Cleveland Browns head coaching search

5 replies to this topic

#1 fiver

All State

• Members
  • 980 posts

Member No.: 5734

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

Who do you think is going to the new head coach?

#2 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (fiver @ Jan 3 2011, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who do you think is going to the new head coach?

I hope it's Gruden. He is from Sandusky, grew up a Browns fan, and rusn the type of offense (West Coast), that Holmgren wants and is condusive to Colt McCoy's arm

#3 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (lepiota @ Jan 3 2011, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope it's Gruden. He is from Sandusky, grew up a Browns fan, and rusn the type of offense (West Coast), that Holmgren wants and is condusive to Colt McCoy's arm

Jon Gruden is smarter than this rolleyes.gif

I would imagine someone like Marty Mohrnigwig (sp) or perhaps Steve Mariucci............possibly even Matt Millen or even Norv Turner after he's fired.........that's the typical type of Browns coach they will get...........no Gruden, no Cowher, no Harbaugh............the Browns are relegated to second-class citizenship and it's not changing for awhile.............zoooom
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#4 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Rocketman @ Jan 3 2011, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jon Gruden is smarter than this rolleyes.gif

I would imagine someone like Marty Mohrnigwig (sp) or perhaps Steve Mariuchi............possibly even Matt Millen or even Norv Turner after he's fired.........that's the typical type of Browns coach they will get...........no Gruden, no Cowher, no Harbaugh............the Browns are relegated to second-class citizenship and it's not changing for awhile.............zoooom

Boy, ain't it the truth. You can even see it in the way officials call the game. If a call is real close, it usually doesn't go the Browns way. Similar to how All Star Baseball players get a better strike zone than the rest of the joes.

#5 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (Rocketman @ Jan 3 2011, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the Browns are relegated to second-class citizenship and it's not changing for awhile.............zoooom

2nd class citizen-coach Shurmur was named the Browns 847th head coach since returning to Cleveland in '99 wink.gif ..........this is about what I had envisioned after hearing the demise of Mangenius.......here's hoping that in 2013 the new head coach for the Browns will have some sort of head coaching experience....I still say that Matt Millen is the perfect fit for Cleveland rolleyes.gif
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#6 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Rocketman @ Jan 14 2011, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2nd class citizen-coach Shurmur was named the Browns 847th head coach since returning to Cleveland in '99 wink.gif ..........this is about what I had envisioned after hearing the demise of Mangenius.......here's hoping that in 2013 the new head coach for the Browns will have some sort of head coaching experience....I still say that Matt Millen is the perfect fit for Cleveland rolleyes.gif

Someday I will have a snappy comeback for you in defense of my Brownies, RM, but until then I can only say this: bag.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users