AnonymousFootballPlayer3's Content

There have been 6 items by AnonymousFootballPlayer3 (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#363582 Hey Ada...how about them T-Birds?

Posted by AnonymousFootballPlayer3 on 02 November 2012 - 10:04 AM in Football

I personally feel that the NWC will have a more leveled playing field without LCC. LCC needs to join a conference in which they can play better teams and get tested more than the NWC will do. Being kicked out of the NWC will benifit LCC in the long run in my opinion.

#363553 Coach West of Shawnee has Retired

Posted by AnonymousFootballPlayer3 on 02 November 2012 - 06:50 AM in Football

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 01 November 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

This is spoken from an OG titan fan.

Dick West indeed left Shawnee in a better place than they were in when he showed up. I remember a time when OG and Shawnee were the doormats of the WBL.....and while Coach West and Coach Schriner's career arc's have gone different directions in the past 7 years or so Shawnee has been one of the toughest games on OG's schedule every season. It was a rare occasion the titans blew the tribe out, or vice/ versa......I can name a blowout win OG has had over every other team in the WBL in the past 7-8 years, but none against Shawnee. The past 2 years they Indians played us tough, including this season in a game that was even up until right before halftime and then the game was called because of lightening. OG came back Sat. night and controlled the game.

Good luck to Coach West, it was reported as a resignation, not a retirement........maybe another job opens up for him?
He told us during players meeting that it was a retirement, not a resignation.
Hate to see the man go but I think that times have changed and we need to run a different offense that uses all the talent we have because we have talent on the team. Just haven't used it to the full potential.

#363289 Hey Ada...how about them T-Birds?

Posted by AnonymousFootballPlayer3 on 31 October 2012 - 09:56 AM in Football

View PostRocketman, on 28 October 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

A day hardly goes by anymore where you don't read or see on the news where a shooting has taken place in Lima......my wife, kids, and I always used to enjoy going shopping
at the Lima Mall vs. the Findlay Mall and then going out to eat.........whether it was the Kewpee downtown, Bandidos, Casa Lu Al, Milanos, or wherever.........now, you won't catch me
anywhere near Lima........I can remember years ago we would go over to the "Firehouse" on some weekends........Paddy Macs was also another good place to stop.......not for me
and anyone who does is just playing the lottery with their life..........
Definately not this bad in Lima. Lima has its areas but in all if you keep to yourself and don't start trouble, trouble won't happen.

#363288 Hey Ada...how about them T-Birds?

Posted by AnonymousFootballPlayer3 on 31 October 2012 - 09:50 AM in Football

View Postlefty, on 28 October 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

The most impressive thing about LCC going 55..5 while they wre in the NWC is that 30 times NWC teams had to play in Lima over a period of 6 years and nobody got shot
This is extremely embarrasing on your part to make such a statement. I'm pretty sure nobody has been shot at a sporting event in Lima as far as my memory goes.

#363284 Coach West of Shawnee has Retired

Posted by AnonymousFootballPlayer3 on 31 October 2012 - 09:43 AM in Football

Word around the school is LCC's cooper or Ada coaching staff are targets to get hired at Shawnee.

#363148 Coach West of Shawnee has Retired

Posted by AnonymousFootballPlayer3 on 30 October 2012 - 10:34 AM in Football

This is coming from a player on the team that Coach Dick West has officially retired from Shawnee football during the final players meeting on monday during uniform turn-in. Any thoughts on what Shawnee will run as offense next year and who will succeed him?