Beaver Party.............coming to Stinkys March 1

26 replies to this topic

#21 Irish Viking 87

All District

• Members
  • 433 posts

Member No.: 9522

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

I'm headin over around 5-5:30 to get some grub before I head down to Lima Sr. for the District final game then picking the wife up after and headin back over to do some serious partying. We don't get out much, so we usually do it up right when we do get out. :lol: I'll have a purple Leipsic shirt on and a Bud Light and probably a shot of Ice 101 in front of me if anyone from the 'Corner wants to stop by and say hi. I'd love to meet you all. Hope to see you there.

Edited by Irish Viking 87, 01 March 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#22 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Finally coming back to this thread after recuperating from last Saturday's Beaver Party....yea, I know it's been
over a week, but I ain't as young as I used to be....

First off, Roxx, Bob Doo, and the rest of the Stinkys ownership group want to express their thanks for everyone's
understanding of the lack of "good beaver" at the party....it seems that the guy who traps the beaver wasn't able
to get his traps in due to the harsh winter weather....they did serve up a "substitute" that did suffice, but
I know that more than a few people were visibly and emotionally shaken up by this turn of events...

When Roxx announced that there would "be no beaver" you could hear the crowd murmuring to themselves on what
they were going to eat that night.....They did come through with some BBQ pork, but you could sense the
disappointment in the air early......later on, after Bob Doo opened up the "licker" cabinet our spirits started
to improve dramatically. By midnight you couldn't even tell that there was an absence of beaver....The younger
ones from north of the river and the ones to the west of Gilboa more than made up for it.....Roxx promises
the beaver will return next year, or she said something about supplying it herself....don't know what she meant
by that, but it certainly did get everyone talking........so mark your calendars again for next year....The
Pioneer Days Committee advertises their event as "always the first weekend after Labor Day", well Stinkys
advertises the Beaver Party as "the first Saturday in March".......later RM
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#23 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

It seems that there is a little spat going on over on Stinkys Country Well's Facebook page about the RC.......
don't seem to know how it all started, but Roxx mentioned getting some PM's about their involvement with us.
She vehemently claimed that we/I am not associated with Stinkys and that she has no idea who I even am.....

I had posted on their page earlier today that I had never claimed to be "associated" (heck, I'm not even related)
with Stinkys, and if you know Roxx like I do.....well

So in the meantime she's said that she doesn't need my/our help with their business.....So I've pretty much
gone into "bitch mode" (as I've seen her do a thousand times before) and won't be promoting the Beaver Party
any longer.....I know that they get huge crowds for this, but like I always say...."what's a little more beaver
going to hurt?"........RM
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#24 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

This started out as a beautiful, happy day for me (minus the weather), not unlike a few weeks ago when I had my property fire; suddenly, everything turned horrible in a flash and was out of control. :(

Btw, it prolly wouldn't hurt if you'd answer ppl............. Lol
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#25 Irish Viking 87

All District

• Members
  • 433 posts

Member No.: 9522

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Roxx go in to "bitch mode"? I've never known her to be out of "bitch mode" :pickles:

#26 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

View Postslice slice baby, on 15 April 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

Btw, it prolly wouldn't hurt if you'd answer ppl............. Lol

1st off, want you to know I meant "answer ppl" as in ME!! Lol

Next....
Been asked numerous times today about what's going on....

I'm not going to go through what all seems to have blown up furiously since yesterday when an INNOCENT posting to Stinky's wall by me was deleted in belief I was being an instigator or something....

Not going into any details and after having a full day to digest everything, I'm just going to say:

I'm very proud of our site, what we do and those associated with it.

After 8 years of " knowing" RM, I also have no " concerns" about him--nor his delivery methods.... Lol
And being a message board, I wholeheartedly believe in remaining anonymous, if that is your desire, for whatever reason.

Also, with no hard feelings, I've unfriended Stinky's, only because of the conversation yesterday and posts that i JUST caught up on at fb after being alerted to them being there.
Once agan, NOTHING against Stinky's, but, considering their apparent feelings towards RM/RC, I just feel it best for everyone (especially me being an administrator here) and I only friended Stinky's in the 1st place because of RM's support of them.....he has never said a discouraging word about the establishment and has ONLY positively promoted and supported them on this site. Also, I've never visited the establishment, so, they certainly won't miss me in their friends list.... I sincerely wish them only the very best and continued success.

I've been comepletely upset and sick since yesterday because of this whole situation because it seems everything really went crazy after a simple INNOCENT post I made and I can't help but feel at fault.

Geez.... I don't visit fb often because of ppl carrying on drama on fb..... I sure never thought I WOULD EVER have been drawn into it...... Wish I'd never went there yesterday. :( I may never go back.... Lol
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#27 labatts69

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Member No.: 695

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

Ya I was reading some of the debacle yesterday and was wondering wtf?? Oh well, gave me a few minutes of humor yesterday. Lol
2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 - Champion
Fantasy Baseball -RCBL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users