22 maddog

All State

• Members
  • 755 posts

Member No.: 3291

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

Kind of hard to believe that they will be able to get the district's voters/taxpayers to bite off on paying for a new stadium not too long after they have been hit to pay for the grand school they now have. Things must be more prosperous in St Marys than the other towns in this part of the state.

#23 One4Pars

All League

• Members
  • 47 posts

Member No.: 7140

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

I just heard last night that the project is on hold again, due to funding issues. Sounds like most people in St. Marys would rather upgrade the facilities at Skip Baughman rather than build new.

#24 ridercpa

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Member No.: 9071

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

Funding issues? JMJ, they have no funds!!!!! Ralph has been claiming hundreds of people want to donate, yet the only $$$$$ he's gotten is from The Hall of Fame committe and only because they got money from a Hall of Famer who did not restrict its use.

Edited by ridercpa, 01 November 2011 - 12:20 PM.

#25 ridercpa

All League

• Members
  • 23 posts

Member No.: 9071

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

Buy the way, I wanted to update you all on something.

Just wanted to update you as to the football coach that our AD and BOE wanted to retain last year:
http://www.carrollk1.../fsk/athletics/
http://www.carrollco...1cc4c03286.html
http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Francis-Scott-Key-High-School-Union-Bridge-MD/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/
They did not just loose. They lost biiiiiiggggg! 0-10 for the season and scored only 13 points the last 5 games.

#26 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Member No.: 4104

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

View Postmaddog, on 28 October 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

Kind of hard to believe that they will be able to get the district's voters/taxpayers to bite off on paying for a new stadium not too long after they have been hit to pay for the grand school they now have. Things must be more prosperous in St Marys than the other towns in this part of the state.

Compared to Delphos? Delphos has arguably the worst economy and most dead society per capita in all of NW Ohio. St. Mary's, Sidney, Celina, etc are like New York City compared to Delphos in terms of economic growth and utilizing the US 33 and I 75 business. Delphos on the other hand has people selling downtown real estate for 3 times what they paid for it, while Lehmkuhle owns most all the North Downtown buildings and is doing NOTHING with them besides letting them rot away. Westrich owns the southern buildings and they rarely have business in them or if they do they are out within a year. I won't even bother getting into the "Ulm's editions" on the south side of town. That A-hole was trying to purchase the Peltier home from Adams to LEVEL IT and put in another mobile home park....unbelievable....way to boost real estate value there. All you have to do is head down to the canal museum and check out Delphos from 20, 40, 60 years ago and you can sit back and cry at it's decrepit state now. At one time, Delphos had movie theaters, businesses galore, trolley's running through the streets......now it just has vacant buildings, senior living centers, and mobile home courts.

With that being said, St. Mary's has had some issues with this stadium based on what I've heard from a few people there. They are already kind of vexed that they are "splurging" tax dollars while being in significant debt from building their new school when there is already a football stadium available.

Edited by jeffcat-bucki, 01 November 2011 - 12:12 PM.

#27 Teddy Malone

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Member No.: 3567

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

View Postridercpa, on 01 November 2011 - 11:21 AM, said:

Buy the way, I wanted to update you all on something.

Just wanted to update you as to the football coach that our AD and BOE wanted to retain last year:
http://www.carrollk1.../fsk/athletics/
http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Francis-Scott-Key-High-School-Union-Bridge-MD/Football/Varsity/Boys/2011/
They did not just loose. They lost biiiiiiggggg! 0-10 for the season and scored only 13 points the last 5 games.

If they wanted to keep him, then how did he leave? Did he just resign from any kind of community pressure? I don't remember.

#28 maddog

All State

• Members
  • 755 posts

Member No.: 3291

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

View Postjeffcat-bucki, on 01 November 2011 - 12:11 PM, said:

Compared to Delphos? Delphos has arguably the worst economy and most dead society per capita in all of NW Ohio. St. Mary's, Sidney, Celina, etc are like New York City compared to Delphos in terms of economic growth and utilizing the US 33 and I 75 business. Delphos on the other hand has people selling downtown real estate for 3 times what they paid for it, while Lehmkuhle owns most all the North Downtown buildings and is doing NOTHING with them besides letting them rot away. Westrich owns the southern buildings and they rarely have business in them or if they do they are out within a year. I won't even bother getting into the "Ulm's editions" on the south side of town. That A-hole was trying to purchase the Peltier home from Adams to LEVEL IT and put in another mobile home park....unbelievable....way to boost real estate value there. All you have to do is head down to the canal museum and check out Delphos from 20, 40, 60 years ago and you can sit back and cry at it's decrepit state now. At one time, Delphos had movie theaters, businesses galore, trolley's running through the streets......now it just has vacant buildings, senior living centers, and mobile home courts.

With that being said, St. Mary's has had some issues with this stadium based on what I've heard from a few people there. They are already kind of vexed that they are "splurging" tax dollars while being in significant debt from building their new school when there is already a football stadium available.

Been to Paulding or Montpelier lately? As bad as you think it is in Delphos, it is worse to the North. Williams and Paulding Counties are not exactly meccas for jobs or a great standard of living either.

#29 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

View Postmaddog, on 01 November 2011 - 06:02 PM, said:

Been to Paulding or Montpelier lately? As bad as you think it is in Delphos, it is worse to the North. Williams and Paulding Counties are not exactly meccas for jobs or a great standard of living either.

I've been through both but not in a few years. Delphos can "pad it's stats" by leaching off of jobs in VW(who is also crumbling) and Lima(has been crumbling) by being between the two. At the end of the day, Paulding isn't on US 30 and survives basically because it's the county seat as a farming community........Montpelier wasn't that bad when I went through it...they had a hell of a lot more business than Delphos does. Delphos has well over half the downtown completely devoid of anything....then if there is something, it's some "business" that deals with trinkets, antiques, coins, or an ebay consignment shop. They might as well put up a kiosk on 5th street selling decorative magnets while they are at it. People buy elsewhere.....Ft. Wayne or Lima.....people work elsewhere.......people get entertainment elsewhere. Delphos offers up just about zilch in anything unless it's high school athletics. You take that away and that city is more or less a ghost town. You wouldn't know otherwise if you went through the downtown on a typical day. I remember when I lived there you could walk downtown and there were at least some things to buy, see, or do and you would run into people........now you just have to go to the museum to see that.

#30 paynepanthers

All State

• Members
  • 589 posts

Member No.: 3270

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

I hope that St. Marys is able to complete their new stadium project. On a side note, as a former Paulding County resident, it seems to me that Antwerp might be the best positioned for any sort of growth in the county. There seems to be some hope that growth in eastern Allen County, Indiana might spill over into western Paulding County and the US 24 corridor might help with that. Payne, Paulding, Oakwood and Grover Hill face significant challenges with future prospects seemingly pretty limited.

#31 Eagle27

All League

• Members
  • 35 posts

Member No.: 6536

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

View PostTeddy Malone, on 01 November 2011 - 04:52 PM, said:

If they wanted to keep him, then how did he leave? Did he just resign from any kind of community pressure? I don't remember.

Rider CPA,
I'm sure the new "Field Turf" will have soccer lines put in? I heard a story once that Coach Baughman said that if they played soccer on the field that they could take his name off of the stadium. I'm sure they will play soccer on it and will keep his name on the stadium.

#32 DC/MS

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,304 posts

Member No.: 1707

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

And Skip has turned so his butt is facing upward........................rest assured.
awjeez.jpgawjeez.jpg

#33 Mo-Problems

All State

• Members
  • 733 posts

Member No.: 3654

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

Update -
Not sure if they'll have stands or a pressbox by the fall but seeing as how it's mostly concrete and steel construction for that and very little "finish work", they may get it done in time.

Posted Image
Posted Image
I'd rather shower at Penn State than root for Michigan.

#34 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

Very Nice

#35 Teddy Malone

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Member No.: 3567

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

Boo, a track.

#36 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostTeddy Malone, on 10 January 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

Boo, a track.

?

#37 Wilco98

All State

• Members
  • 867 posts

Member No.: 2616

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

View Postjeffcat-bucki, on 10 January 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

?

There's a track around the field, keeping the fans further away from the action. It's a feature some people don't care for.
Coldwater Cavaliers--20 State Titles and Counting!!!!

#38 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostWilco98, on 10 January 2012 - 08:16 AM, said:

There's a track around the field, keeping the fans further away from the action. It's a feature some people don't care for.

Meh...guess I don't really care. Piqua's field is very nice and has a track around it. Hell, even the shoe had it. I'd rather have that than the suicide wall at Van Wert. :D

#39 waterloowonder

All State

• Members
  • 532 posts

Member No.: 5547

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

It looks like they are missing the stadium -seats on both sides, lights, walkways, concessions, and maybe restrooms. At least $2,000,000 more to complete this. Has the money been raised? What is the timeline?

#40 Mo-Problems

All State

• Members
  • 733 posts

Member No.: 3654

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

I think timewise they could get it done. But you're right, I didn't think about the money involved and as far as I know, they didn't have the funding to get it this far. That might push it back another year. Or two.
Posted Image
I'd rather shower at Penn State than root for Michigan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users