Turmoil in the United States

36 replies to this topic

#1 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

I've bn watching this since the day of the marathon bombings and been up all nite tonight as this manhunt has been carried out today.

Since they released the pictures of the suspects yesterday eve and seeing how young they appeared, I couldn't help wondering what would cause one, much less two, young ppl to converge and decide to do such acts as what they did at the marathon?

Now, as I've watched this manhunt unfold over night since the early morning hours (along with more carnage wrought-at least one officer killed and another wounded) and finding out they were only 19 and 20 yr old brothers from Russia /turkey Chechnyans living here in the US for over a yr, one of them now dead (suspect #1), what is their mother thinking right now?

I have no sympathy for the now dead one, nor, for what I would anticipate to be the other's (suspect #2) future fate, but, as a mother, I can't help but imagine what I'd b thinking (questioning) what was going on with my kid(s)?
I mean, if she encouraged this kind of hate, well, then there's nothing to understand. But, what if she didn't ? Wth happened here?

My continued prayers to all those still being affected by this ongoing tragedy of events, as #2 is still on the loose, as well as those who have lost loved ones and their homes/community by the Texas explosion.
Very saddening week here in America.
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#2 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

I just got this posted and now hear they have actually legally resided in the USA for at least 10 yrs... Wtf?!
So bizarre to try and figure out, logically.
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(

#3 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

This is totally blowing my mind as we find out more and more by the minute....... He was also an accomplished student/athlete in HS?!?!
But, the kids that went to school with him didn't know of his family/mom/dad, or that he even had a brother just a yrs difference in age?

Just so crazy..... Makes you wonder about just how well you really know anyone you think you may know well..... Ugh..... There's def a reason I've become so cynical in my 'old age'.

I am so very scared for these ppl until this last guy is apprehended .

#4 Mo-Problems

All State

• Members
  • 733 posts

Member No.: 3654

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

Originally the ages were listed as 19 and 20 but now I'm reading 19 and 26 so that might explain how they didn't know of the brother.
Posted Image
I'd rather shower at Penn State than root for Michigan.

#5 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Member No.: 1916

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

Actually its simple enough to understand. According to their facebook pages, which just got shut down I beleive because all of a sudden you can no longer find it, they are practicing Muslins. Enough said!

#6 Obed

All District

• Members
  • 197 posts

Member No.: 5247

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Americans are ignorant of the amount of hate directed at us by other nations...we like to focus on iPhones, HDTV's and sports. We are arrogant to a point, imagining everyone everywhere wants to be just like us. We are of great influence in places like Tokyo and other cities but for the most part, the world sees us as fat, uneducated and useless for anything other than buying their goods. That works great until a disruption in the value of our currency could put a foot in the beehive. That story is "to be continued..."

These 2 men hate the country that has been good to them...and reasoned in their evil minds to take innocent lives. This is the mentality of who we fight with and we fight with alot more people than we realize.

when looked at appropriately, the world v. 2013 is a pretty scary place. My neighborhood included.
Troller of Trolls. Ayatollah of souls.

#7 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Why not come to the USA......so you hate us, but come on over and join us because welfare and food stamps are readily available.....and they had both......come join Obama's world of giveaway and taxing the middle and upper class......sheeeeesh, don't get me started!!!!

I'm going to the 'Arcade' to vent my frustration!!!!

#8 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Also....great to see the FBI get their men in this case, but still wondering what happened to the guilty parties in Benghazi and the arms deal that occurred when the agent was killed in Arizona.....very interesting to see the liberal media suddenly forget about this....probably a relief for the Obama cronies!!!!!

#9 Dakota Green

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Member No.: 4623

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

A lot of this behavior and more often not this severe comes from the fact that people especially young have too much time on their hands. They start using their technological savvy to scour the internet and then they run across website that promote hatred toward the United States. The above postings are true. We have become a nation of fat, uneducated, lazy morons who consider it a chore to get out of bed in the morning. I am of the age that retirement is not far off the horizon. I feel sorry for a lot of the people and or corporations that are going need people to work and for the most part are gonna be shut out in that effort. The younger crowd say fourty five on down have basically been coddled their whole life by either gadgets to entertain them, or helicopter parents who are afraid of little Parker or Emma getting their feelings hurt when rejection comes calling. A lot of these aformention people cannot handle disappointment or rejection when it comes and also when their comfort zone gets changed whether it is too hot or too cold or their belly hurts or some other cockamaniac excuse they give up. A lot of these people on jobs then either quit the job or go home for the day. In other words there are a lot of babies out there disguised as adults and these people need to put on their big boy or girl pants on and suck it up and do a honest days labor and do it day after day, year after year like this poster has. No they just would rather get food stamps and welfare and sit at home and get fat and drink Mountain Dew all day and become a diabetic at age 25. I am gonna get off my soap box because I am too f--king pissed off just thinking about it.

#10 Bobby

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Member No.: 71

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostOsu4me, on 19 April 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

Actually its simple enough to understand. According to their facebook pages, which just got shut down I beleive because all of a sudden you can no longer find it, they are practicing Muslins. Enough said!

There are millions of Americans who are practicing Muslims. Every day they go about their lives just like you and me. BTW: Muslin is a fabric.

View Postflounder, on 19 April 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

Why not come to the USA......so you hate us, but come on over and join us because welfare and food stamps are readily available.....and they had both......come join Obama's world of giveaway and taxing the middle and upper class......sheeeeesh, don't get me started!!!

The brothers came to the US in 2002 so apparently they came to enjoy George Bush's policies.

Can't we have one day where someone isn't injecting their partisan political ideology into a national tragedy? Can't we spend one day mourning the dead and wounded instead of screaming blame at our political enemies? Can't we have one day where we're we can identify ourselves as Americans instead of Republicans or Democrats? Doesn't it make you tired to hate so much?

#11 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

I don't know why I came to this thread expecting anything OTHER than pure religious intolerance, racism, and political bull******* spewing out of people's mouths, but I was kind of hoping that this site would actually NOT be like the rest of America for once. Should've known better. At least no one has speculated that this is a government conspiracy yet, although I'm sure that's coming next.

Bobby, thanks for being the voice the reason. Everyone else, get a grip. This country is falling apart, and believe or not it has very little to do with who the president is. It's because the average American and all of Congress are looking out for themselves instead of what would actually help the country. We've completely gotten away from EVERYTHING that worked for our forefathers, yet complain about how much everything's changed. It's our own damn fault. Less complaining, more action.

And btw, I personally know a good numbers of Muslims. They're good people. We need to stop painting them all as America hating terrorists and realize that that's the extremists. Christianity has it's extremists as well, and they're just as evil.

#12 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

dhs......

Do you really think that we are going to get more action......especially as a nation...just look around and take a look at the world.....real enlightening isn't it....I do agree with you statement that we have gotten away from everything that our forefathers worked for.......entitlements will do that...

bobby......

Yes Bobby....I do hate...I hate to see America heading in the direction it is heading.......I guess you must be one of the few who feel you are better off today than just a few years back.....I feel as Dakota Green does....I have worked my whole life....hell Bobby, I am not worried for myself as much as I am worried about the younger generation.....which probably is you......by the way bobby....you had no reply about the 'Fast and Furious' episode and the Benghazi attack......

Actually....as a nation, we have probably brought most of this on ourselves....there is such a huge difference between our thinking and those of the Middle East........they choose a different life......I think it all started back when Iran took us hostage....we have been held hostage ever since, and none of us will ever see the end of this war.....just sit back and live life with it around you.....hell, Israel has lived this way for years!!!!!

Also....I do feel the good Muslims are not like the radicals........but how would you like to be a female living in some of those countries......totally uncalled for..

#13 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Member No.: 3689

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hard not to put a political spin on this - especially when the media and idiots like David Axelrod essentially announced to the world they thought (and hoped) it would be a pasty white, right wing person. After all, they are sick of having to report that another liberal lunatic went on a shooting spree and tried to blow something up. I mean, c'mon, they get it already, supporters of Obama are crazy! The problem is that sometimes apparently they aren't pointed out enough for their craziness simply for being on the Obama bandwagon that they decide they need to go out and do something even crazier. But, no, we end up with another Obama voter, as reported. Go figure.

Let's see what has all come out of the debate in the past few days: the gun control debate has been settled, as a flash poll of the highly pro-gun control area of Watertown, MA abruptly polled that 100% of the people wanted law abiding citizens to be able to own guns in order to protect their self or their families. So I guess we can put that one to rest...

The immigration debate seems to have taken a sharp 180, as letting these people into the country and allowing them to stay here as students, political dissidents from their homeland, or whatever seems to have backfired (again). Especially when the one brother has been under the watch of the FBI for a while and announced to the world that the infidels needed to die and he was going to do it (but, hey, I guess we should continue to monitor him instead of doing anything about him and "Terrorista #1").

Seems people are all about profiling as a method of combating this stuff again. And "rights be damned" on Friday when they were searching for this guy.

But hey, once May hits the liberals will be back at it claiming that spending more dollars on welfare and allowing more terrorists to enter the country and paying welfare and medical to people from outside of the country and taking away the protection of law abiding citizens is a good thing. And, once again, anyone with an iota of common sense will laugh and call Obama and the liberal loons a gang of fools and continue to dismiss them as bona fide idiots...

#14 Bobby

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Member No.: 71

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

You're right. If we just let the Republicans and conservatives permanently rule the country everything would be just fine. No terrorist attacks. The economy would be booming. Life would be great. Keep believing that. Keep running the same kind of presidential campaign. And keep on losing. After the last presidential election I heard the Republicans whining. They sounded like an 8 year old who just lost a came of Candyland. He's having a temper tantrum, stomping his feet and screaming bloody murder. He's blaming everyone else for losing because they cheated and they're all poopyheads. Keep up the "only we have all the answers" arrogance. Keep driving all your nominees further and further to the right. And keep going down. Some in your party have gotten it and are looking to move the party closer to the center, where most Americans reside. They want to stop the intolerance rhetoric. But your base will destroy them before their campaign gets started.

You do realize the two brothers came to the US when George Bush was president. We should blame him for this, right? The youngest became an American citizen last September. The older brother was not "liberal" in any sense of the word. He was a very religious conservative (sound familiar?).

Crazy? You wanna talk crazy? Sarah Palin. Glenn Beck. Rush Limbaugh. Ann Coulter. Sean Hannity. The spokespersons of your party. A list to be proud of, right?

Realize the rest of the country isn't like lily-white, hard right NW Ohio. There are Americans of all races, colors, religions and backgrounds and that is what makes this country great!

#15 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Member No.: 3689

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostBobby, on 21 April 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

You're right. If we just let the Republicans and conservatives permanently rule the country everything would be just fine. No terrorist attacks. The economy would be booming. Life would be great. Keep believing that. Keep running the same kind of presidential campaign. And keep on losing. After the last presidential election I heard the Republicans whining. They sounded like an 8 year old who just lost a came of Candyland. He's having a temper tantrum, stomping his feet and screaming bloody murder. He's blaming everyone else for losing because they cheated and they're all poopyheads. Keep up the "only we have all the answers" arrogance. Keep driving all your nominees further and further to the right. And keep going down. Some in your party have gotten it and are looking to move the party closer to the center, where most Americans reside. They want to stop the intolerance rhetoric. But your base will destroy them before their campaign gets started.

You do realize the two brothers came to the US when George Bush was president. We should blame him for this, right? The youngest became an American citizen last September. The older brother was not "liberal" in any sense of the word. He was a very religious conservative (sound familiar?).

Crazy? You wanna talk crazy? Sarah Palin. Glenn Beck. Rush Limbaugh. Ann Coulter. Sean Hannity. The spokespersons of your party. A list to be proud of, right?

Realize the rest of the country isn't like lily-white, hard right NW Ohio. There are Americans of all races, colors, religions and backgrounds and that is what makes this country great!

Boy am I glad I don't have bladder control issues cuz this was just hilarious to read! Typical liberal - put on the blinders because it doesn't support your view. Enjoy what first came to mind between my laughs!!!

#16 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostDuh Huh Dull Sucks, on 21 April 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Hard not to put a political spin on this - especially when the media and idiots like David Axelrod essentially announced to the world they thought (and hoped) it would be a pasty white, right wing person. After all, they are sick of having to report that another liberal lunatic went on a shooting spree and tried to blow something up. I mean, c'mon, they get it already, supporters of Obama are crazy! The problem is that sometimes apparently they aren't pointed out enough for their craziness simply for being on the Obama bandwagon that they decide they need to go out and do something even crazier. But, no, we end up with another Obama voter, as reported. Go figure.

Let's see what has all come out of the debate in the past few days: the gun control debate has been settled, as a flash poll of the highly pro-gun control area of Watertown, MA abruptly polled that 100% of the people wanted law abiding citizens to be able to own guns in order to protect their self or their families. So I guess we can put that one to rest...

The immigration debate seems to have taken a sharp 180, as letting these people into the country and allowing them to stay here as students, political dissidents from their homeland, or whatever seems to have backfired (again). Especially when the one brother has been under the watch of the FBI for a while and announced to the world that the infidels needed to die and he was going to do it (but, hey, I guess we should continue to monitor him instead of doing anything about him and "Terrorista #1").

Seems people are all about profiling as a method of combating this stuff again. And "rights be damned" on Friday when they were searching for this guy.

But hey, once May hits the liberals will be back at it claiming that spending more dollars on welfare and allowing more terrorists to enter the country and paying welfare and medical to people from outside of the country and taking away the protection of law abiding citizens is a good thing. And, once again, anyone with an iota of common sense will laugh and call Obama and the liberal loons a gang of fools and continue to dismiss them as bona fide idiots...

Amen......and well stated!!!!!!

#17 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

View PostBobby, on 21 April 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Well said Bobby.......but....I totally disagree that that is what makes America safe, but keep drinking the Kool Aid!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't you glad we are the melting pot of the world....lol......sheesh!!!!!

#18 Mo-Problems

All State

• Members
  • 733 posts

Member No.: 3654

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

The terrorist ideology is to turn American citizens against themselves and against the US government. They're winning.
Posted Image
I'd rather shower at Penn State than root for Michigan.

#19 Wilco98

All State

• Members
  • 867 posts

Member No.: 2616

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostMo-Problems, on 22 April 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

The terrorist ideology is to turn American citizens against themselves and against the US government. They're winning.

Exactly.
Coldwater Cavaliers--20 State Titles and Counting!!!!

#20 cougarsno1

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 3,797 posts

Member No.: 162

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

The Trillion Dollar question.............When will the Communists aka Liberals start needing more laws and back round checks for Pressure Cookers?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users