99 replies to this topic

#21 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

View Postcs59, on 14 March 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

Or more likely with the pitiful lighting at ONU no one could see the coach. The way they did the introductions was one of the dumbest ever. Too bad ONU couldn't afford to turn some lights on in the seating areas also. Nice to be away from there & on to a real venue.

Never liked Ohio Northern, mostly because of the many bad memories from in the '80's and '90's, but the place is starting to grow on me as OG has won 3 of the past 5 games there..... the seats are still too far from the floor, but I will have to say it has made some improvements. The stat boards on the side were nice (though they spent more time showing ONU graphics and a picture of the OG fan of the year ** not :furious: me**, than actual game stats). The dark bleacher area and lit up court was cool, it always seemed that players at ONU were on a far away stage anyway. But the place certainly has it's limitations and will never be on the top of my list.

#22 boater

All District

• Members
  • 168 posts

Member No.: 5876

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

Having played @ ONU .. albeit back in the 70's... and even though we never lost there back then, I agree with your thoughts Falcon.
What I always remembered was the lighting and depth perception was terrible - plus they had the Schools Presidents suite right behind the north basket. I haven't been in the facilty in some time, so I cannot speak to "upgrades".
I have only been there as a fan once .. but you feel as though you are miles from the action.
Bottom line - even though we won - not my favorite place to play nor watch a basketball game.

#23 Kmart

All League

• Members
  • 59 posts

Member No.: 401

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

Was reminded of a 80's OG team with a Morman, Wischmeyer and others, who played at ONU during the tourney. That team was loaded, ranked very high if not #1 in the state, only to be beaten by a very mediocre Coldwater team that was hovering around the 500 mark.

Long and the short........on any given day!!

#24 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

Preview for Saturday: http://www.michaelhi...-straight-year/
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#25 Dakota Green

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Member No.: 4623

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

LCC has so much more talent then O-G as far as basketball that is a given. And when you look at the records and the margin of victories in the tournament, that also sides big with the T-Birds. With all that being said you cannot measure heart and the Titans despite the limitations of the talent have the heart, the drive, the grit, and possibly the bigger crowd when they do battle Saturday night. More then likely the Birds will pull away and win, but if they stay with LCC for an extended period of time their confidence will grow. Any way you look at it, despite I am sure various denials by the T-Bird coaching staff, the last team despite their record they wanted to play is O-G. The Titans have been a thorn in the side to the T-Birds and because of that have planted the seeds of doubt with LCC. I am hoping for a huge upset, because if that happens there will be some serious soul searching by number of movers and shakers of the LCC athletic department. Bottom line is that the pressure is on LCC, brought on by their coach who has been bragging and shooting off his mouth about Columbus or bust. The Titans have nothing to lose, but everything to gain. LCC has everything to lose and nothing to gain by winning, because they are expected to win.

#26 Irish Viking 87

All District

• Members
  • 433 posts

Member No.: 9522

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

I know TyMac doesn't break out the 1-3-1 with Bramlage on top until late in the year. I saw they played it some last night. I saw it last year and it is such a weapon for the Titans. Throwing over a 6'7 guy on the top of that zone is very difficult. LCC guards aren't real big. If O-G can trap, deny penetration, and rebound out of that 1-3-1 I think they have a real chance. Of course, they will have to deny penetration and rebound in whatever defense they play. I just think if they mix it up(which they have all tournament) they can get some turnovers and easy baskets out of the 1-3-1 when they spring it on LCC.

#27 alonzo

• Members
  • 14 posts

Member No.: 9603

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

KMart, I believe OG had all it could do in 1986 to beat Coldwater @ Coldwater that season. OG beat Coldwater 56-52 that season I think. Most games during the 85-86 season were 20 point blowouts for the Titans, but not against the Cavailiers that season. I'd venture to say that Colwater team was 16-4, or thereabouts....

#28 tbird2007

All District

• Members
  • 145 posts

Member No.: 2381

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

Throw previous games and records out the window. This should be a good game as always.

#29 Buckeye1689

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Member No.: 9610

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

LCC by at least 6. LCC is to fast and their D is very, very good

#30 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

As the witching hour draws nigh, Frank Kill is probably getting ready for a restful night of sleep as images of blue and gold and titans past dance in his mind..........guys like Drew Ellerbrock. Michael Rosebrock, Chewy Kaufman, Caleb Siefker and the ultimate T-Bird slayer, TJ Metzger.

With this I will say Ty McGlaughlin's Jim Tressel will answer to Frank Kill's Lloyd Carr and the Titans will prevail............ OG 57 LCC 53.

#31 FrogU

All League

• Members
  • 36 posts

Member No.: 2344

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:47 AM

Imo OG will have to try to slow this game down as much as they can . I don't think they can keep up if it turns into a track meet. The lower the score the better for OG. I think the extra couple of games at the Stroh will help out :whistling: and the Titans will hopefully make some good adjustments to keep it closer than the last time, but still come up short.<15

#32 Spartan87

All State

• Members
  • 768 posts

Member No.: 571

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

Going with the Birds in this one, less than ten.....Think that LCC is going to use their speed to wear on the Titans...Hope that Lima can get two teams down to Columbus!
I am a Spartan, as was my father before me.

Lima Warriors
2007 USFA Champions
2007 MLFN 1AA National Champions
2010 HFL Champions
2010 AFNT AA National Champions
2010 Inductee Lima Warriors Hall of Fame

#33 Spartan87

All State

• Members
  • 768 posts

Member No.: 571

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostDakota Green, on 14 March 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

LCC has so much more talent then O-G as far as basketball that is a given. And when you look at the records and the margin of victories in the tournament, that also sides big with the T-Birds. With all that being said you cannot measure heart and the Titans despite the limitations of the talent have the heart, the drive, the grit, and possibly the bigger crowd when they do battle Saturday night. More then likely the Birds will pull away and win, but if they stay with LCC for an extended period of time their confidence will grow. Any way you look at it, despite I am sure various denials by the T-Bird coaching staff, the last team despite their record they wanted to play is O-G. The Titans have been a thorn in the side to the T-Birds and because of that have planted the seeds of doubt with LCC. I am hoping for a huge upset, because if that happens there will be some serious soul searching by number of movers and shakers of the LCC athletic department. Bottom line is that the pressure is on LCC, brought on by their coach who has been bragging and shooting off his mouth about Columbus or bust. The Titans have nothing to lose, but everything to gain. LCC has everything to lose and nothing to gain by winning, because they are expected to win.

Dakota, I know for a fact that the team that LCC wanted to play was OG....Ever hear "to be the man, you gotta beat the man". Thats what the Birds are on and I think this year they get it done...
I am a Spartan, as was my father before me.

Lima Warriors
2007 USFA Champions
2007 MLFN 1AA National Champions
2010 HFL Champions
2010 AFNT AA National Champions
2010 Inductee Lima Warriors Hall of Fame

#34 Irish Viking 87

All District

• Members
  • 433 posts

Member No.: 9522

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

Went yesterday and got my tickets for both games. Gonna make a day of it in BG. Probably hit Frickers or B-dubs between games(depends on where we can park) Looking forward to a day of great basketball. Pullin for the WBL to get two teams to Columbus. Days like today are what high school basketball are all about.

Edited by Irish Viking 87, 15 March 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#35 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostIrish Viking 87, on 15 March 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

Went yesterday and got my tickets for both games. Gonna make a day of it in BG. Probably hit Frickers or B-dubs between games(depends on where we can park) Looking forward to a day of great basketball. Pullin for the WBL to get two teams to Columbus. Days like today are what high school basketball are all about.

Shoulda hit Myles.
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#36 Thunderbolt

All League

• Members
  • 82 posts

Member No.: 1857

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

Go Titans! Beat Lima Senior....oops, I mean LCC

#37 Dakota Green

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Member No.: 4623

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

Listened to Frank Kill talk this morning on Sportstalk with Vince Koza and despite the repeated answer pertaining to play O-G and that they needed to complete the job today and going forward to next weekend, you could tell by the tone of his voice that this game has him concerned. However playing on a court that they haven't played on for a year despite a 90 minute practice on Friday and throw in the fact that it is the Ides of March and a full moon right now and he said that he didn't sleep well last night could be working on him. The T-Birds should be ready to win Saturday night or are the past nightmares of the previous 3 years working on him as we work our way to tonights game??????? We will know by the end of the day.

#38 BlueBuckIjays

All State

• Members
  • 520 posts

Member No.: 9539

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 14 March 2014 - 08:59 PM, said:

As the witching hour draws nigh, Frank Kill is probably getting ready for a restful night of sleep as images of blue and gold and titans past dance in his mind..........guys like Drew Ellerbrock. Michael Rosebrock, Chewy Kaufman, Caleb Siefker and the ultimate T-Bird slayer, TJ Metzger.

With this I will say Ty McGlaughlin's Jim Tressel will answer to Frank Kill's Lloyd Carr and the Titans will prevail............ OG 57 LCC 53.
Kill has cell phones strategically placed around the court to capture any controversial calls the officials might make :-)

#39 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

I spoke to Frank just a bit ago, and he did not sound the least bit concerned........just another stepping stone.....just another bridge to cross................

Good Luck to Coach Frank Kill and his Birds!!!!!!!

#40 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

Just passed the LCC school bus on their way to BGSU.....well, the school bus said
"Shawnee Local Schools" but I just took it that it was the 'Birds on board...

Waved out the window but the athletes were thoroughly engrossed with someone at the
front of the bus doing windmills with his arms....couldn't make out who for sure it
was, but I assume it was Coach Kill imploring his team to be ready for tonight's game...
most of them had "earphoneies" in their ears so I'm not sure how much they were hearing..

We sped off and are headed to Fricker's or BW3's for some pre-game food.....RM
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users