Can The Rocketcorner Get 1000 Members By The End Of The Month ?

73 replies to this topic

#41 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:36 PM

We are currently at 425 members...........in the month of January we had 1.4 million hits, yes 1.4 million hits wink.gif ...........through the 13th of this month we are closing in on 1 million already..............our two biggest days were the last two days according to our stats service............we set a record for online users also earlier this week.............

The word is getting out about the RocketCorner................as you've noticed, threads don't stay on the front page nearly as long anymore...........we've even picked up a few sponsors along the way to help with expenses...........(did I mention I am taking my wife to Cancun Friday? cool.gif )..........so I pleased with our success so far, but am mostly proud of the quality of the posters, and the comraderie that is being shown.....

thanks again, zoooooooom
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#42 hsfan

All District

• Members
  • 299 posts

Member No.: 371

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(Rocketman @ Feb 14 2006, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are currently at 425 members...........in the month of January we had 1.4 million hits, yes 1.4 million hits wink.gif ...........through the 13th of this month we are closing in on 1 million already..............our two biggest days were the last two days according to our stats service............we set a record for online users also earlier this week.............

The word is getting out about the RocketCorner................as you've noticed, threads don't stay on the front page nearly as long anymore...........we've even picked up a few sponsors along the way to help with expenses...........(did I mention I am taking my wife to Cancun Friday? cool.gif )..........so I pleased with our success so far, but am mostly proud of the quality of the posters, and the comraderie that is being shown.....

thanks again, zoooooooom

Great news Rocketman.
If your wife backs out at the last minute, let me know! ROTFLMAO! laugh.gif
This is a great site and the membes of the site are second to none! Nuli Secondus (Second to none!)

hsfan

#43 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:52 AM

hsfan....

You are a little late.....I have already discussed this with Rocket.......his answer was an emphatic NO!!!!!!!

#44 dawger

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,953 posts

Member No.: 43

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:34 PM

hsfan,

I love the Latin phrase!!!......... laugh.gif ............ cool.gif
Philippians 4:13

DAWGER

#45 UNDISPUTED

• Members
  • 13 posts

Member No.: 467

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:06 PM

I THINK JJ LIKES A LITTLE COMPETITION AND MIGHT SEE HOW FAR WILL GO

#46 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:49 PM

Undisputedtruth,
JJ doesn't have to worry about us...........we have 450 members............he has that many get gonged a week laugh.gif ........zoooom

#47 weezy

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Member No.: 385

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:51 PM

wow i cant believe jj kicked you off for posting that. i would take Rocketcorner over jj huddle any time.

Thanks Rocketman

Edited by weezy, 17 February 2006 - 12:52 PM.

#48 hsfan

All District

• Members
  • 299 posts

Member No.: 371

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE(dawger @ Feb 15 2006, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hsfan,

I love the Latin phrase!!!......... laugh.gif ............ cool.gif

In college, that was our motto. The stoners always said Sculli Nebundus, which meant a good Sig never blew his toke! laugh.gif

Edited by hsfan, 23 February 2006 - 08:51 AM.

#49 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:47 PM

We have now passed the 500 member threshold.............good things are happening here at the RocketCorner rolleyes.gif ...........thanks to everyone................zoooooom

#50 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:32 PM

Rocketman...

I mentioned on another thread.....you have a good thing going here.....I see things going only in a positive direction in the future!!!!!!

#51 VikingFan

All State

• Members
  • 599 posts

Member No.: 31

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:02 PM

Things are going good, and it seems there are more people joining from outside of NW Ohio which is even better.

#52 belmoreboys

All State

• Members
  • 703 posts

Member No.: 334

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:10 PM

we tryed boys sorry we need more business cards to go out to more schools a great time to do so is at the turny games hand them out or put them on cars
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

#53 belmoreboys

All State

• Members
  • 703 posts

Member No.: 334

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:54 AM

I dont think 1000 members but maybe close
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

#54 emoviking

All League

• Members
  • 42 posts

Member No.: 558

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:29 AM

dude we could totally top 2000 no problemo

#55 Buckeye Bred

All League

• Members
  • 58 posts

Member No.: 538

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:18 PM

My honest opinion is.....

keep the corner small...

thats what drug jj down....it got so big.......that you didnt know anything about any of the teams that were being posted about...because there were so many people from all over ohio.... i understand rocketman would want it to increase....just my point of view.....

my favorite memory of jj was back in like 2001 when it was 75% Putnam County sports

Go Bucks blink.gif

Edited by Buckeye Bred, 03 March 2006 - 03:19 PM.

#56 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:25 PM

I would like to keep it rather small as well...But if we could get 1000 members from around this area that would be great!
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#57 PK08

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Member No.: 352

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:49 PM

Ok, how about 100 members by the end of this month? Probably not seeing how far off we were last month but maybe we'll get some more baseball fans.
I wanted to have a career in sports when I was young, but I had to give it up. I'm only six feet tall, so I couldn't play basketball. I'm only 190 pounds, so I couldn't play football. And I have 20-20 vision, so I couldn't be a referee. ~Jay Leno

#58 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:02 PM

We are now at over 600 high quality members with an average of 10 people signing up each day........if we can continue that through the boys state tourney we should stand at around 750 members by the end of March..........not bad for 3 months work............... rolleyes.gif

I want to thank everyone who's either joined, is thinking about joining, or just the person who visits to read about Ohio high school sports..........you do know that this is a FREE site to join though?..........wouldn't you like to say you were a member of the RocketCorner when it was only 3 months old?.........it's something you could tell your grandchildren one day smile.gif ........or in the case of you old-timers, it's something you can tell the folks at the nursing home in a few years.......... blink.gif .......zooooom

#59 MCguy

All State

• Members
  • 909 posts

Member No.: 103

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:16 PM

You're absolutly right rocketman. I take pride in saying I joined in the first week and a half or so. I was also the first from Miller City to get on here. (And still the oldest.)

#60 PK08

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Member No.: 352

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:51 PM

Haha MCguy what an accomplishment, oldest MC poster tongue.gif. Makes me wonder though....who's the oldest Leipsic poster? I think VikingFan?
I wanted to have a career in sports when I was young, but I had to give it up. I'm only six feet tall, so I couldn't play basketball. I'm only 190 pounds, so I couldn't play football. And I have 20-20 vision, so I couldn't be a referee. ~Jay Leno

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users