good article

9 replies to this topic

#1 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:01 PM

good article featuring the 3 coaches representing the conference this weekend in the state finals.

http://www.daytondai...MyjNRD9Vm28yiJ/

#2 waterloowonder

All State

• Members
  • 532 posts

Member No.: 5547

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:27 AM

One item that was left out was that 99% of the kids in those schools come from 2 parent families, unlike other areas where a significant portion of kids are in one parent difficult situation homes where it is a challenge just to get the kids to school every day. The break down of the traditional American family is pretty much the source of every social issue we have today.

#3 Bobby

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Member No.: 71

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:03 AM

View Postwaterloowonder, on 04 December 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

One item that was left out was that 99% of the kids in those schools come from 2 parent families, unlike other areas where a significant portion of kids are in one parent difficult situation homes where it is a challenge just to get the kids to school every day. The break down of the traditional American family is pretty much the source of every social issue we have today.

Can you verify either of those claims?

#4 BlueJay

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Member No.: 4123

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

Lol

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions

#5 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:24 PM

State Champs

Cincy Saint Xavier
Cincy Archbishop LaSalle
Akron Archbishop Hoban
Columbus Bishop Hartley
St. Maria Stein Marion Local
Canton Central Catholic
Warren JFK

I sense a trend :hifive2:
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#6 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:55 PM

View PostRocketman, on 04 December 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

State Champs

Cincy Saint Xavier
Cincy Archbishop LaSalle
Akron Archbishop Hoban
Columbus Bishop Hartley
St. Maria Stein Marion Local
Canton Central Catholic
Warren JFK

I sense a trend :hifive2:

Marion Local is almost an all Catholic area. So are other public schools in the MAC. It is just a good year for private schools. You and me are in that category, Flounder. Great observation, Flounder. Have a great week.

#7 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:15 PM

View Postvon, on 04 December 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

Marion Local is almost an all Catholic area. So are other public schools in the MAC. It is just a good year for private schools. You and me are in that category, Flounder. Great observation, Flounder. Have a great week.

who you callin' Fishface? :shrug2:
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#8 Hound Dog

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Member No.: 700

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:21 PM

His numbers are probably way exaggerated but the thought behind it has some truth. If you look at the amount of kids at the poverty levels at these schools I would think that they are way below the state average for school districts of the same size. The more stable the family the more chance they are above the poverty level. That is what makes this area special. Strong families, strong work ethic, and few people that move away from this area. Add it all together and the fact they don't have soccer is a huge advantage.
2011-2012 Las Falcon's Basketball Pick-Em Champion!

#9 waterloowonder

All State

• Members
  • 532 posts

Member No.: 5547

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:09 AM

Just my opinion, probably a little exaggerated, but it is very real. The MAC has a good thing going, and others wish they could copy it. I totally agree not having tackle football before Jr. High is a good thing, and not having soccer helps. The main thing is those kids are getting the right message at home

Edited by waterloowonder, 05 December 2016 - 10:09 AM.

#10 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

View Postwaterloowonder, on 05 December 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Just my opinion, probably a little exaggerated, but it is very real. The MAC has a good thing going, and others wish they could copy it. I totally agree not having tackle football before Jr. High is a good thing, and not having soccer helps. The main thing is those kids are getting the right message at home

Perfect assessment waterloo.........everything starts in the home!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users