Rose not playing for Chicago and he is cleared any thoughts/

8 replies to this topic

#1 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Member No.: 3674

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

i have wondered where are the haters are at. if lebron james or Kobe Bryanty had done this, they would have been crucified by critics. yet Rose who is medically cleared and is probably one of the healthiest players on his team, says he isn't quite ready but don't count him out. i only bring it up because he practices and scrimmages with his team now. If you can go full at practice for a scrimmage then you should play right?

Edited by gamekeeper, 11 May 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#2 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

He is getting ripped in Chicago. Just spent 2 days there and the local media is all over him. It's turned into a circus and IMO the Bulls and the Rose camp has handled this VERY poorly.

His teamates has shown tremendous heart. Can't say the same for Rose.

Edited by cubbies4life, 11 May 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#3 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

Good they should. i wouldn't have had a problem if he would have come out and said that he wasn't coming back this season at all and worked on rehabing by himself or with a trainer or a small group of players, but not his teammates. But to keep saying there is a chance, and make it seems like he might possbily come back. And If Chicago wins this series, (Which i would first be surprised,) and second he best not come back for the next IMO. That would just be a bad example for a player that wants to be the franchise and face of the team. must admit, i have become a fan of noah....

Edited by gamekeeper, 12 May 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#4 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

I think you may see Rose in another uniform soon. I can't believe he's not playing. Further, I don't know how he ever comes back and plays in Chicago without just getting ripped game after game. You wonder if his teammates even want him on the bench.

#5 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

i don't think they can get rid of him. They will get rid of Robinson, who has played his butt off for them, and i have to think Boozer maybe gone as well. Rose has just put alot of pressure on himself for next year because he better be awesome when he comes back or the boo birds are going to come out in droves.

#6 Kane23

All League

• Members
  • 49 posts

Member No.: 9472

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

View Postgamekeeper, on 11 May 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

i have wondered where are the haters are at. if lebron james or Kobe Bryanty had done this, they would have been crucified by critics. yet Rose who is medically cleared and is probably one of the healthiest players on his team, says he isn't quite ready but don't count him out. i only bring it up because he practices and scrimmages with his team now. If you can go full at practice for a scrimmage then you should play right?

Here's the thing. First off Rose has been getting crucified by critics. If you don't think so, then you you obviously were not paying much attention. He also has been getting crucified by some of his fans and what you call "haters". Bottom line, he received the same amount of criticism as Kobe or Lebron would.

Secondly, just because you are cleared to play by a doctor does not mean that "you're good". You can't just throw a guy out there that is used to carrying his team, expecting him to continue doing so without having the practices and workouts with his team. Hence why you see him practice and do other things with his teammates. Also you have to realize that he wasn't cleared til after the all-star break which was over half the season. And he wasn't even practicing with his team yet. You might want think to yourself if maybe the organization had anything to do with Rose not playing? I mean after all they are paying him and what you don't want is for him to come back too soon and injure himself again. So why not protect him by just sitting the season out and come back next season? That way he has the whole off season with his team.

So bottom line, in my mind he did the right thing. People are so foolish to question someones toughness just because they are taking the necessary time to heal up. It makes no sense.

#7 Kane23

All League

• Members
  • 49 posts

Member No.: 9472

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PostCommon Sense, on 13 May 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

I think you may see Rose in another uniform soon. I can't believe he's not playing. Further, I don't know how he ever comes back and plays in Chicago without just getting ripped game after game. You wonder if his teammates even want him on the bench.

I don't know about you, but I am a Bulls fan and not once have I ripped him for not playing. The true Bulls fans have not ripped the guy nor does he deserve to be. You are a fool if you think people in Chicago hate him for not playing or his fans. And sorry I don't expect him to be in another uniform soon because he still has 4 years left on his contract starting next season. And if you think the Bulls would ever think about trading their franchise player, you are delusional.

#8 Bluetiger76

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Member No.: 9020

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:59 AM

View Postgamekeeper, on 11 May 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

i have wondered where are the haters are at. if lebron james or Kobe Bryanty had done this........

Gamekeeper, I'm with ya...but in my humble opinion Rose isn't even close to Lebron James and Kobe in career production and most importantly "rings".

Kobe and Lebron went out and bust buns every night...Kobe has played in 1,280 regular season games and 220 playoff games, and Lebron 879 regular season games and 158 playoff games. Rose is in his sixth season and has played 325 regular season games and only 29 playoff games. It's hard to even guage his talent or value based on the last couple years.

I never have understood the "love" for Derrick Rose. He is in his sixth season and averaging 18ppg, 3.7rpg and only 4.9apg. For guys like Dirk Nowitzki that is end of their career numbers.

Rose is good, but in my humble opinion I have always thought they expected to much from him and he was simply over rated. But as his career unfolds (if it ever does) time will tell.

Edited by Bluetiger76, 28 January 2015 - 09:01 AM.

#9 Bluetiger76

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Member No.: 9020

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:33 AM

Well, Roses's 6th season is complete. He missed 31 games, shot 40.5% from the field, 28% from behind the arc, and avg'd 17.7ppg, 3.2 rpg and 4.9 apg. At 16.4 shots per game, he "missed" 10 of them and at the same time committed 3.2 turnovers per game. He quit in the playoffs and Jimmy Butler became the floor leader. And what was the organization's answer...........fire Thibodeaux.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users