214 replies to this topic

#21 blufftonpirates

All District

• Members
  • 248 posts

Member No.: 4996

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

I'm pretty sure it's a lot.....alot is not a word

Edited by blufftonpirates, 20 September 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#22 DirtyPBear76

All District

• Members
  • 291 posts

Member No.: 3912

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

View Postblufftonpirates, on 20 September 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure it's a lot.....alot is not a word

Not sure if you are talking about my post but I said "a lot". . . .haha

#23 beechjet

All District

• Members
  • 187 posts

Member No.: 5339

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostTheFan, on 20 September 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

There you go again BlueJay.. bringing up that 2010 game! :sarcasm:

2010 game was not much of a contest. DSJ pretty much scored at will and Ada only had 2 second half touchdowns. The 2009 game, however, was an entirely different animal. If the OHSAA could have found some officials with 20/20 vision (how you can miss a block in the back directly in front of the ball carrier which springs said ball carrier for a touchdown is beyond me) the state final for DVI would have had a different pairing. Ada vs DSJ 2009 was well worth the price of admission.

#24 buckeyes 13

All League

• Members
  • 36 posts

Member No.: 9292

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

That is very true, if that call was made it probably would of change the whole outcome of the game. If ada doesnt loose to dsj for the 3 straight yrs they could have 3 state titles. Because whoever comes out of our side of the region will win state, the other side is awful. I HAVENT HEARD FROM JEFFCAT IN AWHILE? :eek:

#25 BlueJay

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Member No.: 4123

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostTheFan, on 20 September 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

Not gonna bite BlueJay.... LOL

We'll just let it rest and hope the best for both teams this year.
I think you mean the 2009 game lol

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions

#26 paperboy

All State

• Members
  • 508 posts

Member No.: 544

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostTheFan, on 20 September 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

Like I've stated in an earlier post on here, when it comes down to week 10 and on, the lack of skill at the QB position could play a big roll in how far they go. If he can continue to improve over the next few weeks, they could go a ways in the playoffs but as much as it hurts me to say, LCC, Marion Local, and others will no doubtedly target this area. Now don't take it the wrong way.... he's probably Ada's best option at the position but I would of liked to have seen more from him against the struggling USV Rams. His numbers weren't too bad but his actual play was quite obvious. Now Decker on the other hand, the kid is a BEAST!

Not sure why you seem to have a bone on for this kid but it's getting pretty obvious.

#27 dw629

All State

• Members
  • 827 posts

Member No.: 5046

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostBadlands, on 20 September 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

LOL....#1..Arlington and the BVC are a lot better than the NWC and Ada.....Week 1 Grove waxed PG...Ada waxed Hardin Northern..Bluffton waxed Cory-Rawson....#2 .Your going by a scrimmage...really...Grove and Liberty Benton tied...#3 ADA would beat PG..Van Buren..Cory Rawson..Hardin Northern...Arcadia...Vanlue...Arlington.... and the other 3 would be good games....and these NWC teams would dominate the BVC teams mentioned above Grove..Spencerville...Delphos...Bluffton....and yes LCC....BVC sucks.......Ada is real good...I would say right now better than LCC.....

I thank god we don't have clowns posting like this from the BVC that are as immature as you.

Say what you want but at a scrimmage you still run plays on offense and you call plays on defense and Arlington physically beat up Ada for one half of football and Ada kept score 31-6. Also, I think LCC had no one compete with them in their conference schedule last year closest game was 3 or 4 TDs and in week 11 they matchup with the BVC #2 team and get embarrassed give up 300+ yards rushing and lose by double digits. Maybe if the BVC sucks and the NWC is so much better they should've prepared them for week 11 and the beat down they were about to recieve.

#28 beechjet

All District

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

Just so people can stop scratching their heads as to what happened at the Arlington scrimmage, Ada changed its defensive scheme after the 2nd play of the match (this was due to an injury to an Ada defensive back). Ada came into the Arlington contest moving players around to different positions from the prior scrimmage with Parkway. That coupled with changing horses mid-stream (ie new defensive scheme after 2 plays) led to an Ada meltdown. Two starters on Ada's defense against Arlington were benched and have not started a game since. The lesson for all here is better to figure it out at a pre-season scrimmage than after the season starts.

#29 johnwayne87

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Member No.: 9294

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

View Posttheterminator, on 20 September 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Ada's quarterback is good. Don't underestimate him. He's better than Baker, there last quaterback. He can be inconsistent at points, but he's really good when he's not. Also, let's remember he has an All-State wide receiver (Ansley) to throw, too.
Acheson is not as good as Baker. Baker has more arm strength, atheltism, and talent. You forgot to mention the Wilcox kid, Roberson, and Decker, too.

#30 TheAnimal 81

All League

• Members
  • 35 posts

Member No.: 9298

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

View Postjohnwayne87, on 21 September 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Acheson is not as good as Baker. Baker has more arm strength, atheltism, and talent. You forgot to mention the Wilcox kid, Roberson, and Decker, too.
You are right about Acheson not being as athletic as baker but Acheson has a better pocket presence then baker. Baker scrambled to much and didn't always make his way through all his reads, where as Acheson is able to stand in the pocket and make his reads and then scramble.

#31 Hagen

All State

• Members
  • 524 posts

Member No.: 7010

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

View Postbrunowball, on 20 September 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

TheFan, the qb had 250 yards and 3 touchdowns on 20 pass attempts against USV. He probably only threw the ball a few times in the second half. If this were a typical 40-50 pass attempt Ada team he would have probably gone for 4-500 and many more tds.

USV gave up 49 points to a running Riverdale team, pretty sure that defense isn't one to brag about getting stats against.

Ada has 1 quality win right now in Spencerville. Only 2 more real tests left all season— pending how Jefferson does again LCC this week as both are 4-0. Current DJ opp record is 4-12 — so Ada will continue to roll until a good matchup week 10 vs LCC. In short, they're good. No one can dispute that. How good? We'll have to wait and see come week 1 (and possibly further) of playoffs against similar talent. Win or lose against LCC doesn't matter as much as playoff wins. What's better: 10-0 reg season + lose 1st round OR going 9-1 + winning regional finals? C'mon, we all know the answer.

Edited by Hagen, 21 September 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#32 osupride428

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Member No.: 9299

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

flat out ada is problay the best looking team in the nwc right now

#33 clutch

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Member No.: 2940

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostBadlands, on 20 September 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

LOL....#1..Arlington and the BVC are a lot better than the NWC and Ada.....Week 1 Grove waxed PG...Ada waxed Hardin Northern..Bluffton waxed Cory-Rawson....#2 .Your going by a scrimmage...really...Grove and Liberty Benton tied...#3 ADA would beat PG..Van Buren..Cory Rawson..Hardin Northern...Arcadia...Vanlue...Arlington.... and the other 3 would be good games....and these NWC teams would dominate the BVC teams mentioned above Grove..Spencerville...Delphos...Bluffton....and yes LCC....BVC sucks.......Ada is real good...I would say right now better than LCC.....

I would say your last comment is accurate.
"You're a mess"

#34 DirtyPBear76

All District

• Members
  • 291 posts

Member No.: 3912

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

View Postbeechjet, on 21 September 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Just so people can stop scratching their heads as to what happened at the Arlington scrimmage, Ada changed its defensive scheme after the 2nd play of the match (this was due to an injury to an Ada defensive back). Ada came into the Arlington contest moving players around to different positions from the prior scrimmage with Parkway. That coupled with changing horses mid-stream (ie new defensive scheme after 2 plays) led to an Ada meltdown. Two starters on Ada's defense against Arlington were benched and have not started a game since. The lesson for all here is better to figure it out at a pre-season scrimmage than after the season starts.

Thanks for some insight on the situation. Those are things you never hear about unless you are close to the program. Like I said, if they are better now than good for Ada and kudos to the coaching staff for seeing that changes needed to be made. Many times coaches don't see those things until it is to late.

#35 theterminator

All League

• Members
  • 58 posts

Member No.: 9295

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

Ada's d-line is looking good, too. They're getting pressure on the quaterback and not letting up big rushing numbers. They will also have most of them coming back next year, too.

#36 beechjet

All District

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

By the way, if anyone was at the Ada vs Bluffton game (part 1) tonight, they were treated to Ada scoring twice in the first 5 plays of the game. It took 3 plays for Ada's offense to score and 2 plays for Ada's defense to score. However, as Bluffton's field became sloppier Ada became less dominant.

#37 theterminator

All League

• Members
  • 58 posts

Member No.: 9295

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostTheFan, on 20 September 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

I totally agree... Ansley is a stud. However, comparing Acheson to Baker is like comparing Ansley to Jackson. Pretty good players but not thaaaat good. Like I said, once they get to week 10 and on, the talent level changes drastically so let's just hope Ada continues to improve in the areas that will no doubtedly try to be exposed. I do feel so far, this is one of Ada's better defenses and I hope they continue to play physical football. That alone can help keep them in the hunt.
No I am from Ada and Acheson is clearly better than Baker.

#38 TheFan

All State

• Members
  • 744 posts

Member No.: 5321

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

View Posttheterminator, on 22 September 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Okay??!?!?!?!? :pav: I have a strange feelin' I probably roamed the halls of AHS with your daddy.

#39 BlueJay

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Member No.: 4123

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

View Posttheterminator, on 22 September 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Good lord

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions

#40 beechjet

All District

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

I think it is debatable (ie worthy of discussion) regarding who is the better quarterback. Baker is hands down the better athlete. He is stronger, faster, and a better scrambler. But Acheson so far, in my opinion, does a better job of not staring down his reciever. I think the key to success in Ada's passing game is spreading the ball around equally to the recieving corps. Too many times I witnessed Baker stare (ie broadcast intentions) at his intended target and try to force the ball to his favorite but covered reciever while other(s) were running open. When Ada distributes the passes equally to Ansley, Wilcox, Robeson, Zippy, and Decker (based on who is open) they are hard to stop. By the way I thought it was pretty cool last night watching Acheson throw a touchdown pass against Bluffton and then line up and long snap the ball for Waller on the PAT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users