31 replies to this topic

#21 BuckeyeMan

All District

• Members
  • 320 posts

Member No.: 3931

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (bvcfan12 @ Oct 3 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pandora is way to cocky to go far. Leipsic deserved to win the game between them so did McComb. Pandora is way too confident and they'll be knocked off quickly..Leipsic had them surprised and almost lost. I went to that game and thought they would've won if Hovest wouldnt have been such a drama queen. they lost momentum I thought. I also went to the McComb gama and they were doing good. Could've played better though. Pandora, you need to humble yourselves quickly or you'll see a Lost in your record.

I agree 100% !! Momentum is very critical in volleyball. More than a lot of sports because of the importance of each hit, pass, set, serve.........

#22 The Insider

All District

• Members
  • 434 posts

Member No.: 870

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:56 PM

Drama Queen is an over-statement when someone is having an asthma attack.

As far as Pandora being too cocky to go far, I don't think I would agree with that. Rather, I think Pandora is going to have trouble going far regardless how cocky they are. All these teams they've barely beaten (McComb, Leipsic, Ottoville, Arlington) are going to have an advantage if they meet up a second time. If Pandora can win the District, I will be impressed.
2012 Las Rocket's Football Pick'em Champion
2011 Las Bandido's Football Pick'em Champion
2010 Las Rocket's Basketball Pick'em Champion

#23 BuckeyeMan

All District

• Members
  • 320 posts

Member No.: 3931

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (The Insider @ Oct 4 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Drama Queen is an over-statement when someone is having an asthma attack.

As far as Pandora being too cocky to go far, I don't think I would agree with that. Rather, I think Pandora is going to have trouble going far regardless how cocky they are. All these teams they've barely beaten (McComb, Leipsic, Ottoville, Arlington) are going to have an advantage if they meet up a second time. If Pandora can win the District, I will be impressed.

An asthma attack can be a scary incident, but how it is handled is a different thing. Like most injuries in sports, the athlete is attended to, removed from the floor and the game goes on. 10 - 15 minutes of attention in the heat of the match is a real momentum neutralizer. She's a great player and is key to PG's success, I just think it could have been handled differently so that it didn't take away from the match. Hope she is doing much better and continues to help the Rockets to soar to higher grounds !

#24 jojothedogfacedboy

All League

• Members
  • 44 posts

Member No.: 4991

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

I have my issues with the PG volleyball team and there are some things I would do differently. But to claim an asthma attack is being a drama queen is just plain stupid! If that is so how about the McComb girl who collapsed on the bench during the the game and was carried out, and was checked out by the EMS? That also stopped the game and could have changed the momentum of the game. Here is what I propose next time something happens to one of the girls we just drag them off the floor as to not interupt the flow anymore than needed!

#25 The Insider

All District

• Members
  • 434 posts

Member No.: 870

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

Congrats to the PG Volleyball team and Coach Williams on at least a share of the BVC after beating Van Buren in 5 games tonight!
2012 Las Rocket's Football Pick'em Champion
2011 Las Bandido's Football Pick'em Champion
2010 Las Rocket's Basketball Pick'em Champion

#26 ghostrider

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Member No.: 6411

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:38 PM

Congratulations Crestview for claiming the Nwc with a 3-0 victory over Delphos Jefferson tonight and a perfect 9-0 mark in the conference race. What a year girls with a current record of 18-3. Way to believe in yourselves with a team chemistry that was second to none. Keep battling.

#27 ahsfan8415

All District

• Members
  • 298 posts

Member No.: 5596

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

Congrats to Antwerp for capturing their 3rd straight GMC title with a 3 set triumph over holgate

#28 Blue Devil

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Member No.: 5828

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:51 PM

I believe the NWC boasts 4 teams with a winning record and Allen East is just above .500. Team chemistry can only do so much. Crestview will run into a MAC buzz saw at the Coldwater Districts.

#29 ghostrider

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Member No.: 6411

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:53 PM

What is new. Since the sectional Crestview is in has been going to Coldwater, we have never advanced. There isn't a conference in the state that wouldn't run into a buzz saw going the way we do. The comment about team chemistry was meant to compliment the team members on how they "respect" each other even when there are individual disappointments. Every team has disappointments but how they handle those situations is the true sign of "Character" of each and every member of this team. Whether it is over playing time, positions, or what ever, TEAM IS FIRST. It is refreshing not to have to worry about who is mad or pouting, or immaturity at the end of the season. True athletes turn disappointments into motivation to become even better, which inturn will help in accomplishing both individual and team goals. That will not be gained by blaming someone else. Tuesday's match with St. Henry will be our toughest match of the year and hopefully we can play our best game of the season, but win or lose it will be as a team. Go Knights

#30 Dark Knight

All District

• Members
  • 194 posts

Member No.: 3030

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

Great post ghost

#31 Blue Devil

All League

• Members
  • 22 posts

Member No.: 5828

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (ghostrider @ Oct 25 2010, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is new. Since the sectional Crestview is in has been going to Coldwater, we have never advanced. There isn't a conference in the state that wouldn't run into a buzz saw going the way we do. The comment about team chemistry was meant to compliment the team members on how they "respect" each other even when there are individual disappointments. Every team has disappointments but how they handle those situations is the true sign of "Character" of each and every member of this team. Whether it is over playing time, positions, or what ever, TEAM IS FIRST. It is refreshing not to have to worry about who is mad or pouting, or immaturity at the end of the season. True athletes turn disappointments into motivation to become even better, which inturn will help in accomplishing both individual and team goals. That will not be gained by blaming someone else. Tuesday's match with St. Henry will be our toughest match of the year and hopefully we can play our best game of the season, but win or lose it will be as a team. Go Knights

It may be a good post, but let's not forget we are talking about teenagers, and girls at that. There is no team, especially involving girls, which exists in the real world. It would be ideal, but not realistic.

#32 bravegirl22

• Members
  • 19 posts

Member No.: 3223

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Blue Devil @ Oct 26 2010, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It may be a good post, but let's not forget we are talking about teenagers, and girls at that. There is no team, especially involving girls, which exists in the real world. It would be ideal, but not realistic.

Blue Devil - I am not sure why you insist in putting down the team chemistry thing but you are wrong. Team chemistry is everything. Crestview has proved it once again a girls sport. The volleyball team is just one of many Crestview girls teams that have succeeded without having a standout athlete. They all came together and work hard to get where they are. They could not achieve what they did without all of them getting along and understanding and accepting their roles. Congrats to the Crestview Volleyball team. Good Luck at Coldwater. It will be tough but keep playing the way you are and leave everything on the court so that no matter win or lose you will be proud of your play (as a team).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users