The Sheen Scene - Pre-Christmas Rankings!!!

42 replies to this topic

#21 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:23 PM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 15 December 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

I think you just picked how the order of the PCL will go this year. The only question is who's fighting for the basement.

Fort Jennings is absolutely horrible!!!!!!

#22 Spartan87

All State

• Members
  • 768 posts

Member No.: 571

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:09 PM

View PostRocketman, on 16 December 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

I’m pretty sure that OG plays Lima Sr later on in the season....it will be interesting to see how they do vs. Columbus/Lima/Dayton/Toledo’s best.....have the old Lima Mixers bloodlines still providing talent?

Curious... Who are the kids on the Spartan roster from Dayton and Toledo? Since you're in the know Rocket.. Who are they?
I am a Spartan, as was my father before me.

Lima Warriors
2007 USFA Champions
2007 MLFN 1AA National Champions
2010 HFL Champions
2010 AFNT AA National Champions
2010 Inductee Lima Warriors Hall of Fame

#23 CTX_1

All State

• Members
  • 584 posts

Member No.: 3186

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:20 PM

View Postflounder, on 17 December 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

Crestview plays Ft Jennings Tuesday night.

#24 Hound Dog

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Member No.: 700

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:34 PM

I'm really surprised on how mediocre Leipsic is at the moment. I thought they would be fighting to be in the top tier of the league, but it sure doesn't look like it the way they are playing now.
2011-2012 Las Falcon's Basketball Pick-Em Champion!

#25 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:04 PM

Have you watched the Pirates play? Anyone remember flounder saying Jennings will be good this year?

#26 CTX_1

All State

• Members
  • 584 posts

Member No.: 3186

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:25 AM

View PostHound Dog, on 17 December 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

I'm really surprised on how mediocre Leipsic is at the moment. I thought they would be fighting to be in the top tier of the league, but it sure doesn't look like it the way they are playing now.

What's going on in the PCL? How will PG be? Kalida and Grove the best ???

#27 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:20 PM

View PostCTX_1, on 18 December 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

What's going on in the PCL? How will PG be? Kalida and Grove the best ???

Looks like Kalida, Grove, and then maybe Ottoville (3rd). Other teams are a little down this year. Looks like OG is real strong.

#28 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:22 AM

OG is 5-0 now and averaging nearly 87 points per game.

#29 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Member No.: 8871

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:37 AM

Was kind of surprised by the halftime score last night, but I"ve got a feeling that OG is going to wear down a lot of teams in the second half of games. Playing so many guys and being able to press the entire game is going to make it tough on opposing teams...especially if they don't have more than a couple guys who can handle the ball for 32 minutes. Good test coming up at Archbold, though I"m not sure the streaks have the horses to run with the Titans for 32 minutes

#30 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:23 PM

Just an FYI....just saw that OG - Archbold is going to be live on WOSN Saturday at 7:30

Also just noticed that Archbold has changed Districts. They are in the Lima Senior District now.....making Saturday's game likely the first of two games this season between the Titans and Streaks

Edited by charliesheen, 20 December 2018 - 10:38 AM.

#31 Racer

All League

• Members
  • 58 posts

Member No.: 9899

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:04 PM

BG shot 58% in the 1st half from the floor and 80% from the line. Elsasser is the best player I have seen in person this year and had 17 1st half points. Most likely the fact that all OG starters had 2 fouls in the 1st half which may have lessened their defensive intensity.

Edited by Racer, 19 December 2018 - 05:05 PM.

#32 dufus

All District

• Members
  • 106 posts

Member No.: 9633

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:19 AM

Hey ya think us people here in Putnam county and surrounding area might start having some respect for that team up North in Fulton County! Not a bad group of players. New coach but still playing at high level! Some of those boys have game!!!

Edited by dufus, 23 December 2018 - 02:25 AM.

#33 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:39 AM

Heck of a game....though I thought the Titans kinda gave it away late. Kept putting up quick shots in the 4th, even with a lead....and for whatever reason they just felt like giving Archbold layups over and over was somehow a good idea defensively. The zone was trying to take away the 3 pointer, but it just kept leaving the inside open for easy buckets. Either way, a great game....by two teams that likely will meet up again for the District title. On that note, it's tough to beat a good team twice in the same year....if the Streaks are gonna get one, I'd rather it be last night than in March.

Edited by charliesheen, 23 December 2018 - 08:40 AM.

#34 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 23 December 2018 - 12:28 PM

View Postcharliesheen, on 23 December 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

On that note, it's tough to beat a good team twice in the same year....if the Streaks are gonna get one, I'd rather it be last night than in March.

Yes it is tough to do, but not if you are a good team as well.
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#35 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:49 PM

Mysterio, you go to your boys game last night? My wife and myself made the trip down and you guys have a nice team. Thorbahn can flat out play. To bad we didn't get to see any dunks.

I did make a mistake by wearing my Continental Pirates shirt. One of your fans must have thought it said DSJ Blue Jays on it and told us to move over a section. I was kind of jealous because he smelled like a brewery. The funny thing was those 2 seats sat empty the whole game.

#36 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:01 PM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 23 December 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Mysterio, you go to your boys game last night? My wife and myself made the trip down and you guys have a nice team. Thorbahn can flat out play. To bad we didn't get to see any dunks.

I did make a mistake by wearing my Continental Pirates shirt. One of your fans must have thought it said DSJ Blue Jays on it and told us to move over a section. I was kind of jealous because he smelled like a brewery. The funny thing was those 2 seats sat empty the whole game.

General, he probably just left the VFW or Wannemacher's. Sorry, he probably could not read very well in his condition, wrong color blue.

#37 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:17 PM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 23 December 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

No unfortunately I had something going on. But yea they got some nice young players. Gonna be a good team the next couple years or so if healthy. Seuver did throw it down twice at Elida on Friday. So good to see hes doing ok after that injury. Hope he stays healthy because hes good kid and fun to watch. But ya thats funny those guys told ya to move. You shoulda told them you would buy them a beer at Wannies after.

Edited by Mysterio, 23 December 2018 - 07:18 PM.

No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#38 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

View Postdufus, on 23 December 2018 - 02:19 AM, said:

Hey ya think us people here in Putnam county and surrounding area might start having some respect for that team up North in Fulton County! Not a bad group of players. New coach but still playing at high level! Some of those boys have game!!!
Was able to watch the replay on WOSN and a couple of things I gathered........OG can’t play man defense worth a hoot. Good guards eat them up (last year vs Archbold) and will continue going forward. Findlay has a couple also, we’ll see if the OG coach can adapt. And when it came down to crunch time, OG folded again. Smarter players would help, you cannot make the mistakes they made down the stretch against good teams.
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#39 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 24 December 2018 - 01:19 PM

View PostMysterio, on 23 December 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

No unfortunately I had something going on. But yea they got some nice young players. Gonna be a good team the next couple years or so if healthy. Seuver did throw it down twice at Elida on Friday. So good to see hes doing ok after that injury. Hope he stays healthy because hes good kid and fun to watch. But ya thats funny those guys told ya to move. You shoulda told them you would buy them a beer at Wannies after.

The Suever kid has Blue Jay genes!!!!!!

#40 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:03 PM

View PostSpartan87, on 17 December 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Curious... Who are the kids on the Spartan roster from Dayton and Toledo? Since you're in the know Rocket.. Who are they?

I guess we’ve found the answer to the question......coach Q went looking for them after the game Tuesday night after losing to OG....that had to be it because he’s done it a few other times this year also.....he’s in such a hurry to find them he doesn’t have time to speak when they lose a game....however when they do win he’s real easy to find
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users