Week 8 Know It Alls

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rocketcorner News

All District

• Contributing Member
  • 400 posts

Member No.: 6453

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

Ok. So I did not get the week 7 picks posted. Can't really help that due to the technical difficulties of the site Friday. But never fear....I did keep track of all the brilliant minds' picks. Today I will post the results from last week and overall records. Week 8 picks will come Thursday as usual.

Results from week 7.

ROCKETMAN 8-2
Jamie Baker 7-3
Kevin Oberhaus 7-3
Jordan Strack 6-4
Josh Morgret 6-4
Tim McDonough 6-4
Joel Miller 5-5
Kyle Timmons 5-5
Dave Boninsegna 4-6
Eric Kastner 3-7

Overall.......

Jamie Baker 53-17

ROCKETMAN 49-21

Kevin Oberhaus. 47-23
Josh Morgret. 47-23

Jordan Strack. 46-24
Kyle Timmons. 46-24
Tim McDonough. 46-24

Joel Miller. 42-28

Eric Kastner. 40-30

Dave Boninsegna. 38-32

So stay tuned for the week 8 picks. Some big games with major playoff points involved.

#2 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

Another good showing by the RM last week but I still have a long way to go.......Bubba is a very tough opponent and I hope to wear him down by using my agility.......
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#3 Rocketcorner News

All District

• Contributing Member
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

Here they are. Week 8 picks. Still waiting on a couple but gonna post these now.

6-1 Coldwater @ 7-0 Marion Local
5-2 Patrick Henry @ 6-1 Archbold
7-0 Wayne Trace @ 6-1 Tinora
5-2 Crestview @ 4-3 Spencerville
4-3 Wynford @ 6-1 Col Crawford
6-1 Ayersville @ 3-4 Hicksville
5-2 Toledo Christian @ 5-2 Northwood
4-3 Hopewell Loudon @ 4-3 Seneca East
3-4 Calvert @ 5-2 Fremont St Joes
3-4 Delphos St Johns @ 3-4 Versailles

ROCKETMAN

7-0 Marion Local.......yikes, right off the bat!........I'm taking the home team for sentimental reasons only......great game

5-2 Patrick Henry.......PH cannot afford another loss if it has any hopes of advancing to the playoffs.....sometimes when your back is against the wall

7-0 Wayne Trace.......ridin' the horse that "brung ya" is an old cowboy saying........

5-2 Crestview ...........Spencerville stumbling a bit, but will be ready for the Knghts........take the Knights

6-1 Col Crawford......this one would not shock me either way.....Royals have a lot of tradition......Crawford is at home though

6-1 Ayersville ..........This one is probably one I'm safe on......everyone will take the Pilots, but lookout for the ACES!

5-2 Northwood........know absolutely nothing about either team, only that the TAAC is historically bad, bad, bad in football

4-3 Hopewell Loudon ....mild upset, and maybe one where I can gain a game on Bubba

5-2 Fremont St Joes.........one of these Joe's is gonna win Friday night......I say Fremont

3-4 Delphos St Johns...this is the time of the year when the Blue Jays usually start to jell........

Eric Kastner

6-1 Coldwater @ 7-0 Marion Local- Coldwater wins this as ML won't be able to overcome the injury at QB. Coldwater should take the MAC with this win.

5-2 Patrick Henry @ 6-1 Archbold - I'm taking PH in this one, and they sure need it as they sit 11th in Region 20

7-0 Wayne Trace @ 6-1 Tinora - This one is a toss-up, but ill take WT.

5-2 Crestview @ 4-3 Spencerville - Spencerville is coming off a tough loss, and I don't think they recover enough to beat Crestview.

4-3 Wynford @ 6-1 Col Crawford - Wynford is fighting for their playoff lives and coming off a huge win. I'm taking the Royals.

6-1 Ayersville @ 3-4 Hicksville - I'm going to take Ayersville. However, Hicksville's playoff hopes could go a long way if they beat the Pilots this weekend.

5-2 Toledo Christian @ 5-2 Northwood - Northwood will roll here.

4-3 Hopewell Loudon @ 4-3 Seneca East - SE and HL have all but thawed out and will likely miss the playoffs once again. However, SE will get this one at home.

3-4 Calvert @ 5-2 Fremont St Joes - Two solid offensive lines and running games. Game will be held on Saturday evening at Fremont's beautiful facility. Senecas take down the Crimson Streaks here.

3-4 Delphos St Johns @ 3-4 Versailles - Wow, this is incredibly tough to pick. DSJ needs this game if they want any shot to crack the top 8 at the end of the year. Last year's match-up fell the Blue Jays way with a two point win, I'm going to say Versailles reverses the favor this year.

Jamie Baker

Coldwater over Marion Local - Key injuries for the Flyers makes me think the Cavaliers will pull this win out.

Patrick Henry over Archbold - Patriots need a win to stay in the playoff race. They get it.

Wayne Trace over Tinora - Wayne Trace in a shoot-out.

Crestview over Spencerville - Spencerville hasn't beaten a team with a winning record.

Col Crawford over Wynford - Big win for Wynford last week equals a let down this week.

Ayersville over Hicksville - I'm thinking the Pilots trump the Aces in this one.

Northwood over Toledo Christian - Can't be a much softer 5-2 record schedule wise than Toledo Christian.

Seneca East over Hopewell Loudon - Taking the Tigers.

Tiffin Calvert over Fremont St Joseph - Calvert seems to be rolling and are in must-win mode every week.

Delphos St Johns over Versailles - Blue Jays just because.

Dave Boninsegna

6-1 Coldwater @ 7-0 Marion Local
#1 (ML) in their division vs #2 (CW) in their division. But the Flyers are very tough, Im taking them.

5-2 Patrick Henry @ 6-1 Archbold
If PH can hang on to the ball, they can hang on to the game.

7-0 Wayne Trace @ 6-1 Tinora
WT in a close one

5-2 Crestview @ 4-3 Spencerville
Have to take Crestview to go up in the NWC

4-3 Wynford @ 6-1 Col Crawford
Wynford cant pull off two upsets in a row Col. Crawford to win

6-1 Ayersville @ 3-4 Hicksville
The Pilots should fly high this week

5-2 Toledo Christian @ 5-2 Northwood
Toss up game of the week; will take TC

4-3 Hopewell Loudon @ 4-3 Seneca East
H-L have been up and down this year; Im taking them to be down this week.

3-4 Calvert @ 5-2 Fremont St Joes
St Joes because they always seem to play well at home.

3-4 Delphos St Johns @ 3-4 Versailles
These teams could be any more equal, both lost to like teams, both are 3-4/2-1. Toss up if anything. I will take St Johns however; just because.

Josh Morgret

Coldwater... I like Coldwater in an "upset"

Archbold... PH is reeling from last week's loss. Archbold at home

Wayne Trace... I like the high-powered offense of WT. Good road win here

Crestview... Crestview is too much for little old Spencerville

Colonel Crawford... Wynford has faced some good teams but I like CC in a close one

Ayersville... They get it done on the road by three points

Northwood... Big game with lots of implications. Home crowd pushes Northwood to the win

Seneca East... H-L started 4-1 but has been run over the past two weeks. SE doesn't run as much but they'll pass for over 250 in the win

Fremont St. Joseph... These are two of four teams tied for MAL win. I think SJCC does enough on Saturday night for a win, by less than a touchdown. I'll be there

DSJ... DSJ must win if they want any shot at a playoff berth. I think they win here

Tim McDonough

6-1 Coldwater @ 7-0 Marion Local - Marion Local is the best team in the state in D-VII, but Coldwater is about to hand the Flyers loss number one.

5-2 Patrick Henry @ 6-1 Archbold - Archbold destroyed PH last season. The Patriots remember and will come out on top this season.

7-0 Wayne Trace @ 6-1 Tinora - The Rams have a good defense and will hold the Raiders to their lowest points of the year, but WT still comes out on top.

5-2 Crestview @ 4-3 Spencerville - Spencerville needs this win badly to stay in playoff contention, but the Knights just have too much firepower.

4-3 Wynford @ 6-1 Col Crawford - The Royals are about to fall to .500 because my crystal ball is telling me the Eagles are just better.

6-1 Ayersville @ 3-4 Hicksville - In Defiance County we call it "The battle of the Ville's" The Pilots can't afford to slip up this week and they won't, they top the Aces.

5-2 Toledo Christian @ 5-2 Northwood - A good matchup in the TAAC, that should be close. I like Northwood at home to get the win.

4-3 Hopewell Loudon @ 4-3 Seneca East - The Chieftains are riding a two-game losing skid, which tells me they're due to break out and get win No. 5.

3-4 Calvert @ 5-2 Fremont St Joes - Each has won two straight heading into this one, but I'll take the Crimson Streaks to secure a winning season.

3-4 Delphos St Johns @ 3-4 Versailles - The four teams that have beaten the Tigers are quality teams, while the Blue Jays are in the same boat. I like the Tigers to scratch out a victory in a close affair.

Jordan Strack

Coldwater-been there done that in big games. Think they'll do it again.

Archbold- just didn't get a good vibe from PH the last couple of weeks..

Tinora-toss up game to me so I'll go with the home team.

Crestview-can't fault their losses. Jefferson & Wayne Trace a combined 14-0.

Wynford- I just don't think CC has been tested enough.

Ayersville- had a tough time here...I think Hicksville is better than their record shows. Not good enough here though.

Northwood-after the tough start against 2 good teams they've bounced back nicely & will again with the TAAC.

Hopewell-Loudon- after 2 straight home losses they need a win badly..

Calvert-they've figured something out the last 2 weeks and are playing well.

DSJ-the schedule has been brutal. They're battle tested and still clinging to playoff hopes.

Kevin Oberhaus

Coldwater.....too many injuries in key places for ML

PH.....The Patriots haven't lost at Archbold since 2001. Plus they HAVE TO win.

Wayne Trace..... I think the Raiders have too much for the Rams

Crestview.....Would love to see Spencerville win but the Knights have only lost twice...to teams with records of 14-0 combined.

Wynford.....They know how to win the their league and a little wishful thinking.

Hicksville.....Just a hunch on this one. The Aces run the ball well and Ayersvilles wins are more than unimpressive.

Northwood.....Again I hope I'm wrong for selfish reasons(PH playoff chances) But the Rangers own the TAAC.

Seneca East.....After a loss to Mohawk, SE rebounds against HL

Calvert.....Fighting for their playoff lives the Senecas are playing some good ball right now like we thought they would all year.

DSJ.....The Blue Jays have a glimmer of hope for the playoffs...that's enough to create urgency and get the W.

STILL WAITING ON THE LAST TWO. WILL POST WHEN RECEIVED.

#4 Rocketcorner News

All District

• Contributing Member
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Joel Miller

6-1 Coldwater @ 7-0 Marion Local Marion Local
5-2 Patrick Henry @ 6-1 Archbold PH
7-0 Wayne Trace @ 6-1 Tinora Wayne Trace
5-2 Crestview @ 4-3 Spencerville Crestview
4-3 Wynford @ 6-1 Col Crawford Col Crawford
6-1 Ayersville @ 3-4 Hicksville Ayersville
5-2 Toledo Christian @ 5-2 Northwood Northwood
4-3 Hopewell Loudon @ 4-3 Seneca East Hopewell Loudon
3-4 Calvert @ 5-2 Fremont St Joes Fremont St. Joe
3-4 Delphos St Johns @ 3-4 Versailles Delphos St. John

#5 Coach_B

All District

• Members
  • 470 posts

Member No.: 968

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

RM has a pretty good shot at knotting things up at the top. Totally unsure on the the three we disagreed on.

#6 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

well right now the RM is looking pretty good.............. I really need things to go my way this weekend as the games will
only get tougher next week.............zoooom
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users