GIRLS PCL PLAYER OF THE YEAR

41 replies to this topic

#21 game225

All State

• Members
  • 573 posts

Member No.: 912

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:23 AM

yeah but how can you give it to a player who doesnt lead her team to victory against the big teams(i.e st. johns, continental)

#22 game1044

All League

• Members
  • 39 posts

Member No.: 976

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:03 PM

I'm going to guess that she "didn't" (I put that in quotation marks because I disagree with that) lead her team because she was marked and double-teamed the whole game. Granted, I agree that any really good player should be able to take themself out of pressure, but like you said, game225, they were big games. They were both good teams that had good defensive strategies, and apparently, it worked!

#23 hotdog

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Member No.: 1110

Posted 04 October 2006 - 02:39 PM

I have to say that Lindsay Bullinger is by far the best girls soccer player in the league this year. She doesn't have the most goals and assists, but she is a playmaker. She distributes the ball well, has great ball handling skills, knows the game and plays any position. The POY doesn't have to come from the team that wins the league, or be the player who scores the most goals. She should be the best player in the league.

Swamp Donkey, when you don’t play forward all the time, you won’t always score 30 goals a season. If you make the plays happen, that is what really counts. Bullinger has played midfield, defense and forward this year. She knows the game and is a very versatile player.

Sportfan4, Bullinger is a very physical player, which you portray as a bad thing. But really, it is just one more reason she should be POY. She gives all she’s got.

Game1044, I’m with you on keepers getting POY. There is no comparison between someone who plays midfield and touches the ball every fourth or fifth touch, vs someone who touches the ball maybe 10 times in 80 minutes. Lindsay Bullinger has been a marked player for 3 years, most often being double or triple teamed. She still scores 15-20 goals per season.

Dr. Pirate, you said a mouthful when you said Brooke Tegenkamp at forward does not allow teams to double team Coble. When Bullinger was double teamed against Continental, FJ had no other real scoring threats. When Sarah Coble was marked, Spitnale and Tegenkamp scored the goals. Notice, Game225, it wasn't Coble who scored against FJ.

#24 sportfan4

All League

• Members
  • 21 posts

Member No.: 998

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:47 PM

Dr. Pirate, you said a mouthful when you said Brooke Tegenkamp at forward does not allow teams to double team Coble. When Bullinger was double teamed against Continental, FJ had no other real scoring threats. When Sarah Coble was marked, Spitnale and Tegenkamp scored the goals. Notice, Game225, it wasn't Coble who scored against FJ.
[/quote]
Sarah Coble might not have scored against FJ but i believe she had both assists...is that a playmaker?

#25 Dr. Pirate

All District

• Members
  • 216 posts

Member No.: 999

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:35 AM

Hotdog- you are right! PCL POY should be the best player in the league and not from the team that wins the league. Its just too bad that the best player in the league this year is wearing blue and gold this year and not orange and black.

#26 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:07 PM

Dr.Dr.,
I think the best "girl" is dressed up in PG Rocket gear...............she competes against the boys every week and is having a heck of a year............so the best "girl" is definitely playing at PG, while maybe the best female playing against females is at Continental.............zooooooom

War Melanie Schroeder
War Stacey Niese
War Melanie Rieman
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#27 SWAMPDONKEY

• Members
  • 18 posts

Member No.: 720

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:01 PM

Rocket Man thats a big statement from someone who has never seen Continental girls play. Just because the girl from PG plays for the boys does not mean she is better than some of the other girls in the county.

#28 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:05 PM

Swamp,
seriously?............FJ boys had to battle back to tie PG this past weekend..........this girl is being out-muscled in every game she is playing..........you can not even begin to compare the level of play.............it's one thing to dominate against girls, but quite another thing to do the same against the guys..........

this girl would dominate if playing against all women............that is my opinion, probably can't be changed, but could be wrong I guess............zooooooom

#29 teddybear

• Members
  • 13 posts

Member No.: 153

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:46 PM

Rocketman I do think that the girl from PG is a very good player, but you must remember that soccer is a team sport and if she was playing with all girls her teammates would be all girls too. I have seen a lot of girls soccer games this year and I think all the teams I've seen have at least one or more players that could play (at least some minutes ) with a lot of the boys teams I've seen, but I don't think any player (girl or boy) can dominate without a good team playing with them. Continental girls have some very good players, but more important they have a very very good TEAM!!

#30 xplayer

All League

• Members
  • 59 posts

Member No.: 556

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:49 PM

Rocket even if the PG girl is the best female player in the county. She can not be voted Girls PCL player of the year because she is not playing on a Girls team. Even if they would allow her to be voted on for player of the year, how many of the girls coaches have seen her play? When is PG going to have a girls team? I heard the county teams are looking for another team for the league.

#31 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:57 AM

XXX,
and therein lies the problem.............Girls PCL player of the year...........

Q: does anyone question she is a girl?

Q: does she not play in the PCL?

Q: do the rules require that she play on a girls team?

Q: do any of you really think she's not the "best girl" playing in the PCL?

also I believe that PG is probably 3-4 years away from fielding a women's team.........zooooom

#32 SWAMPDONKEY

• Members
  • 18 posts

Member No.: 720

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:34 AM

Rocketman I wish PG would field a girls team to get us closer to 3 divisions, I can not believe that you have enough boys to have both a football and soccer team but not enough kids to have girls soccer. As far as who is the best female player we might never know. I do know that both Coble girls have played for boys club teams out of Defiance when they were younger and did very well. Which is most likely why Continental is where they are because some of the girls are used to quicker and stronger play.

#33 pking06 wassut

All District

• Members
  • 148 posts

Member No.: 1032

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:12 PM

i think i have to agree with rocketman on this 1.... i no of a girl who played soccer with the boys all her life. then in college she started to play with the girls. and now she is the all time goal scoring leader for defiance college... sos wen a girl wood play with the boys she wood seem average but agaisnt girls she could b very talented n stick out a little more

#34 xplayer

All League

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE(Rocketman @ Oct 12 2006, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
XXX,
and therein lies the problem.............Girls PCL player of the year...........

Q: does anyone question she is a girl?

Q: does she not play in the PCL?

Q: do the rules require that she play on a girls team?

Q: do any of you really think she's not the "best girl" playing in the PCL?
also I believe that PG is probably 3-4 years away from fielding a women's team.........zooooom

I watched her in one boys game this season when she was at our place and she looked like a girl playing on a boys team. If she may have been playing with a girls team she may have looked better. Every player has a bad game but i did not see anyone double teaming her when she got the ball. Or even man marking her. I didn't see any outstanding speed. But she is a girl playing on a boys team. Maybe if she played on a girls team she may have stood out more. If PG doesn't have a girls team couldn't she open enroll at OG. Katie Kiene did and she had a great career at OG and went on to DePaul.

#35 sportsnut

All State

• Members
  • 637 posts

Member No.: 532

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(pking06 wassut @ Oct 12 2006, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think i have to agree with rocketman on this 1.... i no of a girl who played soccer with the boys all her life. then in college she started to play with the girls. and now she is the all time goal scoring leader for defiance college... sos wen a girl wood play with the boys she wood seem average but agaisnt girls she could b very talented n stick out a little more

o yea who would that be? laugh.gif

#36 Golden Goal

All District

• Members
  • 173 posts

Member No.: 955

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:50 PM

I belive Diana Smith played on the boys team at Jennings, and now she is breaking records left and right at ONU.

#37 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:32 AM

So now that the train is gaining steam for the PG girl chances to win PCL player of the year I need you to write your congressmen, etc. expressing your views.........j/k........

What I would like for you to do is email the girl's coaches in the county to at least give them some insight on my views rolleyes.gif ...........zooooooom

#38 game1044

All League

• Members
  • 39 posts

Member No.: 976

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:40 PM

I do not mean to take anything away from this mysterious "PG girl" as we keep calling her, but who's to say that she's the only one in the league who has played with boys? Like SWAMPDONKEY said, the Coble girls have, plus I know some other girls in the league who have. Just because they play on girls teams in the fall, doesn't mean that they still can't keep up with the boys. It just so happens that when someone who is a solid player and who can play with the boys starts playing with girls who just aren't that caliber, it is hard to continue to play at that elite level. My point is, she may be a great player, although I wasn't exceptionally impressed, but she's got a team that isn't quite comparable to what other girls are playing with.

To you, Golden Goal, Diana actually played volleyball her freshman and sophmore years, along with SAY soccer (girls, not boys). But both junior and senior years she played for Girls Varsity, when Jennings actually got a team.

#39 xplayer

All League

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:34 PM

Sorry Game 1044 Diana never played SAY soccer her freshman or sophomore year just volleyball. Her two years of high school she set all kinds of records that will be hard for some girls to catch even in four years of play. There were a couple other girls for Ft Jennings anad Kalida and Miller City that played on the boys teams before they had girls teams. Coach Czubick daughter played for Kalida boys team and did very well and went on to play in college. Diana went on to play at ONU. Sorry Rocket as far as the PG girl getting the girls PCL player of the year I don't see it happening.

#40 pclsoccerfreak

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Member No.: 1037

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(stevie wonder @ Sep 16 2006, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would have to say that the Triplehorn girl from PG has to now be mentioned in the same breath as some of the rest. Especially since she is starting and scoring on the boys team at PG. Go Rockets

Just to give you fact she is not playing this year!
And no girl is starting on PG they have 3 girls and 1 - 11th grade ( Nicki H) She is the one that scored on the pirates, 1- 10th grade (Jamia G) and 1 9th grader ( Dedra L) The Triplehorn girl did not play this year but will be back next year. Just to give you fact

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users