Jump to content



Ottoville-Arlington

Ottoville-Arlington

65 replies to this topic

#21 Hillstone

    All District

  • Members
  • 112 posts

    Joined: 06-October 09
    Member No.: 5148

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:14 PM

Grove (3) at Arlington (4) Sat Feb 6th 1pm


#22 von

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,342 posts

    Joined: 14-December 06
    Member No.: 1604

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

View PostHillstone, on 03 January 2016 - 11:14 PM, said:

Grove (3) at Arlington (4) Sat Feb 6th 1pm
Remember Grove is Division 3 this year, and Africentric is in that division, not D-4 like a few years ago. Arlington should be the favorite from all of NW Ohio in D-4, of course they will have to beat St. Wendy's and their mountain of a player. Should be interesting.

#23 Casual_fan

    All League

  • Members
  • 99 posts

    Joined: 15-May 12
    Member No.: 9259

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:47 PM

View Postbvcgrad, on 02 January 2016 - 08:43 PM, said:

So are you saying you would bet against Arlington? If so feel free to send me a private message ! I am joking of course, well kinda !!!

No, I'm saying just because Arlington beat both in the regular season, doesn't guarantee they'll beat either or both again in the tournament. Both NB and Ottoville never gave up and stayed within winning distance throughout their games. Arlington will have to be ready for any rematches and come with their A game.

#24 General Tso

    All District

  • Members
  • 455 posts

    Joined: 28-January 14
    Member No.: 9596

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:15 PM

View PostHillstone, on 02 January 2016 - 08:49 PM, said:

Ottoville loses to Columbus Grove 56-34.
As dumber would have said, "So what you're trying to say is the Pirates still have a chance."

#25 bvcgrad

    All District

  • Members
  • 400 posts

    Joined: 12-November 07
    Member No.: 2973

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:02 PM

The Arlington vs North Baltimore game could have been a 20+ point game, I was not in attendance for Ottoville so no real input on that ! The lady tigers played hard but at times looked disinterested in defense.

#26 von

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,342 posts

    Joined: 14-December 06
    Member No.: 1604

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:26 PM

View Postbvcgrad, on 04 January 2016 - 08:02 PM, said:

The Arlington vs North Baltimore game could have been a 20+ point game, I was not in attendance for Ottoville so no real input on that ! The lady tigers played hard but at times looked disinterested in defense.

Ottoville defeats Bath 51-42, now 11-2

#27 DonnyDonuts

    All District

  • Members
  • 131 posts

    Joined: 24-January 12
    Member No.: 9180

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:29 AM

Good to see Arlington having another big year. Hopefully beteeen them, St. Wendelin and Carey one of them puts in a good showing at state for NWO.

#28 von

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,342 posts

    Joined: 14-December 06
    Member No.: 1604

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:42 PM

View PostDonnyDonuts, on 06 January 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

Good to see Arlington having another big year. Hopefully beteeen them, St. Wendelin and Carey one of them puts in a good showing at state for NWO.

For all you Ottoville fans, everyone played 70-27, way to go Green. Minster next week.

#29 Hagen

    All State

  • Members
  • 515 posts

    Joined: 22-October 10
    Member No.: 7010

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:13 AM

View Postvon, on 04 January 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

... Arlington should be the favorite from all of NW Ohio in D-4, of course they will have to beat St. Wendy's and their mountain of a player. Should be interesting.
50/50 toss up between St. Wendelin returning vs. Carey advancing. Most likely district match up there. Both teams returned about everyone from last year. Should be a helluva regional semi no matter who makes it.

#30 von

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,342 posts

    Joined: 14-December 06
    Member No.: 1604

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:51 PM

View PostHagen, on 08 January 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

50/50 toss up between St. Wendelin returning vs. Carey advancing. Most likely district match up there. Both teams returned about everyone from last year. Should be a helluva regional semi no matter who makes it.

St. Wendy's will be hard to beat, unless someone can stop the giant in the middle.

#31 General Tso

    All District

  • Members
  • 455 posts

    Joined: 28-January 14
    Member No.: 9596

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:33 PM

View Postvon, on 08 January 2016 - 10:51 PM, said:

St. Wendy's will be hard to beat, unless someone can stop the giant in the middle.
St. Wendy's had a tough time against Elida.

#32 flounder

    Stinkys Legend

  • [M] Moderator
  • 8,681 posts

    Joined: 01-January 06
    Member No.: 23
  • Location:Delta House---Faber College

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:57 PM

View PostGeneral Tso, on 08 January 2016 - 11:33 PM, said:

St. Wendy's had a tough time against Elida.

Elida was clicking that night and hitting on all cylinders!!!!!

#33 Coffeecreek

    All State

  • Members
  • 893 posts

    Joined: 04-December 07
    Member No.: 3034

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:37 PM

Didn't NB beat St. Wendelin earlier in the season??

#34 General Tso

    All District

  • Members
  • 455 posts

    Joined: 28-January 14
    Member No.: 9596

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:28 AM

View PostCoffeecreek, on 09 January 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

Didn't NB beat St. Wendelin earlier in the season??
Yep. 31-30

#35 Common Sense

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 1,292 posts

    Joined: 04-March 10
    Member No.: 5859

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:47 PM

St. Wendy is set up for tournament basketball. They have a big girl in the middle who is unstoppable if she gets the ball under the basket. Tournament time teams normally slow down the pace, and it plays right into their hands. Arlington was up on them last year and went ice cold shooting in the 2nd half.
St. Wendelin will be a tough out.

#36 Hillstone

    All District

  • Members
  • 112 posts

    Joined: 06-October 09
    Member No.: 5148

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:47 PM

Common Sense




Posted Today, 03:47 PM
St. Wendy is set up for tournament basketball. They have a big girl in the middle who is unstoppable if she gets the ball under the basket. Tournament time teams normally slow down the pace, and it plays right into their hands. Arlington was up on them last year and went ice cold shooting in the 2nd half.
St. Wendelin will be a tough out.

First you stated IF she gets the BALL. and
What type of support does she have around?

#37 General Tso

    All District

  • Members
  • 455 posts

    Joined: 28-January 14
    Member No.: 9596

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:11 PM

View PostHillstone, on 11 January 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

Common Sense
Posted Today, 03:47 PM
St. Wendy is set up for tournament basketball. They have a big girl in the middle who is unstoppable if she gets the ball under the basket. Tournament time teams normally slow down the pace, and it plays right into their hands. Arlington was up on them last year and went ice cold shooting in the 2nd half.
St. Wendelin will be a tough out.

First you stated IF she gets the BALL. and
What type of support does she have around?
I went to their game last year at Elida against Ottoville and I know they have their guard back. Not sure if anyone else has stepped up this year for them. Put 2 on the big girl and see if your other 3 can keep their other 4 from getting her the ball.

Bye the way, it was nice to see a lot of Ottoville fans at the Cove last Thursday. They had twice as many fans there than we did.

#38 BlueJay

    Hall of Fame

  • Members
  • 4,786 posts

    Joined: 01-November 08
    Member No.: 4123

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:22 AM

Has the big girl from SW improved athletically? I stand by my observations that she does nothing but stand under the basket and wait for someone to give her the ball. She doesn't dribble, she doesn't play good defense, etc. She stands around and waits. When she's forced to actually take a shot, she air balls every time. Anyone watched her play this season?

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions


#39 Hagen

    All State

  • Members
  • 515 posts

    Joined: 22-October 10
    Member No.: 7010

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:39 AM

View PostBlueJay, on 12 January 2016 - 09:22 AM, said:

Has the big girl from SW improved athletically? I stand by my observations that she does nothing but stand under the basket and wait for someone to give her the ball. She doesn't dribble, she doesn't play good defense, etc. She stands around and waits. When she's forced to actually take a shot, she air balls every time. Anyone watched her play this season?
Roughly the same player as last year (in the few times I've seen her this year), but in D4, it doesn't really matter because of her size and ability to finish once under the basket. In districts vs. Carey last year (who has two athletic/tall 6' posts), she still got the ball through them and finished. She didn't need to dribble because she already was around the bucket. She catches/passes well enough to aid the press breaker that those don't really kill FSW either. I'll argue for her defense though. It's not great, but it's not exactly poor by any means. She doesn't leave her feet (doesn't have to) & has the "Greg Oden effect" in that she alters so many shots, even if she doesn't directly block them.
Carey will be a good test in District Finals once again with their big 3 back (including the two 6-footers), but I don't think either of them get by Arlington.

Edited by Hagen, 21 January 2016 - 10:11 AM.


#40 NWOsports24

    Newbie

  • New Members
  • 7 posts

    Joined: 20-January 16
    Member No.: 9869

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:14 PM

View PostHagen, on 13 January 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:


Roughly the same player as last year (in the few times I've seen her this year), but in D4, it doesn't really matter because of her size and ability to finish once under the basketball. In districts vs. Carey last year (who has two athletic/tall 6' posts), she still got the ball through them and finished. She didn't need to dribble because she already was around the bucket. She catches/passes well enough to aid the press breaker that those don't really kill FSW either. I'll argue for her defense though. It's not great, but it's not exactly poor by any means. She doesn't leave her feet (doesn't have to) & has the "Greg Oden effect" in that she alters so many shots, even if she doesn't directly block them.
Carey will be a good test in District Finals once again with their big 3 back (including the two 6-footers), but I don't think either of them get by Arlington.

I agree that the St. Wendy/Carey matchup will most likely happen in district finals. They don't see eachother in the reg. season but in my opinion their sectionals are weak.

What about an Ottoville/Arlington re-match? Two great teams with tournament experience...sometimes when you meet a team the second time around it is a tougher battle.

Predictions on other District winners?....Ayersville, Marion Local, Minster???

Edited by NWOsports24, 20 January 2016 - 04:22 PM.








1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users