255 replies to this topic

#21 Bluetiger76

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Member No.: 9020

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

Poor ole Shadyside.

Edited by Bluetiger76, 13 November 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#22 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

Dumb or not....agree or not, but that game where the Jays pounded on Shadyside was one of the worst exhibitions of football ever witnessed....if you feel they belong then so be it.....but Marion Local will absolutely destroy Shadyside!!!!!!

#23 BlueJay

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Member No.: 4123

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

I can think of more than 20 DVI schools over on this side of Ohio who would have made it over Shadyside in 2010

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions

#24 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Member No.: 4104

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Personally, I feel bad for them, and really that whole 2010 team. They lost obviously, but will be lambasted for the rest of time over that game. The only way for them to stop it is to win games. I don't think they will do it, and I think some of their locals are a bit high on themselves, but it's not like I can't say the same for the MAC fans as well. Yea, I think it's a joke that they have homer posters that vote them #1 in the polls still, but as a team and program, they go out and try. It's not their fault, that they ran into a buzz saw of what I would say was DSJ's best team ever. Sure, probably the majority of NW Ohio teams would have beat them, but still. I don't know. I don't mind poking a joke here and there about it and laughing at the pollsters and arrogant ones, but I have nothing against their team and program personally.

#25 All Day Jay

• Members
  • 16 posts

Member No.: 5352

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

View Postflounder, on 11 November 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

Shadyside is not worthy to be in the finals..................period!!!!!!!!!!!!
sure they are if they win the games to get them there. But if u want to say it's not right that ohsaa has rebracketed all but 3years since 1994 in d6 I would agree with that. You play the teams ohsaa tells you to play ,it's not your choice.

#26 Teddy Malone

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Member No.: 3567

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

The only non-MAC, small schools with more playoff wins than Shadyside are Warren JFK, Norwalk St. Paul, Germantown Valley View, Amanda-Clearcreek, Ironton, Mogadore, and Newark Catholic. So maybe you guys should shut up.

#27 moe_ szyslak

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Member No.: 4890

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

View Postoberhaus, on 11 November 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

There have been other State Finals in other sports where the best 2 teams did not meet. It happens. It will happen again I am sure. I've seen it where people considered a regional final as the best two teams.

To say they don't deserve to be in the finals is dumb. Did they not win 4 playoff games?

2 years ago in D2 basketball, many thought the state championship was played b/t Dayton Dunbar and Cincy Taft in the regional final at Kettering. Once Dunbar won, everyone thought it was a cake walk to the championship. NO ONE (besides Elida fans) thought that Elida would challenge them as much as they did in the final. It's why you play the game...

#28 moe_ szyslak

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Member No.: 4890

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

I'd like to imagine that Shadyside proudly hangs their State Runner up, Regional Champ, etc. banners. I'd guess they don't have their score on the banners either.

#29 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostTeddy Malone, on 12 November 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

The only non-MAC, small schools with more playoff wins than Shadyside are Warren JFK, Norwalk St. Paul, Germantown Valley View, Amanda-Clearcreek, Ironton, Mogadore, and Newark Catholic. So maybe you guys should shut up.

Teddy......

What years did Shadyside win state!!!!!!!!

#30 PHSfan_1023

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Member No.: 4554

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

View Postflounder, on 11 November 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

Shadyside is not worthy to be in the finals..................period!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flounder, I do respect you as an established member of this forum, but that's just ridiculous to say that. I don't care if you were 10-0 entering or if you were 5-5 or worse. If you win four games and are in a state title game, you are absolutely worthy to be there. Do I think they were overmatched against DSJ that year? Absolutely. But you still have to win four straight playoff games against teams who are all the best of the area. Just because they don't win state isn't some indictment of their program as unworthy. This isn't the BCS where you cherry pick teams from across the state for your matchups. If they won, they deserved to be there.

#31 Wilco98

All State

• Members
  • 867 posts

Member No.: 2616

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Anyone who makes it to a final is certainly worthy of being there. Would anyone making the argument to the contrary care to wipe out Coldwater's two 30-point title game losses to Ursuline?? Didn't think so. It just happens that Shadyside got thoroughly waxed by DSJ. Marion Local did the same thing to Mogadore (twice) and Buckeye Central. Did those two teams not deserve to be there? Jeez, people, give those young men a break. It wasn't for lack of effort...they just ran into a buzzsaw.
Coldwater Cavaliers--20 State Titles and Counting!!!!

#32 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

I can agree somewhat with what you are saying, but what really disturbed me more than anything was that after the Jays thumped Shadyside, all the Shadyside supporters suddenly started throwing the 'R' word around....they couldn't face the fact that they were soundly beaten by a better team who plays by the same rules that they do......they had to accuse DSJ of recruiting instead of facing the music!!!!!!!

#33 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Member No.: 4104

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostWilco98, on 12 November 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Anyone who makes it to a final is certainly worthy of being there. Would anyone making the argument to the contrary care to wipe out Coldwater's two 30-point title game losses to Ursuline?? Didn't think so. It just happens that Shadyside got thoroughly waxed by DSJ. Marion Local did the same thing to Mogadore (twice) and Buckeye Central. Did those two teams not deserve to be there? Jeez, people, give those young men a break. It wasn't for lack of effort...they just ran into a buzzsaw.

Coldwater didn't deserve to be in the finals against Mooney.
St Paul didn't deserve to be in the finals against DSJ.
Newark Catholic didn't deserve to be in the finals against Marion Local.
Lima Senior didn't deserve to be in the finals against Iggy.
Van Wert didn't deserve to be in the finals against Canton Central Catholic.

Food for thought.

Edited by jeffcat-bucki, 12 November 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#34 polkhigh33

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Member No.: 5318

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Actually the Shadyside newspaper went as far as to throw the recruiting thing out there in a public article.
Always a watchful eyes on those Tiffin Calvert Senecas, Marion Local Flyers, Fort Loramie Redskins , New Albany Eagles.

#35 Colt45

All State

• Validating
  • 554 posts

Member No.: 9167

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

View Postpolkhigh33, on 12 November 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Actually the Shadyside newspaper went as far as to throw the recruiting thing out there in a public article.
That is ridiculous you can't say something like that because most of the kids on that team have went their since they were in 1st grade.

#36 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Member No.: 3612

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

View Postpolkhigh33, on 12 November 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Theyre not as professional as we are here at RC News.....
Follow me for scores and other sports news. www.twitter.com/kevinoberhaus

#37 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

View Postoberhaus, on 12 November 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Theyre not as professional as we are here at RC News.....
I'm really impressed with the loyalty that the SlimShadies are having over on that OVC thread....
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#38 kaizen

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 3042

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

reading some of those comments from eastern ohio i would love to see another matchup. can covington compete with ML?

#39 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

View Postkaizen, on 12 November 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

reading some of those comments from eastern ohio i would love to see another matchup. can covington compete with ML?
I think they are a 26 pt. underdog in the Pick 'ems Contest this week if that's any indication :coffee:
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#40 Coach

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Member No.: 15

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

I could be wrong but I think Covington will be a better game that the DSJ game. (DSJ still has to win this week)! I only see Covington as the team that could take down ML but everything will have to be perfect with a little luck involved!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users