Reds sign Cuban defecter

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Gumshoe_*

• Guests

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:29 AM

For Reds fans in what I can only describe as shocking given their tight pockets, signed Cuban defector Arondis Chapman, a 22 year old left handed starting pitcher. They say he tops out around 100mph but often hits the bull standing over by the dugout. 6 years for 30 million dollars should allow him to plenty of garders and breathing throw your eye lids lessons.

#2 labatts69

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Member No.: 695

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:50 PM

well, we aren't going anywhere this year with basically returning what we had last year. they are hoping he pans out and can enter the rotation in the second half of the season. risky move but at least they are trying something rather than constantly signing guys to minor league contracts and hoping they do something.
2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 - Champion
Fantasy Baseball -RCBL

#3 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Member No.: 3689

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

If all the young pitchers live up to their reputations, think of this rotation: Edinson Volquez, Aroldis Chapman, Johnny Cueto, and Homer Bailey. Hey, Matt Maloney or Micah Owings, wanna pitch as the 5th starter 20 times a year? Either way, that would be BRUTAL. I really think Arroyo and Harang are both gone at the trade deadline this year if the Reds are not in contention. Hate to see it, but that's my thought.

#4 labatts69

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Member No.: 695

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:57 PM

I agree Duh but it is time for a change. Both Arroyo and Harang have been faithfuls of the Reds lately but both deserve better before their game is gone and they have nothing left to offer other teams. Lets just hope that our young hitters are maturing and we can offer some offense to go with the pitching we have.
2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 - Champion
Fantasy Baseball -RCBL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users