106 replies to this topic

#61 brentwood

All District

• Members
  • 186 posts

Member No.: 3581

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (pa_pa @ May 3 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just got home from the Grove LCC game..........LCC won 3-1....... seen the Hovest kid pitch for the first time this year i think he gave up 5 or 6 hits looked pretty good.........i think we scored all 3 runs on Grove errors...........they had 6 errors.......i can't belive Groves record is as good as it is with a D like that......wow it was bad...........good thing they can hit

uh .....pa pa?

you do realize that we can see what you have already posted and we can realize that you are not an LCC fan, right?

for one, every one of your posts is about grove, so it would lead most reasonable people to believe that you MIGHT be from Grove...no need to post that you are from LCC(see above) and have never seen Hovest pitch when you have already posted that you were at the Paulding Grove game earlier this year and said that Hovest did not have one of his best games...

Hovest is a very good pitcher. He probably just had an off day against Paulding. It happens. Enjoy all the good games he has had this year. They seem to be plentiful.

Edited by brentwood, 03 May 2010 - 10:48 PM.

#62 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (pa_pa @ May 3 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just got home from the Grove LCC game..........LCC won 3-1....... seen the Hovest kid pitch for the first time this year i think he gave up 5 or 6 hits looked pretty good.........i think we scored all 3 runs on Grove errors...........they had 6 errors.......i can't belive Groves record is as good as it is with a D like that......wow it was bad...........good thing they can hit

Good thing they can hit??? Grove scored 1 run!!!

#63 pa_pa

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Member No.: 6070

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:22 AM

yeah brentwood my bad i ment LCC ......and as far as seen him pitch for the first time this year i ment a full game in the NWC ......the Paulding game was only 3 or 4 innings.......and yeah i'm from Grove

#64 Coach Normous

All League

• Members
  • 93 posts

Member No.: 496

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (pa_pa @ May 4 2010, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah brentwood my bad i ment LCC ......and as far as seen him pitch for the first time this year i ment a full game in the NWC ......the Paulding game was only 3 or 4 innings.......and yeah i'm from Grove

Were you rooting for LCC then? You referred to them as WE. You are losing credibility pretty fast here.

Edited by Coach Normous, 04 May 2010 - 05:49 PM.

#65 pa_pa

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Coach Normous @ May 4 2010, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Were you rooting for LCC then? You referred to them as WE. You are losing credibility pretty fast here.

lol..........no i wasn't rooting for LCC......when i was writing it i was thinking WE as we gave up all 3 runs on errors......what i ment to say LCC scored all 3 runs on Grove errors.......... i didn't prof read it before i sent it.......like i said it was my bad

#66 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:01 AM

Pa Pa

Heard Grove lost a bunch in a row, did someone get hurt? What's going on?

#67 sportsnut

All State

• Members
  • 637 posts

Member No.: 532

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

with miller city's win against ottoville last night, i believe that makes them 6-1 in the league, right? so it looks like grove and miller city will share the PCL title this year. great job to both teams!

#68 Hayes Cooper

All District

• Members
  • 225 posts

Member No.: 2899

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Miller City still has to play Continental, so they must be 5-1. Don't overlook the Pirates they did beat at the time No 5 in state Edon.

#69 pa_pa

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (caldwell @ May 5 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pa Pa

Heard Grove lost a bunch in a row, did someone get hurt? What's going on?

not sure about a bunch in a row.....same kids on the field as far as i know......but i think Grove is beating themselves.......i said it earlier this year Grove's D isn't very good ........some games Grove plays very good D other times it's really bad.......no one to blame for it either........ it's not the coach i wouldn't put it all on the kids either

#70 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Member No.: 5046

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Hayes Cooper @ May 5 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Miller City still has to play Continental, so they must be 5-1. Don't overlook the Pirates they did beat at the time No 5 in state Edon.

I thought MC beat Continental with drummelsmith pitching earlier in the year 4-0.

#71 Hayes Cooper

All District

• Members
  • 225 posts

Member No.: 2899

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

Miller City plays Continental twice a year and the second game is the league game.

#72 sportsnut

All State

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:14 PM

oh my bad. well i am not overlooking continental..but im still going to make an educated prediction. Miller City over Ctown by a few runs. assuming that Lammers will pitch this one. when he pitches it wont be a good night for the opposition, in the case Ctown. hes only given up three runs this year

#73 countywidehasbeen

All District

• Members
  • 177 posts

Member No.: 774

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (sportsnut @ May 5 2010, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh my bad. well i am not overlooking continental..but im still going to make an educated prediction. Miller City over Ctown by a few runs. assuming that Lammers will pitch this one. when he pitches it wont be a good night for the opposition, in the case Ctown. hes only given up three runs this year

I agree that Lammers' pitching is far superior to the Pirate batters! But, at some point, the amount of innings and pitches that lammers has thrown this Spring will begin to take its toll. I believe I've seen in the papers where he has had outings where he gave up nearly 10 hits to the likes of Lincolnview, Ottoville, and maybe others? I think he has thrown complete games in most of his starts?

#74 Coach Normous

All League

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (countywidehasbeen @ May 6 2010, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that Lammers' pitching is far superior to the Pirate batters! But, at some point, the amount of innings and pitches that lammers has thrown this Spring will begin to take its toll. I believe I've seen in the papers where he has had outings where he gave up nearly 10 hits to the likes of Lincolnview, Ottoville, and maybe others? I think he has thrown complete games in most of his starts?

Here is another case of someone now knowing what they are talking about. Rusty only pitches once a week. Period. There is no ridiculous amount of innings or pitches that he has thrown this season. He has thrown complete games in all his starts except for the first against PH and last Saturday against OG, when he was on a strict pitch count. He dominated both PH and OG each time before the reliever gave it up later. Here is his stats according to the MC baseball website:
7 Starts
5-0, 1 SV, 4 shutouts
0.45 ERA
.190 opp. BA
47 Innings Pitched
55 K
12 BB

#75 countywidehasbeen

All District

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Coach Normous @ May 6 2010, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is another case of someone now knowing what they are talking about. Rusty only pitches once a week. Period. There is no ridiculous amount of innings or pitches that he has thrown this season. He has thrown complete games in all his starts except for the first against PH and last Saturday against OG, when he was on a strict pitch count. He dominated both PH and OG each time before the reliever gave it up later. Here is his stats according to the MC baseball website:
7 Starts
5-0, 1 SV, 4 shutouts
0.45 ERA
.190 opp. BA
47 Innings Pitched
55 K
12 BB

Ok, help me out here. At what point do I NOT know what I am talking about? In your post, where did you ever contradict or disprove any of my statements? You clearly have his stats! You are clearly close to him and/or the MC ball program! But you never disproved what I said.

I KNOW for a fact that he has gone well over the 100 pitch count numerous times, EVEN in his (I think 2nd start) vs Kalida. Too many pitches too early in the season. That is my OPINION.

Now, correct me if I am wrong......did he not give up approx 10 hits or more to Lincolnview and Ottoville? Yes, I realize hits dont count as runs, but allowing that number of hits to inferior teams means that on those days his "stuff" was not as dominate as usual. Why wasn't it as dominate? Numerous reasons can apply. One of those "could" be fatigue. Do you know how arm fatigue effects movement and quality of a pitcher's "stuff"?

I also stated that he has thrown complete games in "most" of his starts....and you "supported" that by saying he has in 5 of 7 starts.......Where I went to school, 5 out of 7 is "most". Also, I am kind of curious why he had a "strict" pitch count last Saturday, and not early in the season when he should have been building of arm strength and endurance? Why a pitch count 5 weeks into the season?

So, if you want to debate with a person that "does not know what he is talking about", you better find another person. Because you supported almost all of my statements.

#76 Coach Normous

All League

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

Pitching once a week is not putting too much stress on an arm. That is what you were implying. 47 innings at this stage is not a whole lot. This is high school freaking baseball. Every game should be a complete game. Saying that most of his games were complete games is redundant. What good pitchers don't pitch complete games? Using your argument, why wouldn't MC's opponents whose pitchers have pitched more often be more affected then, giving MC the advantange? This is what I am saying doesn't make sense. Pitching a lot in high school is pitching every 3 days, not once a week. As for you not knowing what you are talking about. You said yourself you had not seen him or MC play. Therefore you are uninformed of things you have talked about such as the "MC arm jinx", which is what I figured you were getting at.

Edited by Coach Normous, 06 May 2010 - 09:32 PM.

#77 sportsnut

All State

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

he saved his arm on saturday against OG because it was a while since he had pitched and they wanted him for the league game on monday. he only threw two innings against a non-league school. i wouldnt call it "saving his arm five weeks in". it wasnt about fatigue. it was moreso strategy with the league game coming up

#78 pa_pa

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:23 AM

sounds like great strategy to me.....wonder how many teams with a record like MC can say the ace pitcher only has 47 innings going in to tournament........best of luck to MC

#79 countywidehasbeen

All District

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Coach Normous @ May 6 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pitching once a week is not putting too much stress on an arm. That is what you were implying. 47 innings at this stage is not a whole lot. This is high school freaking baseball. Every game should be a complete game. Saying that most of his games were complete games is redundant. What good pitchers don't pitch complete games? Using your argument, why wouldn't MC's opponents whose pitchers have pitched more often be more affected then, giving MC the advantange? This is what I am saying doesn't make sense. Pitching a lot in high school is pitching every 3 days, not once a week. As for you not knowing what you are talking about. You said yourself you had not seen him or MC play. Therefore you are uninformed of things you have talked about such as the "MC arm jinx", which is what I figured you were getting at.

First, check the date of my post when I stated I had not seen Lammers play. Do you think I may have been able to see him? Since?

Also, I will not debate any person about innings pitched. When discussing arm fatigue.....innings pitched has alot less to do with it than pitch count.

Pitching once a week CAN be detrimental on the arm if pitchcounts are elevated. To go out and throw 125-135 pitches during the first week of the season......then go play an infield position that sees alot of "fielding chances"........long throws from the hole.....off balance throws......long cut throws...etc the next several days in a row...........never allows for a proper "recovery" period. Does not allow for the body to break down the inflammation caused my the repeated throwing action. YES, I realize that this is NW Ohio high school baseball....the best pitcher on a team is usually also the short-stop and best athlete/etc. I, also know that it would be virtually impossible to stick to a 100% proper/healthy arm regimen and play a 25 game schedule.

Your statement regarding pitching every 3 days being "alot"........I realize you probably meant pitching complete games every three days is alot. I agree entirely! I also know there are some coaches that do or have done that in the past. That almost sickens me, but thank God most coaches have altered this philosophy. However, if a pitcher pitches approx 30 game pitches every 3 days......that is very healthy and developmental for the arm.....in the early portion of a season. That would then allow for him to build strength and endurance properly.....thus allowing for armstrength to peak at season's end/tourney time.

Also, my statement about "arm jinx" is a countywide perception amongst the baseball fraternity. That is not anything I made up.

I'm sorry if I "offended" you Mr. Miller City. Rusty is the best player in the League this year, as he was last year. I never said he wasnt. I was only questioning allowing such high pitchcounts early in the season.

Also, did I not read in a pre-season Ohio Locker Room magazine that Rusty had some significant arm pain and setbacks a couple years back? Even forcing him to throw left handed for a season?

If Lammers was the "key" to my team's success, especially now that Drummelsmith is out, as well as Niese playing injured...................with a history of arm pain/injury.....

Also, I'm still waiting for you or someone to answer my question about Lammers giving up so many hits to far inferior teams (Ottoville/Lincolnview). I also realize that he has pitched extremely well against more talented/competitive teams.

LAMMERS IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST DONT AGREE WITH HIGH PITCHCOUNTS EARLY IN THE SEASON. THAT IS JUST MY OPINION.
Sorry to upset you Coach Norm

#80 Blacktop

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Member No.: 5030

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

Ottoville did get about 9 hits off Lammers. Only 2 were hit hard. Honigford lead off game with a double off the fence and later the #2 hitter I think laced a hanging curve ball to left center. All the rest were bloops and bleeders and infield hits. Big deal. Is he supposed to flirt with perfect games every time out? As long as the batter has a bat and swings, there's a chance of a hit. Ottoville had a good aggressive game plan at the plate. To me, it's even more impressive he got a shutout giving up 9 hits. He's not unhittable. If he hangs his change-up high, hitters have a chance. The bottom line is he bears down when he has too. Not many runs are scored on him. I'd rather see him challenge a hitter with us up 6-0 late in the game than try to make perfect pitches and walk guys. Is that all you have countywidehasbeen?

Arm jinx? Nobody on MC has had Tommy John surgery. I played. My arm feels great. Well, my beer drinking arm hurts like hell, so I drink more beer, and then my arm starts hurting again, so I drink mo..........well, you get the idea.

Is perception reality? The MC arm jinx has pissed off alot of coaches. (Slow pitch softball coaches.) Mac and Rita's, Buckeye Club, Pit Stop, R&D, Rump Chiropractic, Leipsic Eagles...lol. You act like MC baseball grads are having trouble in life eating a bowl of cereal because their right elbow hurts. Is this fraternity of coaches jealous because we have more trophies in our case? Name specifics about this arm jinx. Is it because hardly anybody has gone on to play college?

I realize there is alot more info out there about pitching and arm care than there was "back then". And I do agree with you on alot of your points. But its's tough to do that when your trying to win the league.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users