64 replies to this topic

#41 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

View Postcharliesheen, on 06 February 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Kinda thinking that Kalida has played themselves into a solid #2 behind Crestview.....as far as the favorite to advance from NW Ohio.

Do not forget DSJ, they will be ready.

#42 Dark Knight

All District

• Members
  • 194 posts

Member No.: 3030

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:48 PM

They will have to play some tough competition as most of the tougher teams will stay away from Crestview.

#43 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Member No.: 8871

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:19 PM

View Postvon, on 06 February 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

Do not forget DSJ, they will be ready.

You're right...and they could probably be 2A and 2B. St John's has 5 of their 6 losses by 10 points plus, which is the only reason I have Kalida a little a head of them right now. The worst part is, they are all in the same District. If either Kalida or St Johns were in the other 3 districts that feed into the Regional they would be the favorites to win those. Man, it would be nice to have Crestview, Kalida and St Johns all in the Regional....unfortunately we can't have more than 1

#44 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:49 AM

St Johns just got back a huge addition and should really help in a few weeks
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#45 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:13 PM

View PostRocketman, on 07 February 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

St Johns just got back a huge addition and should really help in a few weeks

Good to hear from the Rocketman......a true wealth of knowledge!!!!!

#46 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:44 PM

Kalida clinches at least a share of the PCL title tonight with a convincing 59-25 win over Miller City. Kalida only has Continental standing in the way of an undefeated season in the PCL.

#47 JAB

All State

• Members
  • 947 posts

Member No.: 410

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:00 AM

View Postcharliesheen, on 06 February 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Kinda thinking that Kalida has played themselves into a solid #2 behind Crestview.....as far as the favorite to advance from NW Ohio.

Yeah I would say their the second best team in the Elida district. They have the second best record against teams in the district. Their peaking at the right time and could give Crestview a challenge. They played Crestview on the road down a starter and kept it for most of the game.

Edited by JAB, 10 February 2019 - 01:01 AM.

#48 Bobby

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Member No.: 71

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:11 AM

View PostJAB, on 10 February 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

Yeah I would say their the second best team in the Elida district. They have the second best record against teams in the district. Their peaking at the right time and could give Crestview a challenge. They played Crestview on the road down a starter and kept it for most of the game.

DSJ-Kalida seeding is a tossup. Kalida's 5-2 vs the District, DSJ's 4-2. DSJ won at New Bremen, Kalida lost. DSJ won at Van Wert, Kalida lost. DSJ lost at Ottoville with Suever, Kalida won at home without Suever. DSJ won at Lincolnview, Kalida lost. And DSJ just got a "starter" back.
It will be interesting to see who votes for who.

#49 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

I believe WOSN
Channel 997 will have the report on at 4:00pm today

#50 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:25 PM

Wow Elida district is gonna be fun. Potential St Johns / LCC and Kalida / Lincolnview Sectional final matchups. District is going to be as tough as any D4 district in Ohio.

#51 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:22 PM

View PostBobby, on 10 February 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

DSJ-Kalida seeding is a tossup. Kalida's 5-2 vs the District, DSJ's 4-2. DSJ won at New Bremen, Kalida lost. DSJ won at Van Wert, Kalida lost. DSJ lost at Ottoville with Suever, Kalida won at home without Suever. DSJ won at Lincolnview, Kalida lost. And DSJ just got a "starter" back.
It will be interesting to see who votes for who.

Crestview got the #1 seed
Kalida #2
Ottoville #3
Wayne Trace #4
St. John's #5

#52 Bobby

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:26 PM

Not the least bit surprised. I'd be interested to see how each coach voted.

#53 charliesheen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:42 PM

View PostBobby, on 10 February 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

I don't think you can argue Kalida at 2, with wins over Ottoville and Wayne Trace. Ottoville won big over the Jays so I think Ottoville probably is good at 3. St Johns and Wayne Trace are a toss up...neither team has a signature win...but I'd probably give the nod to the Jays due to a much better schedule. I guess it comes down to that you are probably going to have to play Crestview sometime. Wayne Trace will have to get thru 2 good teams before that matchup....Jays likely just have to take down LCC.

#54 Bobby

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:58 PM

Kalida also lost to New Bremen, Van Wert and Lincolnview, all teams DSJ beat. DSJ won at Van Wert, Wayne Trace lost at home to VW. Kalida beat Ottoville when the 6'7 Suever was out. Wasn't sure how Ottoville losing the Suever kid would affect voting. All good teams so I'm guessing the voting was very tight between 2-5. It would just be interesting to hear the discussion and see how certain coaches voted and the final tallies.

#55 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:14 PM

View PostBobby, on 10 February 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

Kalida also lost to New Bremen, Van Wert and Lincolnview, all teams DSJ beat. DSJ won at Van Wert, Wayne Trace lost at home to VW. Kalida beat Ottoville when the 6'7 Suever was out. Wasn't sure how Ottoville losing the Suever kid would affect voting. All good teams so I'm guessing the voting was very tight between 2-5. It would just be interesting to hear the discussion and see how certain coaches voted and the final tallies.
Probably a few thought with DSJ’s recruiting efforts, they would give more credence to home-grown talent vs the LCC & Blue Jays.......

#56 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:56 PM

View PostRocketman, on 10 February 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

Probably a few thought with DSJ's recruiting efforts, they would give more credence to home-grown talent vs the LCC & Blue Jays.......

Where in the heck is Delphos recruiting kids from? If they are ( am pretty sure they are not), the Blue Jays need to do a better job of it. Now LCC......

#57 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:04 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 10 February 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

Where in the heck is Delphos recruiting kids from? If they are ( am pretty sure they are not), the Blue Jays need to do a better job of it. Now LCC......

Without upsets, probably DSJ/Crestview & Kalida/Ottoville in district. Could be interesting, who knows.

#58 Dark Knight

All District

• Members
  • 194 posts

Member No.: 3030

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:31 PM

I will go with DSJ vs Crestview and Kalida vs Wayne trace.....Crestview over Kalida in finals

#59 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:18 PM

View PostBobby, on 10 February 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

DSJ never fares well getting seeds at Van Wert......We have went to state in years past and never received one of the top 2 seeds, so it is what it is.......lets see what happens!!!!!

#60 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:25 PM

View Postflounder, on 10 February 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

DSJ never fares well getting seeds at Van Wert......We have went to state in years past and never received one of the top 2 seeds, so it is what it is.......lets see what happens!!!!!

I must also add that the Blue Jays are really not as good as some of the local teams.....our record isn't as good as others and I really think we are living on past laurels......I would be happy if we can upset our first opponent, but I am not optimistic about it.......we are kind of like the Browns and can't wait till next season as our recruitment dept is looking to bring a couple big kids in from Cbus....kind of what Lima Senior did....and they will be family members of some Blue Jay in the past......so there...Go Jays!!!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users