Week 3 Rocketcorner Know It Alls

4 replies to this topic

#1 Rocketcorner News

All District

• Contributing Member
  • 400 posts

Member No.: 6453

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

Ok. So a little late is better then a little never in my book. This week I'm a little late with the picks...but I'm still waiting for a certain namesake of this site to give me his picks. Nonetheless, I will truck on like the dedicated warrior I am and provide you, our biggest asset, with a sliver of entertainment that I promised from the onset.

Week 2 was a little bit better for the Know It Alls. We no longer have a panel member under .500. The Napoleon-Wauseon result tripped up most of us, the others were just throwing darts and got lucky :) ROCKETMAN was the leader after week 1 but I covered quite nicely after my mediocre start to snatch the lead away. Here are the standings.....

Week 2. Overall.

Kevin Oberhaus. 9-1. 15-5
Jamie Baker. 8-2. 14-6
Eric Kastner. 8-2. 14-6
ROCKETMAN. 7-3. 14-6
Tim McDonough. 7-3. 13-7
Joel Miller. 7-3. 13-7
Kyle Timmons. 8-2. 13-7
Jordan Strack. 6-4. 11-9
Josh Morgret. 6-4. 11-9
Dave Boninsegna. 6-4. 10-10

Here are this week's games.

2-0 Pickerington North @ 2-0 Fremont Ross
2-0 Ottawa Glandorf @ 2-0 Celina
2-0 Convoy Crestview @ 2-0 Wayne Trace
1-1 Marion Pleasant @ 2-0 Lima Central Catholic
2-0 Bluffton @ 2-0 Delphos Jefferson
1-1 Tinora @ 2-0 Ft Loramie
2-0 Pandora Gilboa @ 2-0 Arlington
1-1 Whitmer @ 1-0 Detroit Catholic Central
1-1 Bellevue @ 2-0 Clyde
1-1 Elida @ 1-1 Wapakoneta

Now for the fun part...........

Kevin Oberhaus- Rocketcorner News

Pick North.....Ross has started strong but Pick North is traditionally strong and always has a much tougher schedule. I'm going with the district where OHSAA Commish Dan Ross spent time as Superintendent.

O-G.....The Titans are building a nice tradition of excellent football to go with their outstanding hoops program. I think O-G is a couple scores better than the Green Dogs.

Wayne Trace.....Scoring at will the first two weeks. I would be stupid to pick against them. I don't think WT will be tested until they play Tinora. Even that might not be much of a test. Raiders score 50 again.

LCC.....Pleasant isn't the Pleasant that they used to be. And they lost to Triad. Going with the TBirs fairly easily.

Bluffton.....Jefferson has only given up 3 points over the first two weeks but to opponents who will probably lose more then they win. Taking the Pirates in a close game. Should be a good one to watch.

Ft Loramie.....Tinora is good. This is a tough one for me. FL has opening weeks wins versus 2 MAC schools. I don't care IF the MAC is down a little, that still grabs my attention. Going out on a limb and picking the Redskins.

Arlington.....They put up 50 on Arcadia in ONE QUARTER. They know how to score. I think PG is doing great so far but the Red Devil's Hogs up front make plenty of room to run.

Whitmer.....I know they lost to Orchard Lake St Mary's last week but it was a tight game. The Panthers will turn things around this week. DSJ played Detroit Catholic Central a few years back and nearly won. Panthers take it and set up mega matchup vs TCC next week.

Clyde.....Not picking against them anymore. Should have suspended players back too. That spells trouble for the Redmen.

Elida.....I thought Wapak would give Kenton a better game last week. Guess not. Elida is tough. D is good. Good enough to get win #2.

Jamie Baker-Findlay Courier

Pickerington North over Fremont Ross - Ross' fast start ends Friday night at Don Paul Field.

Ottawa Glandorf over Celina - Won't pick against the Titans until they burn me and they haven't burned me in a very long time.

Wayne Trace over Convoy Crestview - Last week's drubbing of Otsego made me a Raiders believer.

Lima Central Catholic over Marion Pleasant - The Spartans lost to Triad, 'nuff said.

Delphos Jefferson over Bluffton - Wildcats earn big early season NWC win over Pirates.

Ft Loramie over Tinora - Long trip home for the Rammies.

Arlington over Pandora-Gilboa - Arlington has yet to be challenged, they will be Friday night.

Whitmer over Detroit Catholic Central - Just can't bring myself to think that the Panthers will be 1-2 after Week 3.

Clyde over Bellevue - Clyde gearing up for a possible title run in the SBC.

Wapakoneta over Elida - Take the Redskins at home.

Eric Kastner- Rocketcorner News

2-0 Pickerington North @ 2-0 Fremont Ross - PN makes the trip up to Fremont and gets a win over the Little Giants at the beautiful Don Paul Stadium (Harmon Field).

2-0 Ottawa Glandorf @ 2-0 Celina - Ottawa-Glandorf features one of the best defenses in NW OH this year. I see them picking up the W on the road.

2-0 Convoy Crestview @ 2-0 Wayne Trace - Wayne Trace can put up points for days. These guys are an offensive machine and will continue to light up the scoreboard here.

1-1 Marion Pleasant @ 2-0 Lima Central Catholic- LCC in this one, as this is probably the easiest game to pick thus far.

2-0 Bluffton @ 2-0 Delphos Jefferson - I like Jefferson in this contest. I thought Bluffton could have handled themselves better last week at Carey. However, I came away un-impressed.

1-1 Tinora @ 2-0 Ft Loramie - I'm going with Ft. Loramie in this one, as I'm impressed more with their non-conference wins thus far.

2-0 Pandora Gilboa @ 2-0 Arlington (PG surprise of BVC so far) - Arlington is still young (A lot of Soph/Jr's), but they have the most size in the BVC and I look for them to be the surprise of the league this year.

1-1 Whitmer @ 1-0 Detroit Catholic Central - This is almost a must-win for Whitmer. The Panthers can ill-afford to stumble into conference play at 1-2, especially in Division I and wanting to reach the playoffs again.

1-1 Bellevue @ 2-0 Clyde (nice rivalry) - Clyde hasn't shown me enough offensively yet. I'm going to take Bellevue on the road.

1-1 Elida @ 1-1 Wapakoneta (a lot of recent history between to two districts) - Elida is coming off a tough OT loss to Defiance, however, I see them getting back on track this week with a win over Wapak.

ROCKETMAN-Fearless leader of the Rocketcorner Nation

M.I.A. (Maybe not so fearless)

EDIT...Better late then never.
2-0 Pickerington North
2-0 Celina
2-0 Wayne Trace
2-0 Lima Central Catholic
2-0 Delphos Jefferson
1-1 Tinora
2-0 Arlington
1-1 Whitmer
2-0 Clyde
1-1 Elida

I will be very surprised if I get more than 2 wrong this week...........this is when the cream rises to the top.......
and baby I'm the creme de' creme!!

Tim McDonough-Defiance Crescent

2-0 Pickerington North @ 2-0 Fremont Ross (tough one I know. But this is supposed to be fun) - Should be a fun game to watch. Pickerington North is just a little more explosive, that's why they're my pick.

2-0 Ottawa Glandorf @ 2-0 Celina - Celina has a lot of speed, but Titans just reload. I'll take O-G.

2-0 Convoy Crestview @ 2-0 Wayne Trace - Raiders have revenge on their minds after 40-28 loss last year Knights. Wayne Trace gets the "W."

1-1 Marion Pleasant @ 2-0 Lima Central Catholic - A pair of perennial playoff teams, but LCC is the real deal. T-Birds win it.

2-0 Bluffton @ 2-0 Delphos Jefferson - A good early NWC matchup. Jefferson is just too deep for the Pirates.

1-1 Tinora @ 2-0 Ft Loramie - Fort Loramie has a pair of wins against MAC teams, but both are 0-2. I like Tinora to win on the road.

2-0 Pandora Gilboa @ 2-0 Arlington (PG surprise of BVC so far) - Are the Rockets for real? We'll find out on Friday. My crystal ball says Arlington wins.

1-1 Whitmer @ 1-0 Detroit Catholic Central - Don't know much about DCC, but I do know Whitmer was not happy losing last week. Panthers claw back.

1-1 Bellevue @ 2-0 Clyde (nice rivalry) - Clyde is one of those teams that just knows how to win. Bellevue not that same team as last year. Clyde is your winner.

1-1 Elida @ 1-1 Wapakoneta (a lot of recent history between to two districts) - Bulldogs and Redskins coming off losses last week. Wapakoneta sends Elida to second straight setback.

Joel Miller-WNDH 103.1 Napoleon

2-0 Pickerington North @ 2-0 Fremont Ross.....Pick North - Ross is solid, but North wins here.

2-0 Ottawa Glandorf @ 2-0 Celina.....OG - Titans haven't been tested yet and will have their hands full with Celina, but OG prevails.

2-0 Convoy Crestview @ 2-0 Wayne Trace.....Wayne Trace - Good win for Crestview last week, but Wayne Trace is a load offensively.

1-1 Marion Pleasant @ 2-0 Lima Central Catholic.....LCC - T-Birds continue their roll over Sparty.

2-0 Bluffton @ 2-0 Delphos Jefferson..... Bluffton

1-1 Tinora @ 2-0 Ft Loramie.....Ft. Loramie - This one's a 'pick em' for me. Tough road trip for the Rams swings me to Ft. Loramie.

2-0 Pandora Gilboa @ 2-0 Arlington.....Arlington - PG is surprising people so far, but Arlington at home is a loss for them.

1-1 Whitmer @ 1-0 Detroit Catholic Central.....DCC - out of the frying pan into the fire for Whitmer with Michigan teams. St. Mary's last week to DCC. All kinds of D1 talent on the field here.

1-1 Bellevue @ 2-0 Clyde.....Clyde - two big, quality wins for Clyde to start the year - now the rivalry with Bellevue. Clyde gets the W.

1-1 Elida @ 1-1 Wapakoneta..... Elida - still in shock over the Defiance loss. I think Elida takes out some frustration, unfortunately for Wapak.

Kyle Timmons-SanduskyCountyLive.com

Pickerington North over Fremont Ross - This is the REAL test to see if the Little Giants are back. Even a close loss would be nice. PN 35, Fremont Ross 34.

OG over Celina - Titans battle their way to a hard fought win. OG 35, Celina 34.

Wayne Trace over Convoy Crestview - Wayne Trace takes a huge win at home. WT 35, Crestview 34.

Lima Central Catholic over Marion Pleasant - LCC moves to 3-0. LCC 35, Marion Pleasant 34.

Delphos Jefferson over Bluffton - DJ grabs a win in the final minutes. DJ 35, Bluffton 34.

Tinora over Ft Loramie - My upset pick of the week. Tinora 35, Ft. Loramie 34.

Arlington over PG - PG may be 2-0 early, but this week they get humbled. Arlington 35, PG 34.

Detroit CC over Whitmer - Panthers don't have enough to beat Detroit CC. Detroit CC 35, Whitmer 34.

Clyde over Bellevue - Clyde defends home turf, but only by one. Clyde 35, Bellevue 34.

Elida over Wapakoneta - I don't know why I like Elida in this one, but I do. Elida 2, Wapakoneta 0.

Josh Morgret-Fremont News-Messenger

Pickerington North.... FR is off to a hot start but PN is a different animal

O-G... Same thing here. Celina has won two to open the season but O-G is a different animal

WT... I was impressed by Wayne Trace last week. They move to 3-0

LCC... LCC should run the table until playoff time rolls around

Bluffton... I liked Bluffton's win over Carey last week and think they pick up a solid road win

Tinora... Tinora gets it done on the road

Arlington... Once again. Two nice wins to start the season for P-G but Arlington is on a different level, not to mention the 50 they dropped in the first quarter last week

Whitmer... Whitmer lost their first regular season game since 2008 last week but I think they bounce back up north

Clyde... I'll be at this game for the Fremont N-M. I like Clyde at home in this great rivalry

Elida... I think this is a toss-up but I think Elida goes to Wapak and steals a win in the last few minutes of the game.

Jordan Strack-WTOL Toledo 11

Pick North- I think Fremont Ross has gotten it done with smoke and mirrors the first two weeks. The luck runs out here.

OG-Back to Back shutouts to start the season...I don't think they'll shut out Celina this week but they'll win it anyways.

Wayne Trace-How about 125 points in 2 weeks? Those are absurd video game numbers.

Lima CC-Coming off a nice win against DSJ....the defense is legit and they'll win this week.

Delphos Jefferson-They've allowed just 3 points this year. That's getting it done. Defense wins this one as well.

Tinora-They've had the tougher schedule through 2 weeks and I think that helps in big games.

Arlington- I'll be honest...any time Pandora Gilboa is on here I want to pick them solely based on the fact that I love their name. This week...sorry...

Detroit CC-Whitmer didn't play well last week in their first regular season loss since 2010...unfortunately the schedule doesn't get any easier...and they get Toledo CC next week..

Clyde- They're maybe the most surprising team in NW Ohio so far...2 huge wins and I think they'll keep it going in this rivalry showdown.

Elida-Was really surprised by their loss against Defiance. They'll bounce back nicely this week.

Dave Boninsegna-ZSportsLive.com

2-0 Pickerington North @ 2-0 Fremont Ross. Both teams score alot of points could be interesting. I will go with North to out gun Ross.

2-0 Ottawa Glandorf @ 2-0 Celina The Titans yet to give up a score, could be first test for OG, but they come away 3-0.

2-0 Convoy Crestview @ 2-0 Wayne Trace Battle of the 2-0's goes to the Raiders.

1-1 Marion Pleasant @ 2-0 Lima Central Catholic LCC is just plain good, dont have to know much on MP. The T Birds with the win.

2-0 Bluffton @ 2-0 Delphos Jefferson Jefferson is young and a pleasant surprise. Should be a good game, I'm going with the 'Cats for the W.

1-1 Tinora @ 2-0 Ft Loramie Another could be toss up game; Tinora sends FT. Loramie to 2-1.

2-0 Pandora Gilboa @ 2-0 Arlington (PG surprise of BVC so far)
So much for the guy making fun of PG on the RC after week one; both teams blow away wins last week. Maybe not a blowout in week three, but the Rockets soar to 3-0 after beating Arlington.

1-1 Whitmer @ 1-0 Detroit Catholic Central DCC are the Shamrocks, they get picked by Panthers.

1-1 Bellevue @ 2-0 Clyde (nice rivalry) Big Rivalry from around their parts; Clyde has had the upper hand in the past and in the present.

1-1 Elida @ 1-1 Wapakoneta (a lot of recent history between to two districts) Elida tough loss last week, another potentially good game this week; going to give edge to Elida to bounce back and get win number 2.

#2 zoesdaddy

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Member No.: 3052

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

i think Ober is cheating...lol
C:\Users\dave\Documents\zsports%20QR%20Code.png

#3 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Member No.: 3612

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

Cheating? LOL. I just missed 6 games this week. Ugh.
Follow me for scores and other sports news. www.twitter.com/kevinoberhaus

#4 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Looks the RM is back on track, missing 3 games this week.........well, maybe 4 as I can't find the Pick North/Fremont Ross score.....(but everyone else picked PN also)
so I look to gain ground on everyone as 3 is the lowest number of misses that I can find.......

you know what they say

"Don't pull on Superman's cape!"........or the Rocketman's for that matter :)
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#5 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

Found it........

Pickerington N. 60
Fremont Ross 27
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users