• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

#1 BuckeyeMan

All District

• Members
  • 320 posts

Member No.: 3931

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

The news on ESPN that USC made NCAA infractions and some illegal "actions", is all the buzz. And poor Coach Carroll had no idea. Are you serious Pete? These infractions and actions have been a trademark at USC and they finally got caught. Why else did he bolt? I'll tell you why, he felt the noose tightening and wanted out before he was on the staff and in the middle. Players, coaches, AD's, Alum are all guilty. This happens all over the nation but sometimes you have to be a little smarter, sneakier and lie a lot - not to get caught. This is the beginning of more NCAA infrations throughout the nation, in my opinion. Who's next? Urban?

#2 Guest_Victorian_*

• Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:11 AM

The NCAA is quickly pushing me away from their product.
What did they accomplish by punishing USC for something that took place 5 years ago?

#3 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (Victorian @ Jun 11 2010, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What did they accomplish by punishing USC for something that took place 5 years ago?

I agree somewhat, but what are they supposed to say " Oh that happened 5 years ago...we'll let it slide?" Personally I think USC should sue Pete Carrol for damages. No one can or will convince me that he "had no idea" that all the stuff was going on.... Until the NCAA starts to punish the COACH, these things will happen

#4 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (Victorian @ Jun 11 2010, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree somewhat, but what are they supposed to say " Oh that happened 5 years ago...we'll let it slide?" Personally I think USC should sue Pete Carrol for damages. No one can or will convince me that he "had no idea" that all the stuff was going on.... Until the NCAA starts to punish the COACH, these things will happen

#5 Guest_Victorian_*

• Guests

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:13 AM

They have been way too harsh on USC add to that they are allowing schools to contact present juniors and seniors. Complete BS IMO

#6 RWB 71

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Member No.: 414

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

Major NCAA members have trodden this path many times in the past. I'd love to see a required clause in every coach's employment contract stipulating that...............they must pay back 10% of their annual salary for any serious rules infraction ocurring "on their watch" for every scholarship the institution lost!!!

Edited by RWB 71, 12 June 2010 - 10:16 AM.

#7 kaizen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 3042

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:04 PM

the pot calling the kettle black? some of these are pretty good.

#8 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (BuckeyeMan @ Jun 10 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The news on ESPN that USC made NCAA infractions and some illegal "actions", is all the buzz. And poor Coach Carroll had no idea. Are you serious Pete? These infractions and actions have been a trademark at USC and they finally got caught. Why else did he bolt? I'll tell you why, he felt the noose tightening and wanted out before he was on the staff and in the middle. Players, coaches, AD's, Alum are all guilty. This happens all over the nation but sometimes you have to be a little smarter, sneakier and lie a lot - not to get caught. This is the beginning of more NCAA infrations throughout the nation, in my opinion. Who's next? Urban?

Unbelieveable for a Buckeye fan to have such harsh feelings for USC!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Member No.: 1916

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (flounder @ Jun 20 2011, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unbelieveable for a Buckeye fan to have such harsh feelings for USC!!!!!!!!!!

rather your a Buckeye fan or not, doesn't anyone else find it funny that Pete didn't know?? All OSU fans know whats coming
(and hoping its not) but for the guy that did the coaching at that time to claim he didn't know?? Come on...get real!

#10 kaizen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 3042

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

like luke fickel didnt know what was going on? he had to have spent more time with tressel than anyone else at osu and then at press conference says he didnt know anything? COME ON!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users