WBL SOFTBALL PREDICTIONS

40 replies to this topic

#21 *slippery*when*wet*

• Members
  • 19 posts

Member No.: 3392

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:39 PM

I see the Cougars returning this season with a little more experience. This will be their second year with coach Bollenbaugh, and they've got a lot of talent.

However, I see St. Mary's taking it.

#22 SHSIndiansFan

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Member No.: 3399

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE(*slippery*when*wet* @ Feb 27 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see the Cougars returning this season with a little more experience. This will be their second year with coach Bollenbaugh, and they've got a lot of talent.

However, I see St. Mary's taking it.

Well that has yet to be decided, Id like to say that Shawnee has the tools and the talent....Only losing one player last year has increased their opportunities.Its time for them to ...pardon the phase...Step up to the plate and take the WBL.And for goodness sake dont fall for Thornsberry's rising fast ball thats 6"s out the strike zone by the time it hits the catchers mitt.

#23 the_beezer

All State

• Members
  • 696 posts

Member No.: 3358

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:33 PM

As for Thornsberry you cant hit what you dont see. That 6" fastball is called a rising fastball.

#24 SHSIndiansFan

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(the_beezer @ Mar 1 2008, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for Thornsberry you cant hit what you dont see. That 6" fastball is called a rising fastball.

A strike is still a strike if your foolish to go after it.Congrats to her. High & fast is a temptation that needs to be controlled. The future will paint a better picture of things to come.

#25 divetrapsweep

All League

• Members
  • 32 posts

Member No.: 3385

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

A beleive you are talking about Thornsberry's riseball, it has to be one of the best in the state. A fastball does not rise unless a pitcher puts the proper spin on the ball and to do this you have to grip the ball a certain way, spin the ball differently out of your hand, and even change your arm motion. A fastball will have some natural break but it won't rise. The main reason riseballs are so hard to layoff of is because the pitcher releases it lower than she does a fastball and a hitter only has a split second to decide if she wants to swing or not. When released properly it looks like a belt high fastball off of her hand but ends up at the letters or higher. A disciplined hitter will be able to lay off a high fastball because she will notice coming off the pitchers hand the ball will be high, but a riseball will look belt high off of the pitchers hand and will look very hittable until it reachs the plate. Watch Jenny Finch she throws the best riseball in the game, it is an awesome pitch. Just as some pitchers throw great dropballs and it will look to a fan like your team is always swinging at pitchs in the dirt when the pitch looks like a strike off of the pitchers hand.

#26 Knuckles

All District

• Members
  • 102 posts

Member No.: 3057

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:15 AM

Bath should win the WBL. It will be interesting to see how Defiance's pitching is this year. They should have a freshman up on Varsity (Turner). Very good pitcher, plus Holbrook. They'll have some other upperclassmen and many a sophomore to help out the rotation. Tobias must be the leader on the team and bring all the bats around to make an impact in the WBL.

#27 SHSIndiansFan

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

To whom wins the WBL, really look at the league as a whole, realistically there could be any of several teams.If we reply to "Who do you hope wins?", I think its fairly obvious we all have a favorite.This league has risen from just 2 or 3 consistent teams that have proven hard work & dedication and love for the game will breed success. Today that type of mentally toughness has to be mandatory, As Ive watched my daughter play varsity over the past few years , Ive had the opportunity to see many teams who are teenagers off the field but deadly serious once the step onto the field. Their the ones who bring home the honors.I hope to see Shawnee take another step up in the WBL . I think they have a team that won't stop until they have acheived their goals. .......

Even a better question Id like to hear what WBL players they feel are going to make a impact for their respected teams?Shawnee only lost one senior from last year and I'd have a long list of whom I feel IMO are going to be a Terror.
Time to Grip it and Rip Ladies

#28 DC/MS

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,304 posts

Member No.: 1707

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

Bath, Shawnee, St. Marys, Van Wert, Celina, Wapak, Ottawa, Defiance have all been mentioned as being possible league champs. Sounds to me like the W.B.L. should be a dandy this year. thumbup1.gif
awjeez.jpgawjeez.jpg

#29 SHSIndiansFan

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(DC/MS @ Mar 7 2008, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bath, Shawnee, St. Marys, Van Wert, Celina, Wapak, Ottawa, Defiance have all been mentioned as being possible league champs. Sounds to me like the W.B.L. should be a dandy this year. thumbup1.gif

I would tend to agree with you. Its going to be a fun season

#30 Knuckles

All District

• Members
  • 102 posts

Member No.: 3057

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:36 PM

SHSIndiansFan,

My comments about the who will make an impact on Defiance's team are listed above. Will be intersting to be other's people opinions on all the WBL teams and their players.

#31 DC/MS

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:00 PM

Don't forget all WBL honorable mention and RBI leader, Jenny Marsh from Shawnee. She has a cannon in rightfield.
awjeez.jpgawjeez.jpg

#32 SHSIndiansFan

All League

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(DC/MS @ Mar 18 2008, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't forget all WBL honorable mention and RBI leader, Jenny Marsh from Shawnee. She has a cannon in rightfield.

Yes Jenny will be effective this year , I think she tied for HR's at Shawnee with some other girl who plays Centerfield,gotta love a player who throws runners out at home from the Outfield.Of course Ive been informed "I am not allowed to name" players per a person in my household LOL

#33 ohioguy102474

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,377 posts

Member No.: 509

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(flauthelez @ Apr 1 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but if rumors are true, the girls have been slacking in practices. Anyone else hear anything about this?

umm yeah right pav.gif

Edited by ohioguy102474, 02 April 2008 - 06:50 AM.

Go Bath Wildcats and Wildkittens! Go Ohio State!

#34 going all the way

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Member No.: 3526

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

WOW flauthelez could this be coming from someone that has gotten CUT from the team or a parent? That is some rumor!!! The Wildkittens I don't think ever slack at practice. As far as Ricker she always gives 110% along with Sanders and Snider these 3 are very mentally focused and they may be hard on themselves if an error is made but they always recover. I don't think you have to worry about the Wildkittens slacking there is NO WAY Coach Ford would ever allow that. Maybe you should watch one of their practices. I personally have gotten to watch all 3 of these ladies and all are very good and yes Ricker may get down on herself if an error is made and she knows it should not of been but to let it take over the whole game boy are you far from the truth. Sanders is a excellent ball player and can prove it and Snider is a good pitcher. I don't remember hearing anything saying the Bath team was going to be GREAT, but if you are a true WILDKITTEN fan you know that the first week-end speaking of Greenville they try all of the players so I guess you would not be a true fan. My daughter has played with all 3 of these ball players and would again. Flauthelez if you don't have something nice to say maybe you should look at yourself. These 3 ball players do not make a team they are part of a team that everyone needs to step up!!!!!!!!!!!! It takes A TEAM to win and A TEAM to lose.

#35 JackCord4

All District

• Contributing Member
  • 411 posts

Member No.: 2876

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:58 AM

I was going to go watch Crestview at Elida tonight but I may have to go and watch LCC at Bath and witness the "circus" that the Bath softball program has become. laugh.gif

Bath is not overrated, they will be a major player in the highly competitive WBL this year.

#36 KittenPower

All District

• Members
  • 224 posts

Member No.: 393

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:19 AM

flauthelez, all I can say is "Wow, what axe do you have to grind??????" To call out three very good softball players the way you did, and suggest that the enitre team is being lazy at practice just floors me. So you think the players have flaws? Well we don't really care what you think. Shame on you-- These are teenage girls, playing a sport they love, giving it their all. If I'm not mistaken, everyone makes mistakes or errors. Sometimes people let mistakes bother them too much. Probably because they care so much, and want to play their best. Shame on you for being a jerk, and slamming teenage kids. I guess I'll assume it was a mistake, and hopefully you'll learn from your mistake, and not repeat the stupidity. If you don't like the way the team is heading, then by all means stay home.... No one needs your negativity. As for me, I'll sit back and enjoy watching the Kittens all season long. I'm guessing they'll be as competitive as ever.

Hey Jack, don't waste your time coming to watch all the lazy players at Bath. Probably won't win a game this year. wink.gif

Edited by KittenPower, 02 April 2008 - 11:27 AM.

Believe/Achieve

#37 JackCord4

All District

• Contributing Member
  • 411 posts

Member No.: 2876

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(KittenPower @ Apr 2 2008, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
flauthelez, all I can say is "Wow, what axe do you have to grind??????" To call out three very good softball players the way you did, and suggest that the enitre team is being lazy at practice just floors me. So you think the players have flaws? Well we don't really care what you think. Shame on you-- These are teenage girls, playing a sport they love, giving it their all. If I'm not mistaken, everyone makes mistakes or errors. Sometimes people let mistakes bother them too much. Probably because they care so much, and want to play their best. Shame on you for being a jerk, and slamming teenage kids. I guess I'll assume it was a mistake, and hopefully you'll learn from your mistake, and not repeat the stupidity. If you don't like the way the team is heading, then by all means stay home.... No one needs your negativity. As for me, I'll sit back and enjoy watching the Kittens all season long. I'm guessing they'll be as competitive as ever.

Hey Jack, don't waste your time coming to watch all the lazy players at Bath. Probably won't win a game this year. wink.gif

pigskinp.gif

I will be there. I appreciate good programs, playing softball the way it is intended to be played.

#38 ohioguy102474

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(KittenPower @ Apr 2 2008, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um KP...what do ya REALLY think?? whistling.gif laugh.gif pigskinp.gif

#39 DC/MS

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:38 PM

I'm sorry I missed what flauthelez had to say, but somehow I have a feeling that 'ole flauth is talking some smack.
awjeez.jpgawjeez.jpg

#40 ohioguy102474

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(DC/MS @ Apr 3 2008, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry I missed what flauthelez had to say, but somehow I have a feeling that 'ole flauth is talking some smack.

Ya didn't miss too much. Just spouting off basically saying the girls are a bunch of slackers. As if Coach Ford would let them get away with that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users