Reg Semi

25 replies to this topic

#1 justin44

All State

• Members
  • 634 posts

Member No.: 3352

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:26 AM

The last time these two played , I think my heart stopped about nine times as the Minutemen put up many point-blank offensive rebounds before the final buzzer sounded without any of them falling. With all the hoops being played this week
by Lady Titans & this group, let's hope this one is a little easier on the ticker ! Anyone know anything on Lexington?

#2 Spartan87

All State

• Members
  • 768 posts

Member No.: 571

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:42 PM

Good luck Titans!
I am a Spartan, as was my father before me.

Lima Warriors
2007 USFA Champions
2007 MLFN 1AA National Champions
2010 HFL Champions
2010 AFNT AA National Champions
2010 Inductee Lima Warriors Hall of Fame

#3 Dakota Green

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Member No.: 4623

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:49 PM

Lexington starts 3 seniors 1 junior and 1 freshman. The point guard was the player of the year in their conference(Ohio Cardinal Conference) point guard Joey Zahn. They have 2 players that had double doubles in their win over Sandusky, 6' 5 senior Joshua Youssey had 33 points and 17 rebounds and freshman 6'5 Cade Stover had 17 poiints and 14 rebounds in their wins. Looks from their schedule is that they like to go up and down the court and obviously from Saturdays game they are very good inside the paint. Supposedly the freshman Stover is a special player with a lot of talent because he was a second team selection in their conference while Youssey was also a first team selection with Zahn. Not sure how deep they go with their bench. Hope this information helps.

#4 Dakota Green

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Member No.: 4623

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostDakota Green, on 06 March 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

Lexington starts 3 seniors 1 junior and 1 freshman. The point guard was the player of the year in their conference(Ohio Cardinal Conference) point guard Joey Zahn. They have 2 players that had double doubles in their win over Sandusky, 6' 5 senior Joshua Youssey had 33 points and 17 rebounds and freshman 6'5 Cade Stover had 17 poiints and 14 rebounds in their wins. Looks from their schedule is that they like to go up and down the court and obviously from Saturdays game they are very good inside the paint. Supposedly the freshman Stover is a special player with a lot of talent because he was a second team selection in their conference while Youssey was also a first team selection with Zahn. Not sure how deep they go with their bench. Hope this information helps.
Got the name wrong its Jonah Yaussey not Joshua Youssey same height though

#5 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:35 PM

Hell of a win yesterday for OG, should be a fun one. Curious to see if they move the timing at all of the game.

http://www.michaelhi...egional-berths/
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#6 neutronman

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Member No.: 5002

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:34 PM

Any word if game date/time has been changed?

#7 outsider

All League

• Members
  • 20 posts

Member No.: 9247

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:06 PM

I would say a change is doubtful. I am pretty confident the girls game will not change. Alter is in the same boat on Thursday night. If the state changes the boys game to possibly Wed, then that affects 7 other teams, 3 D2 and 4 D3 at BG. If the time is changed, it would have to be at around 4 to make a difference I would think. That really is a disadvantage to Lexington. Also, most official have day jobs that would make arriving at BG that early very tough on some cases. Hoping there is an answer for all the titan fans, but not sure the State will be willing to inconvenience so many schools to benefit 1 or 2 if they rearrange Alter also. Then if both girls and boys win, Saturday would be more of the same.

#8 Ericles

All State

• Members
  • 508 posts

Member No.: 5556

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:02 PM

View Postoutsider, on 06 March 2016 - 09:06 PM, said:

I would say a change is doubtful. I am pretty confident the girls game will not change. Alter is in the same boat on Thursday night. If the state changes the boys game to possibly Wed, then that affects 7 other teams, 3 D2 and 4 D3 at BG. If the time is changed, it would have to be at around 4 to make a difference I would think. That really is a disadvantage to Lexington. Also, most official have day jobs that would make arriving at BG that early very tough on some cases. Hoping there is an answer for all the titan fans, but not sure the State will be willing to inconvenience so many schools to benefit 1 or 2 if they rearrange Alter also. Then if both girls and boys win, Saturday would be more of the same.

I agree that nothing will change. Rogers could have possibly been in the same boat and I was told that the only possible accommodation that would have been made was to switch the regional semi times @ BGSU - that would be useless considering the time and locations.

That being said....I could see them maybe switching the D2 and D3 regional final times on Saturday to allow for the POSSIBILITY that OG's girls, boys, or both would win. But that would have to probably be done before Thursday.

#9 doughash

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,220 posts

Member No.: 135

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:52 AM

A little common sense with the original schedule and they wouldn't have to worry about rescheduling. For the boys it seems like they have the regional semis on the same night year after year for the specific divisions. But you would think if you have the girls D-2 state semis on Thursday night you would want to avoid having the boys D-2 regional semis on the same night. Between the 2 OG games on Thursday the OHSAA probably cost themselves $6 to $8k in gate receipts.

#10 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:33 AM

View Postdoughash, on 07 March 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

A little common sense with the original schedule and they wouldn't have to worry about rescheduling. For the boys it seems like they have the regional semis on the same night year after year for the specific divisions. But you would think if you have the girls D-2 state semis on Thursday night you would want to avoid having the boys D-2 regional semis on the same night. Between the 2 OG games on Thursday the OHSAA probably cost themselves $6 to $8k in gate receipts.

...and that should give the OHSAA some incentive to figure something out, but doubtful anything will get done. I would say 75 % of fans that attend the boys games would attend the girls if they were played on separate nights and vice versa. Tough situation overall, but a nice problem to have!

#11 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Member No.: 8871

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:15 PM

The problem with that would be that the D3 girls are on Thursday also.....if they had scheduled D2 boys on Weds and D3 on Thursday they could have run into the same problem. As it is, not sure why after OG's girls won on Friday that they didn't put an IF/WHEN plan into place right away....OG boys played at 2pm on Saturday.....the D3 finals were at 7:00pm. Would have been easy just to tell the D3's right after their game that they were playing Thursday instead of Wednesday

Falcon,your $6-8000 number isn't close. OG would likely have had 2500+ at each game. By playing them at the same time and splitting the fan base, that's 2500 tickets the OHSAA won't get to sell....you can do the math

Edited by charliesheen, 07 March 2016 - 01:19 PM.

#12 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:07 PM

View Postcharliesheen, on 07 March 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

The problem with that would be that the D3 girls are on Thursday also.....if they had scheduled D2 boys on Weds and D3 on Thursday they could have run into the same problem. As it is, not sure why after OG's girls won on Friday that they didn't put an IF/WHEN plan into place right away....OG boys played at 2pm on Saturday.....the D3 finals were at 7:00pm. Would have been easy just to tell the D3's right after their game that they were playing Thursday instead of Wednesday Falcon,your $6-8000 number isn't close. OG would likely have had 2500+ at each game. By playing them at the same time and splitting the fan base, that's 2500 tickets the OHSAA won't get to sell....you can do the math

the $6-8000 number was doughash's, not mine, but I get your point.

#13 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:41 PM

According to a post from OGHS on Facebook, moving the boys is still under consideration. It says there will be an announcement by 8pm tonight. Seems crazy that it's taken this long if they were actually considering it. Seems simple at BGSU. Kettering Alter is in the same situation. My thinking is maybe they can't get Alter done and don't want to do one unless they can do both.

#14 FlightCrew

All State

• Members
  • 519 posts

Member No.: 9467

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

View Postcharliesheen, on 07 March 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

According to a post from OGHS on Facebook, moving the boys is still under consideration. It says there will be an announcement by 8pm tonight. Seems crazy that it's taken this long if they were actually considering it. Seems simple at BGSU. Kettering Alter is in the same situation. My thinking is maybe they can't get Alter done and don't want to do one unless they can do both.
Your deadline came and went.....

#15 erniefurgler

All District

• Members
  • 195 posts

Member No.: 3470

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:35 PM

the $6-8000 number was doughash's, not mine, but I get your point

Wouldn't the OHSAA still collect their $$, just split between sites??

#16 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:56 PM

View Posterniefurgler, on 08 March 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

Wouldn't the OHSAA still collect their $$, just split between sites??

If they had played on separate nights, they'd have collected twice as much....2500 or so at the boys game, then 2500 or so at the girls game in Columbus. Now they're going to split it....2500 total. It's going to cost them well over $15K by not making the move. Double that because the same thing happened to Alter....who also brings great crowds to their games.

#17 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:23 AM

View Postcharliesheen, on 07 March 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

The finals on Saturday for the boys will now be at 730 in BG if they win.
Henry Ford

#18 pokercat

All District

• Members
  • 148 posts

Member No.: 6137

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:30 AM

Tigger,
Is this change if the boys win...OR..BOTH the Boys and Girls Win Thursday..??

#19 kaizen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 3042

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

if both win per the radio

#20 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:06 AM

View Postpokercat, on 10 March 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

Tigger,
Is this change if the boys win...OR..BOTH the Boys and Girls Win Thursday..??

It was due to both winning (which they did)

Girls at 2pm in Cbus, boys at 7pm in BG Saturday.

Hear the boys on http://www.zsportslive.com
Girls live on http://www.wzoqradio.com
Henry Ford

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users